GWT: Premier League: 4/1 - 4/2/2017

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Vardy's finish now... So many good goals today.

Leicester must have absolutely HATED Ranieri by the end. They look like champions again. I genuinely think Atleti have something to be worried about in the CL.

Sucks for them that they are just now getting hot, since I'm assuming they are going to sell everybody over the window.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Unfortunate result for Chelsea. They were the better team most of the game and had a lot of good chances. Costa just wasn't good enough today especially.

Mamadou Sakho was fantastic for Palace. Saved at least 5 goals himself.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Unfortunate result for Chelsea. They were the better team most of the game and had a lot of good chances. Costa just wasn't good enough today especially.

That last paragraph applies to almost every palace player to be fair.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

Shhhh :sarcasm:;)
Palace with yet another win. huge turnaround for them thanks to Liverpool.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
That last paragraph applies to almost every palace player to be fair.

Well yea a number of guys played quite well, but I though Sakho was especially great defensively compared to the rest. He really stood out back there today.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Pretty much. I think Jose realizes that too.

Mike Dean was beyond awful today though.

I just finished it on tape delay. The bit right at the end where Rooney and Fellaini got yellows was one of the dumbest things I've seen.

Rondon went to ground and then collected the ball with his hand. Should be a clear FK. Instead Dean lets a scrum form. During that Yacob comes in and throws a body check, again should be a clear free kick. Instead Dean stares at it all and only blew the whistle once Rooney reacted and tossed whoever it was to the ground.

That being said, 2 shots on target is pathetic, even against a parked bus.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I just finished it on tape delay. The bit right at the end where Rooney and Fellaini got yellows was one of the dumbest things I've seen.

Rondon went to ground and then collected the ball with his hand. Should be a clear FK. Instead Dean lets a scrum form. During that Yacob comes in and throws a body check, again should be a clear free kick. Instead Dean stares at it all and only blew the whistle once Rooney reacted and tossed whoever it was to the ground.

That being said, 2 shots on target is pathetic, even against a parked bus.

It was a perfectly parked buss though. Even with all the injured or suspended in, it would have been tough to get past it.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Shhhh :sarcasm:;)
Palace with yet another win. huge turnaround for them thanks to Liverpool.

Well Crystal has all the top 6 teams(Well not Chelsea) left to play so let's hope he is as brilliant as you make him to be. Would be good biz for Liverpool then

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think the title race might be on. I think it depends what happens in midweek. If Chelsea drops points to City and Spurs wins, Spurs will be within four or five.

Spurs have an easier run in than Chelsea. I'm also not sure this Chelsea team is as good as some of the results they got earlier in the season.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I think the title race might be on. I think it depends what happens in midweek. If Chelsea drops points to City and Spurs wins, Spurs will be within four or five.

Spurs have an easier run in than Chelsea. I'm also not sure this Chelsea team is as good as some of the results they got earlier in the season.

Don't think we have that much of a chance. I'd still be pretty ecstatic if we ended up 2nd.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
That was quite the miss on the penalty

Reminds me of my favourite soccer GIF.

Ramos.gif

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Mane left the stadium without crutches, so while he probably won't play Wednesday I don't expect he'll miss much time. Good news there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad