GWT: Premier League Round 1

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Xhaka is so, so bad.

I'm embarrassed he was even linked to Roma this summer , even if it was just bullsh!t.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Well, let's not act like this is Burnley at home here either. I don't think very highly of this Arsenal squad, but they've got plenty of expensive 'stars' playing who you would expect to perform in a home opener.
Agreed but even missing 3 of their top 5 players (Sané, KDB, Silva) I would take their 11 over Arsenal’s quite easily.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I don't think the score really reflects the play. Could have been 2 or 3 for City.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Well, let's not act like this is Burnley at home here either. I don't think very highly of this Arsenal squad, but they've got plenty of expensive 'stars' playing who you would expect to perform in a home opener.
I don't think you realize how good City is.
This is the best Arsenal have looked against them in like 7 tries. The games last yr were the most lopsided I've seen vs. Arsenal.

Why isn't Torreira playing? They could use him out there.

Not fully match fit.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I mean, all the Arsenal fans have been banging the drum that they’re better, but their defense added negligible players.
They have some great attacking talent as everyone know, but they still haven't fixed the issues with the back half of their team. Maybe Torreira gives them a good boost, but I don't think he fixes all the problems.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
They definitely still have holes, but Torreira over Xhaka will do wonders for the defence. He's killing them out there.

Obviously having Emery instead of Wenger will benefit them as well, but the results might not be as immediately tangible as significant roster upgrades would be.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I don’t get why Laca didn’t start. Also Laporte coming a bit close to a headbutt there although I think it’s nothing.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Watching the 1st round and City right now I realize I need to find more time for these games this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad