GWT: Premier League Round 1

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Guendouzi has no defensive acumen at all, but he's kind good on the ball so people overrates him.

He seems to be all over the pitch (although that just might be him standing out with his stupid hair) so I will give him credit for that but he doesn't seem to do anything positive when he gets there.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
While Guendouzi has been pretty bad, I also have to cut him some slack and put some blame on Emery for even starting him. He's 19 and was playing in Ligue 2 last year, and he's expected to carry the midfield against City in his first EPL game?

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
He seems to be all over the pitch (although that just might be him standing out with his stupid hair) so I will give him credit for that but he doesn't seem to do anything positive when he gets there.

I like him on the ball, but defensively the kid is a disaster. He's still 19 so there's lot of time to improve it.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Is Leno better with his feet than Cech? If not, this might be a long season of trying to play it out from the back for Arsenal fans.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Only watched the 2nd half but Lacazzette looks quite good, the rest of Arsenal team meh.

Good game by Liverpool today, Keita was really really good.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Title is clearly down to Liverpool and City. For me the difference won't so much be head-to-head, where I personally give Liverpool the edge, but rather in the other fixtures where Liverpool struggled at times last season. I think that'll change this season, but time will tell. Either way they're both head and shoulders above the rest of the league.

Like I said, tough to give a verdict on Arsenal based on this match, but the signs don't look good:

• Squad hasn't been improved enough. I think they need a sizable enough overhaul still.
  • Sanchez-Mkhitaryan swap in the long run doesn't do much for them.
  • They lack a real leader. You could say Lichtsteiner was leading by example to a degree, but nobody out there to pick them up.
  • Lacazette while not perfect should be playing regularly.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
I liked the way Lichtsteiner looked, and Lacazette was bright, but Ozil was bad today.
Mhki was uninfluential...Ramsey was also disappointing.

Torreira needs to start over Xhaka, and Lacazette needs to start over Ramsey up front, while Ramsey plays in place of Guendouzi.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Is this City or City B team?

If you’re going to get them, this is the week to do it.

It's clearly a mix of the ideal XI and the squad players. Either way their squad players can play with just about every other team in the league.

I said that yesterday. Still it sounds like City have had a good preseason themselves and Guardiola knows how he has to motivate his side after winning the title last season.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad