GDT: PRESEASON - Flames @ Oilers [1:00pm MT]

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
Agreed on the 3M line. I have no doubt that Frolik will rebound this season, but we brought in Neal, Lindholm and Czarnik to avoid putting together the same lines and playing the same way as last season
That has nothing to do why those guys were brought in. They were brought in to add secondary scoring, no more, no less.

Reactions: tmurfin

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
That has nothing to do why those guys were brought in. They were brought in to add secondary scoring, no more, no less.
Yah, if anything they were brought in so we could continue to run the 3M line together without having every other line look subpar.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
Yah, if anything they were brought in so we could continue to run the 3M line together without having every other line look subpar.
I'm not sure that is accurate either, clearly based on the preseason they seriously looked at splitting up the 3m line.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I'm not sure that is accurate either, clearly based on the preseason they seriously looked at splitting up the 3m line.
Of course they’re trying their options. I never said they were a lock to keep them together, I’m saying, if anything, they’ve shown they still can fall back to the 3M line as default without worrying about the other lines, rather than actively avoiding putting it together.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

With no Lazar or Hathaway, does that mean they're in or they're already out?

It means they know exactly what these two can do...not much

Their job is available to be stolen by Dube, Mange or Peluso if they impress tonight.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
It means they know exactly what these two can do...not much

Their job is available to be stolen by Dube, Mange or Peluso if they impress tonight.
Dube and Mangiapane aren't competing for pressbox jobs, which is where all of Lazar, Hathaway and Peluso would be.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I'm going to be surprised if Lazar sticks around. Hathaway has a role, and he's probably the 13th/14th forward unless Peluso dominates today.

What role does Hathaway have?

He is a bad Pker, not good defensively, a big negative offensively, I think his physical play is pretty overrated and certainly not worth the other negatives he has, he can't really provide toughness.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->