GWT: Premier League Round 24

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Hmmm I definitely thought I had a different prediction than that at the beginning of the season @Edo with Arsenal in 7th behind Everton. I could be wrong.
Liverpool really need 6 points before the Spurs game. They will probably try to rotate a bit in the FA Cup game against WBA (although without replacing Coutinho it’s going to be a bit harder on them to rotate at a higher level) And the game again Tottenham will be key to them finishing top four again. They are still dangerous.
Well Hendo, Moreno and Lallana are back and they kept Woodburn specifically for depth. Milner still needs minutes too. I think there's still plenty of room for rotation with some of these players we have.

Need a big game today. Keep the machine rolling.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Well Hendo, Moreno and Lallana are back and they kept Woodburn specifically for depth. Milner still needs minutes too. I think there's still plenty of room for rotation with some of these players we have.

Need a big game today. Keep the machine rolling.
Midfield is deep. Forward line not so much. The midfield can survive Coutinho’s loss but he played a lot of LW too. If Liverpool have to turn to Woodburn, that’s a lot to put on the kid. Solanke and Woodburn are both very green. Ings’ knee is a time bomb. Origi is in Germany doing terrible. And most importantly, Liverpool haven’t clinched anything yet. I wish they would add another forward before the end of the month but doubt it will happen. In fact they will probably lose Sturridge. They are running out of bodies.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Well, outside of the big three (Firmino, Salah, Mane) we still have Solanke, Ings, Chambo, Woodburn, Lallana and I guess Wilson (in theory) that can play as forwards. Sturridge too when he's healthy (assuming he stays). With the depth in midfield I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Klopp using the 4-4-2 more in games where rotation is needed and then even someone like TAA or Moreno can fill in on the flanks. I think it'll be fine.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
That was the most uninspiring 4-1 win I've ever seen Arsenal have. The stadium at so many empty seats (though that could be due to the weather), it was softer than a library, and just a dark shadow that we're losing our best player once again because a lack of ambition. Arsenal are looking like a feeder team now with this board and manager (move over Dortmund).

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Would have played TAA over Gomez but otherwise about as good as we can put out right now. I don't think that Can being captain is any indication of his staying or not; Mignolet was made captain also and he's been dropped. I wonder how he makes those decisions. Lovren was captain just last game, no?

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
I can see either way. I do think contract aside Can would probably be my first choice captain in that XI.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Can is going to sign a contract. Love that lineup.
I dunno man. The Liverpool captaincy has been a kiss of death. Coutinho, Mignolet and Lovren have all had it this season lol.

I probably would have played Lallana and Trent today instead of Wijnaldum and Gomez but can’t complain too much.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Only off the top of my head, most of Klopp's skipper picks seem to be players who have been at the club for awhile.
Yeah he mentioned this when asked about how he gave it to Lovren recently (IIRC). I think at the time he had said it was between Lovren or Can, but he went with Lovren because he was older.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
He's not a fullback though his athleticism allows him to substitute there and do alright. He has his moments. TAA is better suited to the role at the moment, in my opinion.

Love that van Dijk is such a huge aerial presence.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Another offensive player would be a nice sub at halftime. But Klopp doesn’t really do tactical subs.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Bad play + bad internet with VPN that makes the stream super laggy, not a frustrating combo at all rofl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad