Pre-Game Talk: Preds vs Jets - Thu May 3 8:30pm CT (CBC NBCSN TVA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I find we need to tweak the lines a little bit, I find Connor is struggling in these playoffs, but I think one day he'll get it all together, and he deserves to dress in every playoff game, but I'd rather give ice-time to a player who can use it better. Ehlers is another player I think who is just finding his way now as I notice how he always finds his way and gets the puck through traffic which is why I like how he's paired with Stastny.

I know Tanev is a grinder, but his competitiveness and grinding is just so good. I find Roslovic is improving and it's been so good that's it hard to remove him from the line-up, how he gets himself in the way of the opposing players' play is just unreal; he's like a smart Ryan Kesler with a better offensive ability and mindset.

Laine-Scheifele-Wheeler
Connor-Stastny-Ehlers
Tanev-Little-Roslovic
Lowry-Copp-Armia

I've seen Ehlers and Connor on the same line and they just work so well together, and Stastny, who does well in the playoffs could help them improve in the playoffs a little more as they seem somewhat inexperienced. I find Scheifele and Wheeler are the ones that carry the team and focus more on winning and leading the team which isn't good for Connor. I just don't like Connor coughing it up.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Not sure where this narrative is coming from... It's almost like you only look at box scores. The Stats line as been producing a ton of chances in the Nashville series but have been unlucky. Saying they haven't been a threat makes me think you haven't watched the games.
yeah, i can't be bothered to watch a game. instead. i put aside 3.5 hrs to review box scores and jump to conclusions.

but wait...you're arguing that Laine, Ehlers and Connor have scored? because my argument was...that they have yet to score. and once those guys score, then we're more of a threat.

i await your counterargument to prove me wrong :)

I definitely get the point :D

I've just been seeing a lot of "if only Laine, Ehlers and Connor could start scoring" statements and I think that is unfair. Laine has the most shots of any Jets in the playoffs and Ehlers has been a better playmaker than he was all season. They have been very unlucky imo. Obviously it's frustrating that it isn't showing on the scoreboard but I don't think that means they haven't been good. None of them have been making major mistakes and seem to be playing with less risk in their game. Overall I actually think they are having a great playoff run despite not scoring and I have zero doubt that they will start going in if they continue playing as they have.

actually, you're totally missing the point even when it's pointed out to you.
the game's decided by goals, not by opportunities. there is a correlation between solid scoring chances and goals, but the point is that ONCE those 3 start to put a puck in the net and not on or near the net, the Jets will theoretically be a bigger load to handle. that's all.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
I suspect the rule might be altered soon
we've been talking about headshot rule changes for a while. very skeptical that it will happen relatively soon. momentum is here and i don't recall any changes made to begin this season.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
If Morrissey gets a game for his high sticking, and Wilson almost takes Wheeler's head off, he deserves at least a game.

Morrissey was a stick foul. How can you compare that to a high hit? They have completely different standards.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
we've been talking about headshot rule changes for a while. very skeptical that it will happen relatively soon. momentum is here and i don't recall any changes made to begin this season.

I'm beginning to wonder if the lawsuit is impacting how the NHL is handling them. Wouldn't it give more legitimacy to the ex players lawsuit if the NHL started coming down hard on head hits (in a round about way admitting head Injuries are no laughing matter).

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
They have both had good playoffs imo. Laine is just unlucky his shots hasn't gone in but he has been playing as good as when they did. Ehlers has been setting people up right and left. Not his fault teammates aren't capitalizing. All regular season we hear Ehlers can't pass, he is soo selfish. He starts passing and now people are complaining that he isn't scoring :huh: never change HFJets.

If you want to talk young players underperforming you should look at Connor and Rosie.
I mostly agree with this. Pate and Fly are fine. KC played a much better game last night. Rosie's having some problems but he did make a great defensive play there saving a sure goal.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Has anyone heard anything about Perrault coming back? He would be a huge addition

Perreault told the media he's been cleared to play and 100% expects to play.

Maurice was more reserved and said he is an option to play but would not confirm it.

Reactions: GNP

one other person

Tripping thru time and space
Feb 19, 2018
Sunny St. Somewhere
Maurice at times is seemingly reluctant to mess with a winning lineup. But there’s no way he’s gonna keep Perrault and/or Armia out of the lineup.

I am rather stoked for tomorrow night.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
I'm beginning to wonder if the lawsuit is impacting how the NHL is handling them. Wouldn't it give more legitimacy to the ex players lawsuit if the NHL started coming down hard on head hits (in a round about way admitting head Injuries are no laughing matter).
it's screwed regardless.
do nothing and you have more lawsuits.
do something for player safety and you admit there's a problem

Reactions: Joe Strummer

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I'd love to see the booing of PK stop. I get it, everyone hates him and that's fine, but booing him I think fuels him. He was booed mercifully in the first period and he scored a goal, he wasn't booed much at all in the 2nd, (granted he barely had the puck) but he did nothing. In the 3rd, the crowd started booing him again and he got a PP assist on the Forsberg tying goal. Obviously, I have no idea, but I think it might make him bare down.

I remember when the "Jordan's Better" chant led to an Eric Staal goal. The "Crosby's Better" chant led to an Ovi goal. I'm sure this has happened more than the two times I can remember, but I think good players love it and thrive on it.
I hate booing in general. I never boo or do the lame ref you suck chant. I don't enjoy doing that at the game, others do I guess and they pay their money and will do what they want. To each their own.

Reactions: Oilpeg

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Curious as to what the lineup guessing games acheive. If Armia, Matty P and Kulikov all slotted in or not, it wouldn't change Nashville'' planning or excitioex

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Not sure I like Copp getting shafted in ice, glad guys are coming back healthy so he can play more as he should.
Mp little Armia
Copp Lowry Tanev

That is looking darn good. If Armia not ready Roslo where Armia is as Whileee wrote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad