Premier League 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

No they wont, have you looked at their next 12 matches?
- even without DeBruine, City is a huge favorite in most of them

(H) Huddersfield, big number Man City win is expected
(A) Wolverhampton, big number Man City win is expected
(H) Newcastle, easy Man City win is expected
(H) Fulham, big number Man City win expected
(A) Cardiff, big number Man City win is expected
(H) Brighton, big number Man City win is expected
(A) Liverpool, the first real test for City squad, i don't think
last years result will occur, tough match but,2-1 win for us
(H) Burnley, they have given headache to big clubs in the past
but i don't think this is the case this time, at least 2 goal Man City W
(A) Tottenham, i see this a draw, unfortunately, Kane,Alli, Eriksen,...
(H) Southampton, big number Man City win is expected
(H) Man Utd, i'd wish United was more of a challenge these days,
would make these derby matches at least more interesting,
easy Man City win is expected

(A) West Ham, this is going to be very emotional for both,
to the players, fans and to Pellegrini, Man City win
shouldn't be a problem, although i wouldn't mind
a draw here :)
That’s cute. Wolves will be a challenge. Fulham will be a challenge. Liverpool is a huge challenge. Burnley and Spurs will cause problems. Also cute how you think City will win against United easily. Last 3 games there was a single City win. City has gotten worse with the injury and United better. You’re highly underrating other teams.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
That’s cute. Wolves will be a challenge. Fulham will be a challenge. Liverpool is a huge challenge. Burnley and Spurs will cause problems. Also cute how you think City will win against United easily. Last 3 games there was a single City win. City has gotten worse with the injury and United better. You’re highly underrating other teams.

United better?

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
On paper Utd should be better, but I highly doubt they will be.

Last year they were grinding out results even when they weren't playing well. That is rarely sustainable longer term. Especially not for the top teams that can rarely afford to slip up.

I think they needed a bright start - now this reminds me a bit of Chelsea mkII. Not going to claim it will go that way with 100% certainty, but I would be pretty worried if I were a Utd-fan.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Still buzzing after the big Brighton win yesterday. I would tend to agree with a lot of the United fans on here, yesterday's result was bad, but it's only one game and I dont think it will define your season. I would like to thank you guys for having such a stinker against Brighton and not some other bottom table team.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Still buzzing after the big Brighton win yesterday. I would tend to agree with a lot of the United fans on here, yesterday's result was bad, but it's only one game and I dont think it will define your season. I would like to thank you guys for having such a stinker against Brighton and not some other bottom table team.

I don’t think that fame game will define our season. But it does define our team under Mourinho.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
If David Silva plays like he did today, they’re only going to struggle with Liverpool.

If by struggle you mean that it should be a very good game that could go either way, then yes. You'd think that they would have to slip up at some point just by pure chance, but it didn't really happen last season until they all but secured the title.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
If by struggle you mean that it should be a very good game that could go either way, then yes. You'd think that they would have to slip up at some point just by pure chance, but it didn't really happen last season until they all but secured the title.
Oh, I think they’re the favorite in any match they play in. But Liverpool give them the biggest test. Spurs as well, but Liverpool’s press and speed makes it tough

Reactions: KJS14

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Oh, I think they’re the favorite in any match they play in. But Liverpool give them the biggest test. Spurs as well, but Liverpool’s press and speed makes it tough

Liverpool definitely matches up the best to them, and I might even favor them against City. But City is built better to win a title over 38 games, whereas Liverpool should fare better in the CL imo.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I feel like Matic will stabilize the team a little bit. Maybe it’s just me but Fred was fine in possession. Just not as great defensively. Definitely an upgrade on Herrera. Also when Valencia comes back who is an upgrade on Young who is awful defensively.

He's not really. Valencia has made more defensive mistakes in the past couple of seasons and is less and less effective offensively. Valencia had only one assist last season where as Young had 7.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Keita has looked like the type of player that people expect Pogba to be so far.

Reactions: YNWA14

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Pogba in Klopp's system wouldn't look half bad either.

But yeah, this is the first full game I've seen of Keita , and I really liked him.

Reactions: YNWA14

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Pogba in Klopp's system wouldn't look half bad either.

But yeah, this is the first full game I've seen of Keita , and I really liked him.

I'd say Klopp vs Mourinho has the biggest effect of any individual factor tbh. Pogba is wasted at United.

Reactions: Il Mediano

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I still don't understand why Manchester United went after Alexis Sanchez?

They already had Martial who was blossoming. They unsettled Pogba with his wages and Sanchez is on the downfall of his career. They should have used that money for better use like wingback and centerback.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I don’t think that fame game will define our season. But it does define our team under Mourinho.

Yeah I would say change needs to happen. I love Dunk and Duffy in the middle but man they should be getting ripped to shreds by the tools within United. Bong scares me even more @ LB and even he only looked slightly lost and as old as 30.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018

Mourinho likes finished products , and Woodward thought he'd help commercially.

That's my guess anyway. Completely derailed their rhythm last season, though (as some predicted).

Not only does did he essentially bench/disrupt Martial , but he occupies a lot of the areas Pogba should be filling when Alexis runs around with the tactical nous of a paper bag in the wind.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Liverpool has 5 really good central midfielders. That doesnt include Ox or Lallana.

Phrasing it like that really understates the difference in quality between Keita/Fabinho and the rest. The other guys are still good, but not on that level.

They already had Martial who was blossoming. They unsettled Pogba with his wages and Sanchez is on the downfall of his career. They should have used that money for better use like wingback and centerback.

Sanchez was a top 5 player in the PL at Arsenal. He's undoubtedly a better player than Martial currently if he played in an offensive system. I don't think whether they could have improved more at the back came down to money being available.

Reactions: robertmac43

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Phrasing it like that really understates the difference in quality between Keita/Fabinho and the rest. The other guys are still good, but not on that level.

Keita maybe but Wijnaldum and Henderson are no slouches and there certainly isn't a massive gap. Wijnaldum especially is up there.

Lallana isn't that great but Ox is great especially for Klopp.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Man how can anyone mention our midfielders and not talk about Milner. Milner is better than every healthy one except Keita and Fabinho. His ability to run and run is incredible, he needs a new contract.

But that wasn't even a fantastic Keita performance so I'm looking forward to the reactions when that happens. No idea how teams missed the boat on him when he was taking trials in France.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad