GWT: Premier League: 4/1 - 4/2/2017

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I think the title race might be on. I think it depends what happens in midweek. If Chelsea drops points to City and Spurs wins, Spurs will be within four or five.

Spurs have an easier run in than Chelsea. I'm also not sure this Chelsea team is as good as some of the results they got earlier in the season.

It's gonna be fun looking back at this post after Tottenham crashes and inevitably finishes behind Arsenal on the last matchday.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Look at the ****ing state of Sakho's hair. How can Big Sam countenance this?

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
That Southampton/Bournemouth game was fun.

Yea, we definitely saw two types of 0-0 draws today.

United/WBA was the nil-nil draw that people who hate soccer complain about. No real chances, just stale possession.

The So'ampton/Bournemouth game was the exact opposite. Even ignoring the penalty, both teams wanted to try and play offense, they opened up and there were solid chances.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It's gonna be fun looking back at this post after Tottenham crashes and inevitably finishes behind Arsenal on the last matchday.

That would be some disappearing act. The way things look, I think the top 3 is locked in, might not be the current order it is, but locked in.

After that, I think the other three are battling for one spot with Liverpool having the advantage because they've already gotten their points, they don't have to rely on hypotheticals, if they will or won't pick up points.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
That would be some disappearing act. The way things look, I think the top 3 is locked in, might not be the current order it is, but locked in.

After that, I think the other three are battling for one spot with Liverpool having the advantage because they've already gotten their points, they don't have to rely on hypotheticals, if they will or won't pick up points.

Arsenal and United also have to play the top six many times, including a game against each other.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Arsenal and United also have to play the top six many times, including a game against each other.

Yea I don't see United catching up. If they 100% focused on it, I think they could, but I'd say focus is going to be on the EL.

As far as Arsenal, I just don't buy it. They look like a train wreck, and I'd be surprised if they turned it around enough. Theoretically if they win out they're equal to United and Liverpool, but that's a big if.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Robertson's run
knuckle.jpg

The finish
knuckle.jpg

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Cahill hasn't been good recently

Having lapses.

Would like to see Zouma get a game.

edit: just seeing now that we haven't kept a clean sheet in our past 7 league games.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Arsenal ties it up, City goes right back ahead.

Both back lines are so porous here, pretty sad how guys are just walking right through them.

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
Coquelin-Xhaka-Ozil are so awful.

Sanchez...pls run at Navas he's on Yellow....

Wenger OUT

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
On that corner I think Otamendi was the only Coty defender actually moving, and he lost his man. The rest were absolutely rooted in place just watching the ball flaot in.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
On that corner I think Otamendi was the only Coty defender actually moving, and he lost his man. The rest were absolutely rooted in place just watching the ball flaot in.

When you look at what they paid for this defense, it's really shocking how bad it is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad