GDT: Preseason game #4: Islanders @ Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He might just be your least favorite prospect in the history of the Devils haha

Now that I read this again, you said my least favorite prospect in Devils history! I thought you said least favorite player when I first read this. More confirmation that my eyes are aging at least twice as fast as the read of me, or at least when I read things in small print.:laugh:

You are close though, I still hated Barry Tallackson a lot more. Barry ''Jack of all trades and master of sucking'' Tallackson. ''He can play with Elias when we call him up!'' ''He can play PK and PP! He can play everywhere!'' This was possibly the most overrated prospect we ever had, which would have been understandable at a time when our forwards and offense weren't good. Tallackson was overhyped at a time we had Parise and Zajac in the pipeline, as well as some pretty great forwards in their prime like Elias, Gionta and Langenbrunner.

Christ Tallackson was awful garbage. Just outrageously bad.

Hey if Sislo can get one more point in his next call up, he'll have as many NHL career points as Tallackson! Tallackson was a abomination to hockey prospects everywhere. I think people were upset when Tallackson was waived by us in 08 or 09, even when he was 26 years old, and 7 years after being drafted and had virtually no chance of EVER being an NHL player anymore by that time. And of course he went unclaimed.

The only cool thing about Tallackson was his last name sounded cool. Barry Tallackson is a cool name, Barry Tallackson was a horrendous hockey player. He does score at well over half a point per game in the Deutsch league though! Even as recently as this past 14-15 season!

Barry Tallackson made Christian Berglund and Pierre Dagenais look like damn good NHL hockey players/prospects. Neither were ever hyped half as much as Tallackson. He even made Jiri Bicek look like a way better pick and prospect.

Sugloblob was pretty hyped too, now that I think about it. Not like that BUM Talcum powder.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Really happy to hear Blandisi had a good game. I think he'd do well rounding out our bottom 6 this year. And the way he plays there could be potential of him moving up the lineup later on.

And Boosh scored! That's new :laugh:

Hynes saying the lineup will be a mix of guys who did and didn't play so I hope Blandasi gets another game.

Like to actually see more of him.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Did Gellinas step on your dog's head? Give it a break already.

I like Gelly more than most on here, I'll admit he hasn't looked very good at all this preseason.

I'm okay with his defense being bad, as long as he can pump out some offense.

His defense was bad (aside from the first few weeks of his first call up) in 13-14 in his first season with us, but he scored at around a half a point per game pace.

Last year his goal scoring was around the same or maybe even up from the year before, his assists were significantly down.

I still think (as of now) that he's our best offensive defenseman. I could see him being a scratch if he doesn't either improve his play on the other side of the puck or start pumping out the points again. Especially if Larsson continues his offense from last year and becomes a better offensive threat than Gelly. And if Merrill can have a bit of a breakout on offense.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Sad I missed the third period, but I did have a date with my fiance so it was worth it. Proud of Cammy and Boucher for scoring, and of the Devils for getting a win. From what I heard, it sounded like the Devils played pretty well tonight. Nice result, and I was especially impressed by what I heard about Blandisi on the radio. He seemed to have a very strong game. Great for him.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Sad I missed the third period, but I did have a date with my fiance so it was worth it. Proud of Cammy and Boucher for scoring, and of the Devils for getting a win. From what I heard, it sounded like the Devils played pretty well tonight. Nice result, and I was especially impressed by what I heard about Blandisi on the radio. He seemed to have a very strong game. Great for him.

Even Boucher scored, who we both were doubting!:handclap:

Please no Sislo tomorrow, I don't care how good he was in scrimmages or some fluky goal he scored on Monday night. Since we know he doesn't have a very good chance of actually scoring in a regular season NHL game.

No PL3 either, play Toots again if we need to have someone who fights.

Blandisi looks like he's ready to fight too. :naughty:

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
This is ********* that the best game we play, we couldn't watch on TV. It's a Friday night, I got nothing better to do, and they don't broadcast the first home game we have. Unbelievable how every other team we played broadcasted their games. I understand MSG may hate us, but could we at least get the scoreboard streamed?

Edit:

Yet we got constant video of practices, golf outings and our prospects on a freaking boat. But nope, not our first home game.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
From Reddit:

[–]mattchewk#4 - Scott Stevens 1 point 28 minutes ago
Quick Notes from the PRESEASON game
Quenville did not look nhl ready
Larsson looked great really confident with the puck
Moore made a really bad pass that led to the isles second goal, then scored on a rip like 5 min later, he looked ok at best outside that shot
Cammy is really good
Tootoo is my favorite player and chippy as all hell already out there
People will talk about bland's goal but i was really impressed with everything he did out there. Created chances on his own, had very nice handle and got in a fight, i like it
Kinky is very good, both goals were not his fault in the slightest and his reaction time to rebounds is phenominal (though id like to see less rebounds)
We are still (without a lot of our starters) struggling to find outside shots on the power play, it always just feels like we circle the puck slower than the better teams
Zajac was pretty invisible to me
Heldge looked pretty solid at times but a few shaky puck handling moments leave me concerned
Everyone else didnt really stand out, boucher got a hustle goal in front of the net that was nice but i dont remember much else from him

[–]thatonekid0909#5 - Adam Larsson 1 point 28 minutes ago
I think it was Pietila with the bad pass on the Isles' second goal
permalinkparent
[–]mattchewk#4 - Scott Stevens 1 point 24 minutes ago
Thought it was moore to piet but i could be very well be wrong it was all coming towards me

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Even Boucher scored, who we both were doubting!:handclap:

Please no Sislo tomorrow, I don't care how good he was in scrimmages or some fluky goal he scored on Monday night. Since we know he doesn't have a very good chance of actually scoring in a regular season NHL game.

No PL3 either, play Toots again if we need to have someone who fights.

Blandisi looks like he's ready to fight too. :naughty:

It's our doubting that spurred him to success. He couldn't have done it without us. :)

Sascha Goc

Mar 9, 2014
Another goal for John Moore... looking moore and moore like he's getting that 6D spot based off these preseason games.

Sascha Goc

Mar 9, 2014
This is ********* that the best game we play, we couldn't watch on TV. It's a Friday night, I got nothing better to do, and they don't broadcast the first home game we have. Unbelievable how every other team we played broadcasted their games. I understand MSG may hate us, but could we at least get the scoreboard streamed?

Edit:

Yet we got constant video of practices, golf outings and our prospects on a freaking boat. But nope, not our first home game.

I'm sure it's some kind of contractual thing between MSG and the Devils/Isles that they have to alternate preseason broadcasts (while the Rangers get every game broadcasted :rant:). I agree that they should throw a stream up on the website from the scoreboard video. That can't be difficult to do nowadays.

edit: just remembered that we also played the Islanders tonight LOL. I think that's a stupid move by MSG now, you could've gotten viewers from both fanbases.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
How was barzal, for those who attended?
I believe he made a bad pass to Blandisi on the PP that caused Blandisi's shorthanded goal. Then I believe it was him that Pietilla made what sounded like a brain dead play to, that lead to Barzal scoring a goal not too long later. That name Pietilla sounds like rice or something. Almost like a rice pilaf tortilla or something.
It's our doubting that spurred him to success. He couldn't have done it without us. :)
Now we just need to do the same for Sislo and PL3! Haha.

I don't think it will help them, my Sislo bashing did cause a couple of his preseason goals though. Last week and a couple years ago. Still don't wanna see anymore of him, it would be like Eric Boulton scoring a preseason goal.
Another goal for John Moore... looking moore and moore like he's getting that 6D spot based off these preseason games.
I'm not too sure if he's this good at offense, but I always thought he'd be an every night defenseman.

Sounds like it's between Gelly and Schlemko for the last spot, or at least they'll rotate. I hope it's Gelly, as I'm a huge fan of his. He hasn't exactly been in favor with either of his NHL coaching staffs and he hasn't been all that great this preseason either.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
I'm sure it's some kind of contractual thing between MSG and the Devils/Isles that they have to alternate preseason broadcasts (while the Rangers get every game broadcasted :rant:). I agree that they should throw a stream up on the website from the scoreboard video. That can't be difficult to do nowadays.

********, the Isles broadcasted two home games in a row. And what kinda jab in the back is MSG by playing the Isles vs Flyers game instead of the Devils vs Isles. Instead of having both their teams broadcasted, they chose just to have 1.

MSG could go off themselves.

Edit: They did it last year. It's definitely possible.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
********, the Isles broadcasted two home games in a row. And what kinda jab in the back is MSG by playing the Isles vs Flyers game instead of the Devils vs Isles. Instead of having both their teams broadcasted, they chose just to have 1.

MSG could go off themselves.

Edit: They did it last year. It's definitely possible.

To be fair, I believe the Isles/Flyers broadcast was just them picking up the CSN feed from the Flyers. I don't think it was an Islanders broadcast with the Isles crew, as far as I know. So I can understand why they showed that.

If it were an Islanders broadcast and they refused to show us against them instead, I would have been pretty annoyed myself.

Sascha Goc

Mar 9, 2014
I believe he made a bad pass to Blandisi on the PP that caused Blandisi's shorthanded goal. Then I believe it was him that Pietilla made what sounded like a brain dead play to, that lead to Barzal scoring a goal not too long later. That name Pietilla sounds like rice or something. Almost like a rice pilaf tortilla or something.

Now we just need to do the same for Sislo and PL3! Haha.

I don't think it will help them, my Sislo bashing did cause a couple of his preseason goals though. Last week and a couple years ago. Still don't wanna see anymore of him, it would be like Eric Boulton scoring a preseason goal.

I'm not too sure if he's this good at offense, but I always thought he'd be an every night defenseman.

Sounds like it's between Gelly and Schlemko for the last spot, or at least they'll rotate. I hope it's Gelly, as I'm a huge fan of his. He hasn't exactly been in favor with either of his NHL coaching staffs and he hasn't been all that great this preseason either.

Injuries and bad stretches of play will happen even if Gelinas starts off the year as the 7D. He will get his shot. I agree Moore is probably taking advantage of preseason goalies and will not show this type of offense when the games count.

NHL Fanatik*

Shame to read that Zajac was invisible again. He really needs to do much better this year than last.

He wasnt invisible, he played well defensively and his passing was good as usual.

For those who expect offense from Zajac anymore, unless he has good wingers he isnt that offensively talented.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
To be fair, I believe the Isles/Flyers broadcast was just them picking up the CSN feed from the Flyers. I don't think it was an Islanders broadcast with the Isles crew, as far as I know. So I can understand why they showed that.

If it were an Islanders broadcast and they refused to show us against them instead, I would have been pretty annoyed myself.

It looks like you're right. Assumed it was a home game. Still kind of upset they chose to show a CSN feed instead of having our guys call the game. They would have got both the Devils and Isles fan base so it's not like they wouldn't have a lot of viewers. It wouldn't have been any worst than Wednesday.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
He wasnt invisible, he played well defensively and his passing was good as usual.

For those who expect offense from Zajac anymore, unless he has good wingers he isnt that offensively talented.

I don't know, I expect SOME offense out of Zajac :help:

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey

If Zajac doesn't produce quite a bit more than he did last year, the Devils are going to be in trouble next season unless one of the young forwards can really surprise. Another season like the previous one from Zajac will be a disappointment to me, to be blunt. In my opinion, he's probably the most frustrating Devil on our team when expected production for roles is taken into account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad