Premier League 2019-20 part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Guardiola doesn't have an ego? To me it is so big you don't see it any longer. Not that I hold that against him. Humility is good in general, but in sports you got to have some of that good arrogance/ego. It doesn't help you as a manager if you fear the other manager is better than you so...

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Billy Gilmour has been officially promoted to the senior squad for Chelsea.
Well deserved. Has really impressed in his appearances. He's the type of player that suits the way the midfield game is going. Kante, Kovacic, RLC, and Gilmour bring the tempo and aggressiveness that you need these days to quickly transition the ball.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
r80p9l2zzog41.png

Reactions: Havre

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I mean, they should beat Real.

But I think Liverpool running away with it, and a crash out of the CL would lead him to look longingly at another job.
Should? Funny how contrasting opinions are. Few weeks ago Madrid were going to thrash them according to some fans.

reality it will be a tightly contested game. I still think city takes it tho.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Assuming I'm reading that correctly, it's pretty obvious why City and Liverpool are the top 2 teams.
If Burnley could score they might be doing better than they are. I was most surprised by how high up the pitch they do most of their defending.

Sheffield isn't surprising considering how stingy defensively that team is. They just work and work for 90 minutes to suffocate attacks.

Reactions: bleedblue1223

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I don’t think you can say the sport. I think you can say fans but the sport no. There’s a reason Mou still gets jobs.
There also isn't a valid reason why a guy like Blanc hasn't gotten a job in 5 f***ing years. Mind blowing.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Should? Funny how contrasting opinions are. Few weeks ago Madrid were going to thrash them according to some fans.

Will Laporte be playing? If so, that will heavily influence who I believe wins the tie.

Man City can't play defense without him.

Last edited:

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland

If Laporte is fit, and with a break, I think Pep has enough time to plan it out to beat Real.

I think they rightly should beat them. Doesn't mean they will.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Will Laporte be playing? If so, that will heavily influence who I believe wins the tie.

Man City can't play defense without him.

If Laporte is fit, and with a break, I think Pep has enough time to plan it out to beat Real.

I think they rightly should beat them. Doesn't mean they will.

Agreed, he has played since his big injury. Has he sustained another one or relapsed? madrid arent world beaters they have their own issues both teams do. I think City can win but we'll see.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
He played 78 minutes against Sheffield on 1/21 but hasn't been in the squad for the next 3 games.

I haven't heard anything about him having a setback though.
I think if he's fit its 55/45 in favor of City, otherwise 80/20 in favor of Madrid.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Assuming I'm reading that correctly, it's pretty obvious why City and Liverpool are the top 2 teams.
Also makes sense with Chelsea. Their defense is so porous that there aren't any defensive actions to passes in their own third.

Makes sense with Arsenal too. We can't get the ball in the other half enough to actually play defense over there.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Also makes sense with Chelsea. Their defense is so porous that there aren't any defensive actions to passes in their own third.

Makes sense with Arsenal too. We can't get the ball in the other half enough to actually play defense over there.
Yeah, I was going to make a joke about how Kepa doesn't actually do anything in the box, so that's why it's blue lol.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Yeah, I was going to make a joke about how Kepa doesn't actually do anything in the box, so that's why it's blue lol.
It makes sense for Chelsea as well because our midfielders and attacking players press very well and cause a lot of turnovers high up the pitch. Problem with Chelsea is if teams get a break on us our weak defense just folds and Kepa can't make a save.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
It makes sense for Chelsea as well because our midfielders and attacking players press very well and cause a lot of turnovers high up the pitch. Problem with Chelsea is if teams get a break on us our weak defense just folds and Kepa can't make a save.
Yeah this is really what I meant but as an Arsenal fan, I had to throw in some banter

Havre

Jul 24, 2011

Thanks. Really cool. I remember when Spurs pressed high......

Not that I believe the high press is the only way to go. As with everything else when it comes to tactics I think we will see that change again.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Also, to press high you need the players that can do it. I've seen Arsenal players try to press high but I generally just preventively :facepalm:

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Also, to press high you need the players that can do it. I've seen Arsenal players try to press high but I generally just preventively :facepalm:
Yet both Burnley and Sheffield manage to do it with their budget squads...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad