8:30am - Southampton vs Burnley - NBC Gold
11am - Arsenal vs City - NBCSN

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
United Starting XI:

DkQbv6SW4AAXCws.jpg

Cool to see Pereira get the start.

And for all the "Pogba wants out" stuff, he's wearing the armband today.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
It's instances like that that should not be a penalty. Completely harmless handling of the ball. Stupid by the Leicester player but it didn't stop a goalscoring opportunity (I know that's not the rule, but it should be). Indirect free kick in the box should be used more often IMO.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
It's instances like that that should not be a penalty. Completely harmless handling of the ball. Stupid by the Leicester player but it didn't stop a goalscoring opportunity (I know that's not the rule, but it should be).

I wouldn't hate that rule change. But yea, as written it's a clear pen.

Although if you're changing that you'd also have to change all fouls to be judgement calls and that's likely opening a huge can of worms.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Pogba apparently didn't need time on the bench because of WC. He did finish later than Lukaku and Vardy. And he probably celebrated longer too :sarcasm:

Reactions: Gecklund

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I wouldn't hate that rule change. But yea, as written it's a clear pen.

Although if you're changing that you'd also have to change all fouls to be judgement calls and that's likely opening a huge can of worms.
I know, and I agree it's a pen as the rule is now. My issue is that something like that he was under almost no pressure, the ball was going away from net, and it almost looked like a reflexive twitch off his arm. I expect United will probably win anyway but it seems just against the spirit of the handball rule.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad