Premier League 2017-2018

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Yeah for real.. Sane and Rashford I can understand being there, but Ederson and Kane are what? 24? 25? No way they should be on that list.

Exactly. I hope that they do the same as they did last year and specifically give it to one of the actual young guys. Kane was nominated last year as well (and had a better season than Alli) but they gave it to the actually young player. Same as when Kane won it - he beat out Hazard, who won POTY. I'd bet on Sane winning.

Reactions: The Abusement Park

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Exactly. I hope that they do the same as they did last year and specifically give it to one of the actual young guys. Kane was nominated last year as well (and had a better season than Alli) but they gave it to the actually young player. Same as when Kane won it - he beat out Hazard, who won POTY. I'd bet on Sane winning.

And Sane should win it IMO.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Seems odd that they would have Sane on the shortlist for PFA player of the year over Aguero, but then Aguero is in the PFA team of the year over Sane, no? Doesn't really make sense in terms of continuity, unless they are considering Sane a midfielder rather than a forward.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Aguero got in because he won his place via lifetime achievement award.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Salah won Player of the Year.

edit: the person, who was verified, went ahead and deleted their tweet.

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Both deserved.
Not really, Salah started off the season quite terrible and KDB was on his way to winning the Ballon d'Or. Eventually somewhere right before the mid-half point of the season started they switched production and Salah came out as a beast. It's more about "what have you done for me lately" instead of who is actually the best player in the EPL.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Not really, Salah started off the season quite terrible and KDB was on his way to winning the Ballon d'Or. Eventually somewhere right before the mid-half point of the season started they switched production and Salah came out as a beast. It's more about "what have you done for me lately" instead of who is actually the best player in the EPL.
Salah started off the season scoring against Watford and then being the MotM in a 4 - 0 destruction of Arsenal. On top of which he only went more than 1 game without scoring once all season (and it was only 2 games). He set the record for most games scored in, and has time on his side in setting the record for most goals in a 38 game season period. It's not really a tale of two halves. I could see making a case for KdB, but to say that Salah 'didn't really' deserve the award is pretty silly.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Salah started off the season scoring against Watford and then being the MotM in a 4 - 0 destruction of Arsenal. On top of which he only went more than 1 game without scoring once all season (and it was only 2 games). He set the record for most games scored in, and has time on his side in setting the record for most goals in a 38 game season period. It's not really a tale of two halves. I could see making a case for KdB, but to say that Salah 'didn't really' deserve the award is pretty silly.

He said that Salah played like Welbeck and he meant it. I wouldn't waste your time.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
If anything Liverpool as a team have been very inconsistent throughout the year.. with the sole exception of one player named Salah who has been excellent from start to finish and that player truly deserve the accolades.

Elliman

Jun 29, 2016
New York
Race has nothing to do with it. If it was Rashford he would be treated the same as Kane. Sterling is a t#at and has made enemies everywhere he’s been. Take off your liberal tinted glasses.

I'm gonna say it - imagine if it was Raheem Sterling who claimed a goal. This is a guy who was criticized for shopping simply because he's a successful black athlete.

But then the masses coming to defend Kane is hilarious in comparison.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I'm gonna say it - imagine if it was Raheem Sterling who claimed a goal. This is a guy who was criticized for shopping simply because he's a successful black athlete.

But then the masses coming to defend Kane is hilarious in comparison.

Everyone is treating Kane like a joke, except for Spurs fans. He's going to be a joke for a while.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
He said that Salah played like Welbeck and he meant it. I wouldn't waste your time.
Well, he's obviously better than whatever I said in the beginning of the season. I wasn't trying to downplay Salah by any sense of the imagination in that post, I was arguing that KDB had an insane start to the year similar to what Salah's current form is. And that both players decided to do a 180 and flip with one playing outstanding to average, while the other one being okay to exploding on the scene. I don't think that's an unfair comment to make.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->