Premier League 2019-20 part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I think Maitland-Niles has deserved the right to keep his spot. I have not watched all Arsenal games but the past few years in the games of Arsenal vs Liverpool, I always see Maitland-Niles threatening and Bellerin dissapointing. Could be coincidence, though.
Not total coincidence, Bellerin was pretty awful for the past two years until last season where he was holding our defense until it imploded after his injury.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I think you need to rewatch him Mr. Geoff because Bellerin is night and day the better player and it isn't even close. I love me some Niles, but he simply doesn't have the strengths to consistently play at the wing-back. His strengths lie when players are around him and not on just one side of the pitch where a RB is forced to play in. Bellerin isn't very good on the defensive side, but he blows a lot of RB's out of the water when it comes to generating plays and chances, he's a lite-Marcelo and I say this as not the biggest fan of Bellerin.

The stats might say AMN is better than Wan-Bissaka, but the eye test clearly tells a different situation.
Like I said, I take Arsenal fans word over this subject, Bellerin over Niles. Just my opinion based on the very little view I have on them.

Reactions: S E P H

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I think you need to rewatch him Mr. Geoff because Bellerin is night and day the better player and it isn't even close. I love me some Niles, but he simply doesn't have the strengths to consistently play at the wing-back. His strengths lie when players are around him and not on just one side of the pitch where a RB is forced to play in. Bellerin isn't very good on the defensive side, but he blows a lot of RB's out of the water when it comes to generating plays and chances, he's a lite-Marcelo and I say this as not the biggest fan of Bellerin.

The stats might say AMN is better than Wan-Bissaka, but the eye test clearly tells a different situation.

Well the stats are based on 3 games so it's literally the case of 1-2 events being made to look like they're more meaningful.

Reactions: S E P H

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
I think Pogba looks uninterested and clearly wants to leave. Playing way below his standards so far. Yeah, James is a pretty interesting player. Didn't expect him to contribute with goals from the start for United, but he has. Still i do feel that he lacks so much overall in his game. In many ways he's still a Championship player taking a lot of dumb decisions out there. Rashford mediocre at best.
Uninterested isn't a word I'd use to describe Pogba so far this season. Frustrated, sure. Overwhelmed, maybe.

Reactions: Gecklund

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Well you’re wrong about Pogba and Rashford. Look an Arsenal fan who has no idea what he’s talking about. You, AB, and Seph form the trifecta of **** talkers.
I'm not a **** talker, I post hot-takes and I admit to that. Doesn't mean I've been wrong many times though.

Well the stats are based on 3 games so it's literally the case of 1-2 events being made to look like they're more meaningful.
Yeah like those weird footballs stats where they take a second end of a season and the first end of the current season and make a random point for something that's beyond random? I think Spurs were the last target of this type of incompetence. Doesn't mean that they're not getting overrated thought by other EPL fanbases.

Reactions: AB13

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I'm not a **** talker, I post hot-takes and I admit to that. Doesn't mean I've been wrong many times though.

Hot takes often come off as shit talking because usually your hottakes are talking shit on another side.
He should stay at RB because he is better than the first choice with a ruptured ACL.

I don't agree with this, but I imagine he'll get a lot of time there working Bellerin back from injury.
There's more than 2. You're unlucky to share a club with them, sorry.

I'll grant you 3, but other teams have plenty of crazy posters, too. Arsenal is the only one where everyone decides to fire back and that derails the threads. As I posted elsewhere, countertrolling is remarkably ineffective.
More teams should look at quick, creative midfielders and converting them to fullbacks especially with how the game is evolving.

Yes and no. Defending is still important, as is the middle of the pitch. It's a balance. On teams that retain possession continually, then yes, that should at least be an option.
I think Maitland-Niles has deserved the right to keep his spot. I have not watched all Arsenal games but the past few years in the games of Arsenal vs Liverpool, I always see Maitland-Niles threatening and Bellerin dissapointing. Could be coincidence, though.

It is a coincidence and Bellerin has dealt with much shakier centerback pairings, which is telling given how shaky Luiz/Sokratis was against Liverpool.
Well you’re wrong about Pogba and Rashford. Look an Arsenal fan who has no idea what he’s talking about. You, AB, and Seph form the trifecta of **** talkers.

And look, we found the three mentioned above. I haven't watched that many United games (I've been on vacation the entire season thus far), but saying they've had one good player seems wrong.
Not total coincidence, Bellerin was pretty awful for the past two years until last season where he was holding our defense until it imploded after his injury.

Yeah, Bellerin looks bad in part because he's always forward, but the team couldn't handle that and so his side seemed open. Plus he didn't have anyone to work with on the right side, so that didn't help. Those issues should both be better when he returns, although his play will now be questionable (in the sense that we don't know what to expect, not that it'll be necessarily poor).

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Hot takes often come off as **** talking because usually your hottakes are talking **** on another side.
I've bashed Arsenal a ton the past two years or so, I've called us irrelevant for large portions during Wenger's last three season including Emery's first.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I’m not going to quote your whole post but I’d say that all of their players have had moments of brilliance (except Lingard). The players that have been consistently good are Maguire/Lindelof/AWB/Pogba/Rashford/Martial. The rest aren’t good enough for United (yet) or in DDG’s case have very high expectations. I actually think DDG has been pretty good but relative to his WC potential hasn’t been great.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I’m not going to quote your whole post but I’d say that all of their players have had moments of brilliance (except Lingard). The players that have been consistently good are Maguire/Lindelof/AWB/Pogba/Rashford/Martial. The rest aren’t good enough for United (yet) or in DDG’s case have very high expectations. I actually think DDG has been pretty good but relative to his WC potential hasn’t been great.

He’s been good this year bar that second CP goal. Pretty bad from him there.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
The De Gea mistake on Palace's second goal felt a little like his mistakes last year. Seemed like he didn't have his mind in the game 100%. Or maybe he just was mentally off since he had already checked out for the game assuming United was gonna keep possession and Palace was gonna completely bus park.

Maguire I don't recall a mistake of his. I wouldn't call Palace's first goal a mistake of his. He was out further wide left because Shaw was hobbled so he had to take control of half the field. The mistake was Lindelof's in stepping up when he had no cover from his partner or AWB.

Reactions: Venkman

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
The De Gea mistake on Palace's second goal felt a little like his mistakes last year. Seemed like he didn't have his mind in the game 100%. Or maybe he just was mentally off since he had already checked out for the game assuming United was gonna keep possession and Palace was gonna completely bus park.

Maguire I don't recall a mistake of his. I wouldn't call Palace's first goal a mistake of his. He was out further wide left because Shaw was hobbled so he had to take control of half the field. The mistake was Lindelof's in stepping up when he had no cover from his partner or AWB.
Losing points because of individual mistakes shouldn't be on Ole, right?

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Losing points because of individual mistakes shouldn't be on Ole, right?

No, but there's enough other things that have been subpar.

He waited about 25 minutes too long to make subs against Wolves and he set up the Palace game like it was going to be an open game as opposed to Palace playing a defensive game and hitting on the counter.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
I don't agree with this, but I imagine he'll get a lot of time there working Bellerin back from injury.

It is a coincidence and Bellerin has dealt with much shakier centerback pairings, which is telling given how shaky Luiz/Sokratis was against Liverpool.

Yeah, Bellerin looks bad in part because he's always forward, but the team couldn't handle that and so his side seemed open. Plus he didn't have anyone to work with on the right side, so that didn't help. Those issues should both be better when he returns, although his play will now be questionable (in the sense that we don't know what to expect, not that it'll be necessarily poor).

I do think that AMN has played RB at a high enough level to challenge Bellerin, but I also think that Bellerin is the better player. Though AMN has looked better at dribbling past defenders 1-on-1 and creating a crossing opportunity for himself. Bellerin looked to have lost some of that ability since he first broke through, maybe due to some confidence issues at times over the last 2 seasons.

Hopefully the competition will be good for them both.

Say Hey Kid

it's better to burn out than to fade awa
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
11:30 AM ET 9/22 on NBCSN: Chelsea @ Liverpool will be a tough match for the Blues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->