Premier League 2019-20 part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
No they should ignore it like tough men in the 60s did. Or something like that lol

When someone says that, like I read all the time on this website from the likes of Big Phil, I can tell that guys like that who pretend to be old weren't even alive in the 1960s. Cause see, the way I understand how the 1960s work because people who were adults back then have told me so, when someone said something mean about someone else and that other person heard it, they would walk up to the other person and beat the brains out of them. Clearly this is a much more efficient way to make society work, but over here in the real world in 2020, everyone isn't sociopaths and people expect to be treated normally by each other.

Reactions: Cassano

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
He and the group wasn't in trouble because of a joke, it was because they were belligerent drunks and they were doing other rowdy behavior that night too. If a group got publicly drunk and stripped in public and slide down a bowling alley, they'd be fined today too.

If you want to use this incident, at least understand it.

I understand the incident perfectly, thanks. The point is that both actions are unprofessional.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
The whole pretending to not understand act has been stupid as shit on here.

Alli's actions are blatant racism and if you can't see that, well that says a lot about yourself.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
The whole pretending to not understand act has been stupid as shit on here.

Alli's actions are blatant racism and if you can't see that, well that says a lot about yourself.
I'd say Alli was more distasteful, but the racist behavior around the coronavirus are people that explicitly say the Chinese are inherently dirty and they are the reason disease spread. I've seen plenty of that out there and Alli's video isn't close to that.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Hopefully he will get at least 3 games. Been crap again after two good weeks with Mourinho.

Next question - how much better is the PL than La Liga now?

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Is it better yet? Last year I’d say it was but this year not so much.

I wasn't really being serious- just trying to get the thread away from racism. Probably racist of me to say that one league is better than the other :DD

I do believe City and Liverpool are better than RM and Barcelona though. So it was partly inspired by last night's result - even if RM obviously still could go through and Liverpool lose to AM.

Reactions: The Abusement Park

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Now that the Premier League is getting a hall of fame, I thought I would run through some of the best candidates for different clubs. Only retired players are elgible:

Arsenal - Henry, Bergkamp and Vieira
Man Utd - Giggs, Scholes and Schmeichel
Chelsea - Terry, Lampard and Drogba
Liverpool - Gerrard, Carragher and Fowler

And the less glamorous
Spurs - Pavlyuchenko, Kranjcar and Crouch
Man City - Andreas Isaksson, Darius Vasell and Michael Johnson

Last edited:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Kompany and Rooney are not retired. Van De Sar isn’t going in there before Schmeichel, Cech or Seaman in my opinion but he is a decent option.
Na they're retired... and Van der Sar deserves to be there. Doesnt matter what order.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Assuming it's PL era only, here are the options United:

Cole
Schmeichel
Beckham
Scholes
Giggs
Keane

Rooney obviously once he retires.

I'd say Ronaldo too simply for how good he was during the shortish time he was in the PL.

Reactions: Gecklund

AB13

Apr 29, 2019

Cole
Schmeichel
Beckham
Scholes
Giggs
Keane

I'd say Ronaldo too simply for how good he was during the shortish time he was in the PL.

No Vidic or Ferdinand?

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic

Cole
Schmeichel
Beckham
Scholes
Giggs
Keane

Might be a homer take but I'll throw Carrick into the mix.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Might be a homer take but I'll throw Carrick into the mix.
I don't think Carrick will whether that's right or wrong. His play style isn't really accepted by traditional English football and he was always criminally overlooked throughout his career.

Vidic and Ferdinand should get in as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad