GDT: PRESEASON - Flames @ Oilers [1:00pm MT]

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Yeah Canes fans really played him down as a guy that's been plateauing. I have to say, he's a better fit on that line than Neal which I didn't think would happen

In this case it's more from my own opinions of never being impressed by him.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Not able to watch but seeing we're outshooting em 19-5. Oilers gonna oil.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Bennett:
I’m scoring and playing some great hockey. Can I move away from Mark and play in the top 9?

Flames:
Uhhhhh
giphy.gif

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Bennett:
I’m scoring and playing some great hockey. Can I move away from Mark and play in the top 9?

Flames:
Uhhhhh
Pretty disappointing he hasn't even sniffed top 6 minutes in preseason but if he continues playing like he has, he'll make enough noise to get moved up

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Pretty disappointing he hasn't even sniffed top 6 minutes in preseason but if he continues playing like he has, he'll make enough noise to get moved up
The problem with Bennett is the same as always, he doesn't finish. He plays well, creates chances, but he can't finish.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
The way Canes fans talked about Lindholm, made it sound like we were getting Frolik 2.0. Lindy looks more like Backlund 2.0, with better hands and finish. Reeeeeally like his game so far.

Really wish fans were better about when they let guys go. If we went by this board, we were getting three absolute duds from Carolina.

Reactions: tmurfin

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
It's possible Lindholm just plateaued over in Carolina and fans were unable to reconcile their expectations with what they were getting. It happens.

And Gaudreau's simply on a different level compared to Lindholm's previous linemates.

There's definitely a ton of untapped offensive potential here.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Really wish fans were better about when they let guys go. If we went by this board, we were getting three absolute duds from Carolina.
Yup MA Bergeron and Frolik for the re-incarnation of Bobby Orr :sarcasm:

But seriously, there were some pretty brutal revisionist histories on both sides lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad