GDT: PRESEASON - Flames @ Oilers [1:00pm MT]

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
It’s pre season. There are way too many positives so far to get upset about a little collapse.

That said, Valimaki lost his spot probably. Prout doesn’t belong in the modern game.

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
The ol' 35-15 shot adv and 4-3 oil? Welp, iron out these rusty tender kinks in the pre-season then. From an entertainment perspective it looks like we can expect 7-10 goals per game. Hartley is smilin' somewhere.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I've constantly felt during this preseason that the Flames get to a point where they're like "yup, we've accomplished what we wanted to here" and their play just falls off a cliff. Hope they can flip a switch next week.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
2 of our goals against have come with Valimaki-Prout out there. The other two came off the PP. Not a huge deal, but you'd like to see a better PP where we don't find ourselves in a losing situation as a result

Reactions: flames23

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
It's true. You have zero understanding for the word context and you freak out about goaltending anytime there is a goal.

We've had one good game this pre-season from our goalies. The fact our starter is 36 and we don't even have an established backup does lead me to some concern, thank you very much.

Reactions: Wewillrise

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
We've had one good game this pre-season from our goalies. The fact our starter is 36 and we don't even have an established backup does lead me to some concern, thank you very much.
Now you are just making things up to justify your constant whining

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Valimaki was placed with Prout to see what he could do on his without having an established veteran next to him. And based on that, he's clearly not ready.

Mangiapane hasn't been all that noticeable thus far. Looks like Dube wins that spot.

Andersson continues to look solid though.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
*snip* - The fact our starter is 36 and we don't even have an established backup does lead me to some concern, thank you very much.

Those are legitimate causes for concern regarding our goaltending. The number of saves they make in preseason games however, isn’t really. Especially accounting for sample size and the amount of shuffling that goes on with the rest of the roster in front of the goalies.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Those are legitimate causes for concern regarding our goaltending. The number of saves they make in preseason games however, isn’t really. Especially accounting for sample size and the amount of shuffling that goes on with the rest of the roster in front of the goalies.

Would love to have a strong start in the regular season, and I would expect Smith to get better. But anyone calling me a liar for saying our goalies have looked like crap thus far is full of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $275.00