Premier League 2019-20 part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

He also has the worst squad of the 4. They actually need to give him time, because he does seem to have a good long term plan in mind for the team, as well as really trying to change the culture of the club. I mean results obviously matter, but we gotta complete a rebuild at some point and Ole seems to be up for it and get that it needs to happen.

Reactions: Aladyyn

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
because he's a City fan who is wasting massive amounts of time writing article length **** posts masquerading as analysis.

So what if i'm a City fan. I'm also a football super fan, who follows tons of football and tons of different teams/leagues.
Why should i hate teams just because?. I'd rather face the best possible United, beat them silly, fair and square.
- this so called Manchester United isn't the same Manchester United what once was, that was created by the greatest
football manager ever; sir Alex Ferguson.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
He also has the worst squad of the 4. They actually need to give him time, because he does seem to have a good long term plan in mind for the team, as well as really trying to change the culture of the club. I mean results obviously matter, but we gotta complete a rebuild at some point and Ole seems to be up for it and get that it needs to happen.

All good points but Ole doesn’t look like a good manager thus far.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY

I'm not super convinced at his coaching chops. I do like his vision for the team and willingness to commit to youth though.

Signing so far seem good at least in the sense of focusing on players with potential who can grow.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Ole is not far off. They are a Christian Eriksen away from guaranteed top 4 I think.

They play extremely well on the counter, but need another piece to unlock parked busses.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
All good points but Ole doesn’t look like a good manager thus far.

I said results obviously matter, and I’m still of the opinion he was hired too early. But I think he’s the right guy for the next couple of years because he can get rid of some of the rot inside the club since he’s a well respected former player, and will actually target the right age group of players.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I'm not super convinced at his coaching chops. I do like his vision for the team and willingness to commit to youth though.

Signing so far seem good at least in the sense of focusing on players with potential who can grow.

Yeah I have my doubts about him and why he was hired.

But I would much rather go with youth, and deal with the struggles than what they were doing - gluing together a roster and trying to slap together a top 4 season for $$$$.

If they play kids mostly and finish 8th - oh well. Rather that than another season of gunning for 4th, finishing 6th with decent players on superstar wages, clearly just collecting a paycheck.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I said results obviously matter, and I’m still of the opinion he was hired too early. But I think he’s the right guy for the next couple of years because he can get rid of some of the rot inside the club since he’s a well respected former player, and will actually target the right age group of players.

The last point is the most vital.

With the players they're targeting and bringing up more of the youth (Greenwood so far, gotta figure Chong and Gomes are gonna get a few minutes this year too) even if Ole flames out in a year or two, United will still have players they can build on moving forward instead of being stuck with guys who they either need to eat at a loss or will struggle to sell.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I'm not even talking about results... right now there's not too much to suggest he's a good coach.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Very much looking forward to Group F, but besides that looks like it's going to be a very boring group stage.

It's so disappointing that scrub teams like Lille, Red Star, and Valencia make the CL while the mighty Arsenal are stuck with even more scrub teams from Kosovo, Norway, and Greenland. PL should honestly have the top 6 always make the CL.

Like Sparta Praha won't score more than two goals in their group stage, you telling me they have a better right to be there over us who would actually beat teams like Barca and Inter?

Last edited:
Reactions: AB13 and Cassano

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Very much looking forward to Group F, but besides that looks like it's going to be a very boring group stage.

It's so disappointing that scrub teams like Lille, Red Star, and Valencia make the CL while the mighty Arsenal are stuck with even more scrub teams from Kosovo, Norway, and Greenland. PL should honestly have the top 6 always make the CL.

Like Sparta Praha won't score more than two goals in their group stage, you telling me they have a better right to be their over us who would actually beat teams like Barca and Inter?

Yes, because its a competition for UEFA not EPL has beens.and no you wouldn't beat Barca.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Yes, because its a competition for UEFA not EPL has beens.and no you wouldn't beat Barca.
We beat you lot with a worse manager and team, true you did beat us on the reverse fixture at Camp Nou. It is what it is though. The top 6 in the EPL has always been good teams, doubting it shows your bias-ness towards English football that you hate.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic

Like Sparta Praha won't score more than two goals in their group stage, you telling me they have a better right to be their over us who would actually beat teams like Barca and Inter?
Who?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Bad post. Slavia Prague were the champions of something and your sorry team didn’t win anything. No right to complain about who made the CL.
Finishing fourth in the EPL is more of a successful accomplishment than finishing 1st in the Suisse league or Czechia league or the Croatian league...

A team that's not even worth getting correct, obviously.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

Scrub teams do a better job of bunkering up and keeping the game close vs. Liverpool than Arsenal did last weekend. Not sure there's a high ground for you there chap.

Aladyyn

Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Finishing fourth in the EPL is more of a successful accomplishment than finishing 1st in the Suisse league or Czechia league or the Croatian league...

A team that's not even worth getting correct, obviously.
Your team lost 4-1 to Chelsea in the EL lmfao shut up

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Scrub teams do a better job of bunkering up and keeping the game close vs. Liverpool than Arsenal did last weekend. Not sure there's a high ground for you there chap.
So what you're saying is that you appreciate lower teams playing terrible/low energy Mourinhoball?

Your team lost 4-1 to Chelsea in the EL lmfao shut up
A fluke game in the middle of a wasteland where the game was played like at 22:00 at night and the team showed up like 30 minutes before it started due to traffic. I put that loss more on UEFA's corruption than Arsenal being a BK.

I would hope your club finds your way to our tournament, but I wouldn't be surprised if your GD is in the double digits...negatively.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
We beat you lot with a worse manager and team, true you did beat us on the reverse fixture at Camp Nou. It is what it is though. The top 6 in the EPL has always been good teams, doubting it shows your bias-ness towards English football that you hate.

When did Arsenal beat Barca?

And no its not bias and I don't hate EPL and I hate their arrogant/ignorant fans. Never said the top 6 weren't good teams.

Aladyyn

Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
So what you're saying is that you appreciate lower teams playing terrible/low energy Mourinhoball?

A fluke game in the middle of a wasteland where the game was played like at 22:00 at night and the team showed up like 30 minutes before it started due to traffic. I put that loss more on UEFA's corruption than Arsenal being being a BK.

I would hope your club finds your way to our tournament, but I wouldn't be surprised if your GD is in the double digits...negatively.
Of course, a fluke. I guess finishing 5th in the league was also a fluke? Always some excuse.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

That isnt what the competition is about. If you wanna see your team in competitions they maybe be able to compete and win in theres the Carbou cup and the FA cup. CL is for UEFA not English teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad