GWT: Premier League: 4/1 - 4/2/2017

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
So old, "should be fired", "antique tactician" Wenger draws master genius Guardiola who has a more expensive and better team. :)

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Arsenal only has 4 points in the league the last two months and lost to the likes of Watford and West Brom. So indeed drawing Manchester City is something to be proud of.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Probably the ideal result over either of them winning. Manchester City easily has the better team and was better in this match. They do have some large holes in the back end though.

mmk786

Mar 3, 2004
City sit on 1 goal leads like they have italian catenaccio defense of the 90s.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
They're really not, which is what people said before some orgasmed when Pep came to City and others claimed they would walk the league. I'd take everyone in Arsenal's back four over City's. Where it all goes to pot is that Arsenal only have one elite player ahead of those and they play so open that it leaves everyone else exposed.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
They're really not, which is what people said before some orgasmed when Pep came to City and others claimed they would walk the league. I'd take everyone in Arsenal's back four over City's. Where it all goes to pot is that Arsenal only have one elite player ahead of those and they play so open that it leaves everyone else exposed.

Excluding Kompany I think that every single player in the city defense needs replaced.

mmk786

Mar 3, 2004
City is also an unbalanced side, they dont have a true holding midfielder. Fernandinho plays there but his ideal position is further up the park. They had to bring Yaya in today to fill that space and he is well past his prime especially on the defensive side.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Not in fullback positions, both clichy and navas are sub-par.

And Otamendi, Stones and Caballero......

They might be stacked, but when you haven´t got a solid defence the rest of the team suffers as well. Nothing new for City though. For years they were great when Kompany was properly match fit and inconsistent when he wasn´t.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
City is also an unbalanced side, they dont have a true holding midfielder. Fernandinho plays there but his ideal position is further up the park. They had to bring Yaya in today to fill that space and he is well past his prime especially on the defensive side.

I think Stones to the 6 and Sterling to LB need to happen soon.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I'm not sure..

Manchester City are stacked everywhere.

They're really not though. Not at fullback. Not at CB. CM lacks quality depth. DM could be better. City have an expensive squad and there is some excellent quality, but there's a still a ton of room to improve on that side.

Come on... Arsenal has Ozil, Sanchez, Bellerin and Koscielny who are good enough for City. And Koscielny left early.

If by being good enough for City you mean the potential to start, then yes, all of those players. Monreal as well. That's not to mention Ramsey as a possibility. City at full strength is better, but that wasn't the case here. No Kompany, no Jesus and no Gundogan.

mmk786

Mar 3, 2004
And Otamendi, Stones and Caballero......

They might be stacked, but when you haven´t got a solid defence the rest of the team suffers as well. Nothing new for City though. For years they were great when Kompany was properly match fit and inconsistent when he wasn´t.
I actually like Stones. People get on him for his big price tag but thats not his fault and it doesnt help when he has to play next to Otamendi (everything is a slide tackle) or Kolarov.

Stones could play for a mid table defensive side and win plaudits every week. Not easy to play for city when you are up the pitch with acres of space behind you and a midfield that doesnt like to close the opponent down.

mmk786

Mar 3, 2004
I think Stones to the 6 and Sterling to LB need to happen soon.
I wouldnt trust Sterling to control the ball that close to his own goal. His first touch is shocking, everything else is good but that first touch lets him down so many times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad