GDT: Preseason game #4: Islanders @ Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Did they really air that desserted Nassau Coliseum bit on the scoreboard at the game, that TG posted on twitter?

If so, that's a really cheap potshot. And everyone knows I'm no Islanders sympathizer. I just think that was a cheap low blow though.

As annoying as some of their fanbase has gotten after the playoff berth's recently, I still feel bad for the ones on Long Island, where trips to the Barclay's Center aren't very convenient. Let alone how awful the sightlines are in some of those seats in that building. I do sympathize with them there.

I'm not one of these ''Islanders and Devils fans hold hands and unite against the evil Rangers!'' fans, I do think that was unnecessary though.

I bet Islanders fans in the crowd tonight were irate after they showed that, I wouldn't blame them at all.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I bet if we get a goal tonight by some divine miracle, it's probably scored by some guy that won't be on the team or probably has no place on the team right now.

I'm going with MA Gragnani or maybe Blandisi.

Deleted member 28548

Bernier makes it 1-0 Islanders.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Meh 1-0 Islanders on a 5 on 3.

The penalties still haven't stopped yet.:shakehead

Don't they know Cory isn't in tonight? They can score a goal or two, I hope they know.

No more guys who definitely aren't gonna be on the NHL team in after tonight, or at least after tomorrow please.

That includes Boucher IMO if he doesn't start doing something offensively. He needs to provide some offense since that's his game.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I bet if we get a goal tonight by some divine miracle, it's probably scored by some guy that won't be on the team or probably has no place on the team right now.

I'm going with MA Gragnani or maybe Blandisi.

Am I good? Or am I good?

The funny part is I almost didn't type Blandisi originally, even though he came to mind by name. So I went ahead and did put him down by name. I was even confident that Blandisi was gonna bury it as soon as I heard he was in alone on a break.

LOL and Bernier gets the Islanders goal. That wasn't hard to imagine at all right there.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
May not bode well for gragnani making it 5-3, hey you called it blandisi shg as I'm typing this.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Blandisi is awesome. He won't be a team-leading scorer, but he's going to be a very solid piece moving forward. Carl Hagelin comparable.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Keep ripping into them, Bleed. It's working. :naughty:

Haha well I didn't rip on Blandisi in that post like I did Sislo the other night before he scored. Just said it would be a guy that probably won't be on the team or has no room on the team currently, like MA Gragnani or Blandisi.

I do like Blandisi, I am starting to like him more than Boucher easily. I would rather he makes the team than invisible Boucher at this point, or at least I'm leaning towards. He probably still needs more AHL time though.

Maybe Boucher can do something tonight to shut me up though?

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Did they really air that desserted Nassau Coliseum bit on the scoreboard at the game, that TG posted on twitter?

If so, that's a really cheap potshot. And everyone knows I'm no Islanders sympathizer. I just think that was a cheap low blow though.

As annoying as some of their fanbase has gotten after the playoff berth's recently, I still feel bad for the ones on Long Island, where trips to the Barclay's Center aren't very convenient. Let alone how awful the sightlines are in some of those seats in that building. I do sympathize with them there.

I'm not one of these ''Islanders and Devils fans hold hands and unite against the evil Rangers!'' fans, I do think that was unnecessary though.

I bet Islanders fans in the crowd tonight were irate after they showed that, I wouldn't blame them at all.

It is pretty embarrassing from the Devils standpoint.

Terribly amateurish, a horrible attempt at humor, and really not even necessary because of how they've had a difficult time trying to get a suitable, modern hockey arena by having to deal with things out of their control.

Then you had the team social media pages blasting out the lucky #13 stuff for a few days after the players were allowed to select their own numbers. Then also tonight, posting about helmetless players in warmups. Aside from them who cares about that stuff? Funny though that Lou is still in their heads that they feel the need to make sure everybody knows they are doing things differently though :laugh:

The non-hockey related management in this organization is a laughing stock.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Haha well I didn't rip on Blandisi in that post like I did Sislo the other night before he scored. Just said it would be a guy that probably won't be on the team or has no room on the team currently, like MA Gragnani or Blandisi.

I do like Blandisi, I am starting to like him more than Boucher easily. I would rather he makes the team than invisible Boucher at this point, or at least I'm leaning towards. He probably still needs more AHL time though.

Maybe Boucher can do something tonight to shut me up though?

I'm liking Blandisi more than Boucher, too, but I'd be happy if Boucher would prove us both wrong.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It is pretty embarrassing from the Devils standpoint.

Terribly amateurish, a horrible attempt at humor, and really not even necessary because of how they've had a difficult time trying to get a suitable, modern hockey arena by having to deal with things out of their control.

Then you had the team social media pages blasting out the lucky #13 stuff for a few days after the players were allowed to select their own numbers. Then also tonight, posting about helmetless players in warmups. Aside from them who cares about that stuff? Funny though that Lou is still in their heads that they feel the need to make sure everybody knows they are doing things differently though :laugh:

The non-hockey related management in this organization is a laughing stock.

As much as I'm ''Pro-moving on from Lou and the old guard'' if you call it that, I do think that helmetless stuff was also unnecessary and trollish.

If there's one thing I think we should not have moved on that was a Lou policy, the helmet's mandatory during warm up's is one of them.

I know most team's in the league (or actually almost all of them) do not make helmet's mandatory during warm ups for their players. I think we should have kept that though. The last thing we need is a player to be injured by not having their helmet on in warm up and being hit in the head or something.

And even if we're not keeping it mandatory, I don't think they should be glorifying that the player's are going helmetless for warm up. I'm fine with most of the changes, some of this stuff is just trolling and bush league though. I thought that advertising about how guy's have no helmet's in warm up was unnecessary for sure.

And it sounds like Pietilla (or whatever his name is) made a very amateur play. That should be it for him after tonight, not like he's gonna be on the team anyway. Need to get as many potential opening night guys in as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad