GDT: Preds vs Blues 1pm 2-9-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
I'm teetering between losing my mind over the missed call and being reasonable enough to say we shouldn't have played like ass for the majority of the game and been down by two goals late.
Stay on the right side of that one....don't be like a blooser and whine about calls/no calls.

Reactions: Legionnaire11

Mass

Feb 18, 2013
Baltimore, MD
Probably deserved a worse score than that. Blues definitely the better team. That was a mystery no icing, but minimal impact at best I think.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
We complain about Subban quite a bit for what he's actually done in his games this season. 48th in points/60mins among d-men. T-38th in points per game among d-men with at least games played. 41st in +/- for d-men with 10 or more games played.

Another case of us viewing things against expectations rather than reality.

He still looks slower this season. He still looks to make more mistakes than in seasons past. Statistically, he's not having a terrible season.
Those numbers show he’s been good? Hes supposed to be elite

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I'm teetering between losing my mind over the missed call and being reasonable enough to say we shouldn't have played like ass for the majority of the game and been down by two goals late.
I know the odds of us scoring off the icing would've been low but I'm a believer in saying regardless of how we got there, we were in the position of still being down 1. Did we play like ass? Yeah, but we still forced an icing that should've been to our advantage with a draw at 6 on 5 for one last chance. Bad game but still a bad missed call.

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
I think you're right, I just think that the fact he actually plays is a big detriment to the team when Grimaldi gets scratched for him.
I'm just learning your team so apologies: what is Grimaldi best at?

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
I know you're new here but that's not our vibe on this board. We have played plenty of bad games against bad teams this season(and before)
sorry :(

Edit, I throw in on Tampa's boards too if they lose but, again, apologies

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
I'm just learning your team so apologies: what is Grimaldi best at?

Grimaldi is a small guy who got called up to the Preds earlier in the season, and he's been steadily working his way to more icetime and responsibility. In terms of role he's a dynamic bottom-6 energy kind of guy. He's fast and can make plays, and he's been a real driver on our 4th line.

Reactions: PJ817

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
Grimaldi is a small guy who got called up to the Preds earlier in the season, and he's been steadily working his way to more icetime and responsibility. In terms of role he's a dynamic bottom-6 energy kind of guy. He's fast and can make plays, and he's been a real driver on our 4th line.
I could see where that would be helpful - today, speed might have blown through St. L and better passing; I was somewhat surprised the passing was consistently into a blue shirt, or misdirected onto a blue shirt's stick;

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I know you're new here but that's not our vibe on this board. We have played plenty of bad games against bad teams this season(and before)
The weird thing is I've been seeing the original version of that video on Twitter for a couple years. It's a Padres thing. The guy jumping up and down is the Fox Sports San Diego color analyst. He's doing that from the Brewers broadcast booth. I can't find it though I think because the guy who made it created a different account.

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
The weird thing is I've been seeing the original version of that video on Twitter for a couple years. It's a Padres thing. The guy jumping up and down is the Fox Sports San Diego color analyst. He's doing that from the Brewers broadcast booth.
My son sent it to me in Sept; I have friends up in Ottawa and in Detroit - and I think he sent it when OTT beat DET and I laughed my fool head off for... well, still do (it's actually a Badger thing if you look closely at back wall)...

Anyway, I deleted off the thread. I seriously, will chirp at those who chirp at me but really, don't want to make waves.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
My son sent it to me in Sept; I have friends up in Ottawa and in Detroit - and I think he sent it when OTT beat DET and I laughed my fool head off for... well, still do (it's actually a Badger thing if you look closely at back wall)...

Anyway, I deleted off the thread. I seriously, will chirp at those who chirp at me but really, don't want to make waves.
It doesn't bother me personally I just associate it with the Padres because that's my team. A fan made it because he was making fun of how bad we are so he would send it to the other team's account when we actually beat someone.

Reactions: PJ817

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
We complain about Subban quite a bit for what he's actually done in his games this season. 48th in points/60mins among d-men. T-38th in points per game among d-men with at least games played. 41st in +/- for d-men with 10 or more games played.

Another case of us viewing things against expectations rather than reality.

He still looks slower this season. He still looks to make more mistakes than in seasons past. Statistically, he's not having a terrible season.
How does this show he is good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->