Premier League 2017-2018

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Well, definitely if I'm a team that wants to offer big money for him, I'd kind of like to see that this season isn't just an anomaly too.

Sure, but not all clubs awash with money will necessarily take that view. That said, barring a notable transfer from another big club, I don't see it happening. Some of the club with money also being in the PL mean potential suitors for Salah are at the moment probably fewer than most would think.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I guess I just lean more towards what they’re going to say if Real comes in for him.

I completely agree anyone is always for sale, but I think you sit him down, give him a new wage and tell him you need another season out of him before he goes.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Poch says Toby will be included in the squad tomorrow.

Perfect excuse to drop Sanchez after that game.

Pochettino has already said before City that Alderweireld will be involved again. It kind of has to be for this game if he is to get a shot at getting his position back.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Stoke are likely down now, however they have three 'winnable' fixtures in their final 4 matches (Burnley home, Palace home, Swansea away...they still go to Anfield however). The only chance they have is winning these three matches. Not sure if the Liverpool match is sandwiched between their CL semi's either, which will only help but they still won't be likely to pick up points there

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Stoke are likely down now, however they have three 'winnable' fixtures in their final 4 matches (Burnley home, Palace home, Swansea away...they still go to Anfield however). The only chance they have is winning these three matches. Not sure if the Liverpool match is sandwiched between their CL semi's either, which will only help but they still won't be likely to pick up points there
It is. Liverpool isn't going to play anyone.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I'm curious to hear how Arsenal fans feel about Aubameyang so far and what their ideal line-up would be currently. Would you rather have Aubameyang or Lacazette leading the line? I thought I remembered hearing that Lacazette was better or something but Aubameyang has looked more dangerous than Lacazette ever did for Arsenal from what I've seen (small sample size). I know Arsene loves that 4-2-3-1 or 3-4-3 but maybe they'd be better off with a 2 striker system? Has Welbeck worked his way into the first XI recently? What is the outlook for next season? Just at a glance...

???
Bellerin - ??? - ??? - ???
Ramsey* - Elneny*
Mickey - Ozil - ???
Aubameyang​

Seems like a lot of holes to fill in one summer if they want to compete with the top 5 next season (Chelsea will probably have a bounceback like they normally do). Does Wenger stay? If nothing else they have 3 elite, or close to elite, players to build off of in Mkhitaryan, Ozil and Aubameyang.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
I'm curious to hear how Arsenal fans feel about Aubameyang so far and what their ideal line-up would be currently. Would you rather have Aubameyang or Lacazette leading the line? I thought I remembered hearing that Lacazette was better or something but Aubameyang has looked more dangerous than Lacazette ever did for Arsenal from what I've seen (small sample size). I know Arsene loves that 4-2-3-1 or 3-4-3 but maybe they'd be better off with a 2 striker system? Has Welbeck worked his way into the first XI recently? What is the outlook for next season? Just at a glance...

???
Ramsey* - Elneny*
Mickey - Ozil - ???
Aubameyang​

Seems like a lot of holes to fill in one summer if they want to compete with the top 5 next season (Chelsea will probably have a bounceback like they normally do). Does Wenger stay? If nothing else they have 3 elite, or close to elite, players to build off of in Mkhitaryan, Ozil and Aubameyang.

Mickey Ozil Auba
Laca

Laca looks better now after his knee surgery.

Arsenal are only in 6th place due to their away record. They're only 2 points behind Man City if you look at the home record table.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

???
Ramsey* - Elneny*
Mickey - Ozil - ???
Aubameyang​

Those three players you mentioned are probably at the end of their peak years, so it's gonna be tough to build around them for the long-haul

Wenger has been trying to shoe-horn Aubameyang on the left wing and put Lacazette as striker. I hate it so much.

As for defense and keeper, we need 2 new starting CBs and 2 new goalies as well Lol.

They insisted on David Luiz and Manolas in the Winter transfer window - so I wonder if they go back to that route again. Manolas probably priced himself out of here with his Barca performance and I think he's off to Utd. Maybe Chelsea sell us an aging Luiz since they have Zouma coming back from his Stoke loan.

Also Johnny Evans has a 3mil release clause when West Brom get relegated. He's been linked to Arsenal and Man City for years and maybe he prefers a move to Arsenal if he wants a starting role.

I think we finish 6th-8th place unless there's a coaching change regardless.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

Then add in the fact that he's tied for 9th most productive player in Europe this season (G+A, top 5 leagues):

Messi - 55
Salah - 53
Immobile - 50
Ronaldo - 48
Neymar - 48
Cavani - 44
Kane - 41
Lewandowski - 40
Suarez - 39/Griezmann - 39/Firmino - 39

What an absolute baller. He would be impossible to replace; they need to get him on a new contract ASAP.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto

Looks about right. I would've had Sane in there, but whatever. Aguero/Firmino is a toss-up.

Two horse race: De Bruyne and Salah. Honestly not sure which they'll end up going with.

Holy mother of god they need to fix this award. Lower the age limit.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Yeah not sure I'd call a near 25 year old a 'young player' relative to his peers but eh...Kane will win it.

Firmino not being on the TotY is pretty meh to me but I also thought it would be a 4-4-2.

DaphneLion

Apr 8, 2018
Pennsylvania
Hi all, I watch MLS soccer but want to start watching some decent soccer. How should one go about picking a Premier League team? Any recommendations?

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Hi all, I watch MLS soccer but want to start watching some decent soccer. How should one go about picking a Premier League team? Any recommendations?

With no good Americans in the league anymore you can't even pick by that. I made my pick based on the Fifa game, I always picked Tottenham. They weren't the best team to start but always had a ton of youth with high potential that you could grow into stars and sell for insane profits and them bring a new one up and repeat. They also had a good forward line with the likes of Berbatov, Keane and Bent.

Reactions: DaphneLion

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Go and watch your local team and support them, otherwise you end up indirectly contributing to atrocities like that Man City video above.

Reactions: YNWA14

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad