Premier League 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
David Silva - Fernandinho - Gundogan/Bernardo will be just fine. Probably still the best midfield in the league actually.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Eh...I think they'll drop points even if they have great depth. Nobody opens up the field for City the way KdB does.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
I don't think you could ever say losing your best player won't effect things -it certainly does; whether or not another club in the Prem is good enough to do something about it remains to be seen.

It may end up making a bigger difference for City in the CL, than domestically.

Reactions: KJS14

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
They're obviously not going to be as good as with KdB, but it's not as if they have to hit 100pts again this season to win the title. They have the depth to handle something like this.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
So apparently Arsenal’s first team played against Crystal Palace’s first team on Monday where Emery conducted the same tactics and they won 4-0

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
So apparently Arsenal’s first team played against Crystal Palace’s first team on Monday where Emery conducted the same tactics and they won 4-0
The report is that it was against Crystal Palace's back up players, not their first team.
According to their report, the match took place on Monday at London Colney. It involved the Arsenal first team playing against Crystal Palace players who didn’t take part in their win at the weekend. The Gunners apparently won the match 4-0.
Despite some Arsenal fan doubts about the story, you can see why Arsenal would want to play a friendly like this. You want the chance to test your methods out against different teams, and it’s a good way to build confidence in the game plan.
Perhaps more importantly, it will help both teams build fitness. Palace need their back up players getting as much match practice as possible, and the same is true for Arsenal.

Reactions: S E P H

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Let’s remember KDB won’t be out the whole season. They’ll still handle the teams they should. Dropping a few points here and there won’t really matter in the grand scheme.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I'll be looking forward to rereading this thread half way through the season.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
David Silva - Fernandinho - Gundogan/Bernardo will be just fine. Probably still the best midfield in the league actually.

I would stay a far away from Gundogan thou, he was trash vs Arsenal, Bernardo Silva should play the wing position
he and Mahrez should play turns for that spot. Foden is my #1 choice, dude was crazy good in the preseason and the chemistry
between him and Aguero....amazing!. Foden has taken giant steps forwards, dude is so ready if only Pep will give him the chance
and i think he will, Gundogan shouldn't be in the starting 11 anymore, last match showed that, he is still quality sub thou.

Sterling - Aguero - Mahrez

David Silva - Fernandinho - Foden

Sub for Mahrez; Bernardo Silva
Sub for Aguero; Gabriel Jesus
Sub for Foden; Gundogan

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
We will see. Their worst 12 games last year still got them 26 pts. They will drop more than 10 pts in the next 12 matches.

No they wont, have you looked at their next 12 matches?
- even without DeBruine, City is a huge favorite in most of them

(H) Huddersfield, big number Man City win is expected
(A) Wolverhampton, big number Man City win is expected
(H) Newcastle, easy Man City win is expected
(H) Fulham, big number Man City win expected
(A) Cardiff, big number Man City win is expected
(H) Brighton, big number Man City win is expected
(A) Liverpool, the first real test for City squad, i don't think
last years result will occur, tough match but,2-1 win for us
(H) Burnley, they have given headache to big clubs in the past
but i don't think this is the case this time, at least 2 goal Man City W
(A) Tottenham, i see this a draw, unfortunately, Kane,Alli, Eriksen,...
(H) Southampton, big number Man City win is expected
(H) Man Utd, i'd wish United was more of a challenge these days,
would make these derby matches at least more interesting,
easy Man City win is expected

(A) West Ham, this is going to be very emotional for both,
to the players, fans and to Pellegrini, Man City win
shouldn't be a problem, although i wouldn't mind
a draw here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events