GDT: Preds vs Blues 1pm 2-9-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
A slightly increased crapton of money over the crapton of money you were already being offered? Doubt it.

Ok if we really have to do a Shea Weber discussion in a Blues GDT, I'll argue that Weber did the only thing an RFA can do to make sure they get what they would get on the open market. Do I wish he hadn't? Of course. Did it cripple us as a franchise? Of course not.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
The only Pred who has been dramatic this season is no longer with the team. I miss his lack of teeth.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
We complain about Subban quite a bit for what he's actually done in his games this season. 48th in points/60mins among d-men. T-38th in points per game among d-men with at least games played. 41st in +/- for d-men with 10 or more games played.

Another case of us viewing things against expectations rather than reality.

He still looks slower this season. He still looks to make more mistakes than in seasons past. Statistically, he's not having a terrible season.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
If we care more about that more than winning hockey games..
Gotta grow the biz...we care about winning hockey games...the owners care about the profitability which is a balance of winning and marketing...the real key is ....are they winning enough hockey games...and the answer has been yes for the past 4 years..not enough to satisfy me or you...we want the cup...they do too make no mistake...but long term profitability is more important to the owners.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
We complain about Subban quite a bit for what he's actually done in his games this season. 48th in points/60mins among d-men. T-38th in points per game among d-men with at least games played. 41st in +/- for d-men with 10 or more games played.

Another case of us viewing things against expectations rather than reality.

He still looks slower this season. He still looks to make more mistakes than in seasons past. Statistically, he's not having a terrible season.
no doubt Subban is viewed in the harshest light.

he's also the highest paid defenseman in the league and is very big on media attention.

combine that with his atrocious foot speed and really bad mistakes (lazy pass in the 3rd against dallas) & it's pretty easy to see why he has his critics, me included.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
We have to break out from our zone faster. Can't get anything going when the Blues get easily set up defensively. Speed, speed, speed.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
no doubt Subban is viewed in the harshest light.

he's also the highest paid defenseman in the league and is very big on media attention.

combine that with his atrocious foot speed and really bad mistakes (lazy pass in the 3rd against dallas) & it's pretty easy to see why he has his critics, me included.
There are plenty of individual plays to complain about. His apparent loss of speed is concerning and worthy of criticism. However, there are stats to assess.

Much like the team as a whole, there are what fans see and what the stats say.

Reactions: LCPreds and bdub24

FilthyScoresberg

Memphis 901
Jul 28, 2015
Memphis
This is a prime example of why we need a top-end line driver. Like a Seguin (I know those don’t grow on trees) or someone like that. We need someone who shines above the rest and sets the example for the rest to follow. Set expectations.
No one is stepping up in the right ways right now. It’s been a lot lately too. Johansen, I think, is the closest we have to what I’m talking about. Imagine if he was a little faster.

Reactions: bdub24 and PJ817
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad