GDT: Preseason game #4: Islanders @ Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Pietilla sounds like a kind of rice or something.

John Moore with a goal!:handclap:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Sounds like Stephon Marbury is starting to look like Stephon Marbury. He should have stayed retired from the NBA and picked up golf instead of hockey.

Sounded like one that squeaked in from the blue line.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
As much as I'm ''Pro-moving on from Lou and the old guard'' if you call it that, I do think that helmetless stuff was also unnecessary and trollish.

If there's one thing I think we should not have moved on that was a Lou policy, the helmet's mandatory during warm up's is one of them.

I know most team's in the league (or actually almost all of them) do not make helmet's mandatory during warm ups for their players. I think we should have kept that though. The last thing we need is a player to be injured by not having their helmet on in warm up and being hit in the head or something.

And even if we're not keeping it mandatory, I don't think they should be glorifying that the player's are going helmetless for warm up. I'm fine with most of the changes, some of this stuff is just trolling and bush league though. I thought that advertising about how guy's have no helmet's in warm up was unnecessary for sure.

And it sounds like Pietilla (or whatever his name is) made a very amateur play. That should be it for him after tonight, not like he's gonna be on the team anyway. Need to get as many potential opening night guys in as possible.

Whether they wear helmets or not in warmups, are able to choose their own #s or not, the facial hair, and some of the other stuff - those things are afterthoughts. The issue is that the Devils off ice clown show needs to make sure you know these things and it's become childish.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
As much as I'm ''Pro-moving on from Lou and the old guard'' if you call it that, I do think that helmetless stuff was also unnecessary and trollish.

If there's one thing I think we should not have moved on that was a Lou policy, the helmet's mandatory during warm up's is one of them.

I know most team's in the league (or actually almost all of them) do not make helmet's mandatory during warm ups for their players. I think we should have kept that though. The last thing we need is a player to be injured by not having their helmet on in warm up and being hit in the head or something.

And even if we're not keeping it mandatory, I don't think they should be glorifying that the player's are going helmetless for warm up. I'm fine with most of the changes, some of this stuff is just trolling and bush league though. I thought that advertising about how guy's have no helmet's in warm up was unnecessary for sure.

And it sounds like Pietilla (or whatever his name is) made a very amateur play. That should be it for him after tonight, not like he's gonna be on the team anyway. Need to get as many potential opening night guys in as possible.

I didn't even realize helmets were NOT mandatory in warmups till now. I don't really get being without them either although you never really hear about guys getting injured in warmups cause they don't have the helmet on, why even take the .2% chance? So fans can see the players' hair? Big whoop.

And yeah it's almost like we're promoting the Berlin Wall coming down with the over the top stuff.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Stempniak has twice as many points as almost everyone on the team this preseason and 2 or 3 more points than some have at all. What's he got, 3 points now?

And he's proven to be a more than decent player in the league, unlike someone like Sislo and his goal the other night.

I think we should give him a contract for sure. Anyone with offense should be considered.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I didn't even realize helmets were NOT mandatory in warmups till now. I don't really get being without them either although you never really hear about guys getting injured in warmups cause they don't have the helmet on, why even take the .2% chance? So fans can see the players' hair? Big whoop.

And yeah it's almost like we're promoting the Berlin Wall coming down with the over the top stuff.

Supposedly the Oilers made it mandatory also after Taylor Hall was injured in warm ups not wearing one.

They were always mandatory for us, as long as I can remember. At least as long as Lou's been there.

I'm sure if more injuries happen or if just one big one happens to someone around the league from taking a puck to the head in warm up and being helmetless, I wouldn't be surprised if some of these insurance companies start to refuse to insure a player if they get hurt in warm ups and weren't wearing a helmet. I'm not sure if the insurance company's are permitted to do that, but it seems like they could.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
I think Lou had a rule that if you wore a visor it had to be a straight visor but Kovy wore a curved one but maybe he made an exception for him. There was also something on the type of glove they were because I think Kovy had to change it pretty soon after he cam here.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Brace yourselves - and the fact they tweeted that at the Islanders...

nydSK0N.gif

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
From TG earlier

Tom Gulitti @TGfireandice
Good thing Tlusty is wearing a helmet now. Puck came off glass and hit him in head.

Really dumb scoreboard bit there about Nassau Coliseum being deserted now

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Matt Loughlin ''I don't think we'll ever see Boulton without (a shield) one''

More like hopefully we don't ever see Boulton again after this. Retire already, you waste of a jock strap and pair of skates.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Supposedly the Oilers made it mandatory also after Taylor Hall was injured in warm ups not wearing one.

They were always mandatory for us, as long as I can remember. At least as long as Lou's been there.

I'm sure if more injuries happen or if just one big one happens to someone around the league from taking a puck to the head in warm up and being helmetless, I wouldn't be surprised if some of these insurance companies start to refuse to insure a player if they get hurt in warm ups and weren't wearing a helmet. I'm not sure if the insurance company's are permitted to do that, but it seems like they could.

It's really not a big deal but ya we don't need to be advertising it. Kind of lame.

The Colosseum bit was just bush though. It was lame and bit low. Wasn't even funny. Like if you want to take dumb pot shots be clever. Make fun of Brooklyn or something or the ****** hockey arena.

Prefer to just not do it at all.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
From TG earlier

Good thing Tlusty is wearing a helmet now. Puck came off glass and hit him in head.

Really dumb scoreboard bit there about Nassau Coliseum being deserted now

Haha I loved the part about Tlusty.

Snarky TG is snarky.:laugh:

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
Had no idea about Blandisi's PK skills, if he can play RW and kill penalties while chipping in some goals i'd love to have him on the team.

NHL Fanatik*

At the game, some names Ive liked so far tonight, besides the obvious;

Blandisi, Gragnani, Moore

names I didnt even realize were playing until later in the game (so a bad thing basically)

Gionta, Tlusty (this one concerns me)

Kinkaid has looked great, albeit it is a pre season game so ive done more socializing than analyzing of players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad