GDT: Preds vs Blues 1pm 2-9-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Top sixth. Does that suck in your universe? If so, please explain the comparatives you use.
The haters are convinced that he's supposed to be "elite". Why that is I'm not totally sure (I really hope salary isn't the reason) but anything not among league leaders will probably be looked down on.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
No. Now I’m wondering why he wasn’t an all star with those numbers

Missed a huge chunk of the season, those numbers are mainly per game and per 60mins stats, all star votes are based on immediate gratification stats.

I truly question the expectations our fanbase has. Points per game for defenders with 10 or more games played ... four Preds in the top 45. Yet two of them we have fans willing to put on the trading block immediately. An off season for our top four blueliners is a damned good season across the league.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Offensively he’s been okay, defensively he’s lost soo much speed

As I've said .. repeatedly. However, if we go to advanced stats he doesn't suck. Corsi .. Fenwick ... pick one.

We expect our blueliners to be something near deities so that a mortal season with just better than average (comparatively speaking) stats are suspect.

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
As I've said .. repeatedly. However, if we go to advanced stats he doesn't suck. Corsi .. Fenwick ... pick one.

We expect our blueliners to be something near deities so that a mortal season with just better than average (comparatively speaking) stats are suspect.

Reactions: LCPreds

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011

I love those charts people of the advanced stats community love to throw out.

I find it funny his worst "advanced stat" is the expected goals against us with him on the ice compared to teammates.

no one thinks subban is horrible w/ puck, can't play point on the worst PP in the league.

it's defensively and the turnovers. and that chart from someone who is obviously a subban fanboy still shows that.

Reactions: Scoresberg

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I'm fascinated as to why some people want to love or hate Subban so much. Some of us like Fiala and some of us don't but that doesn't turn into a season-long pissing contest.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
I'm fascinated as to why some people want to love or hate Subban so much. Some of us like Fiala and some of us don't but that doesn't turn into a season-long pissing contest.
i don't think anyone hates subban really. him and elis could morph into the same player at this point for all i care.

it's the fanboys that come out in subbans defense anytime he is rightfully called out.
see that tweet.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
i don't think anyone hates subban really. him and elis could morph into the same player at this point for all i care.

it's the fanboys that come out in subbans defense anytime he is rightfully called out.
see that tweet.

He has issues but is still playing relatively good hockey. It is possible to accept both ... or to focus on either end.

Reactions: LCPreds

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
He has issues but is still playing relatively good hockey. It is possible to accept both ... or to focus on either end.
Subban has been better since the all star break. still needs to cut out the 1-2 times a game it seems mind numbing turnorvers.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville

see that tweet.
It's like politics. I really like Subban but he's slow as shit. Is what it is.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Should have waived Irwin and kept 2Bit

My daughter and I both believed this. Poile didn't call either one of us for consultation.

The game posts look like they are about Milwaukee. Feel free to look at some of the In the System posts.

Last edited:

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN

see that tweet.

It works both ways. His defenders are called fanboys even if they are using stats to back up their take. The other side is just constantly bashing him for a lot more on average than it seems they do other players. It just gets old. Honestly I want him to be traded. Not because I think he sucks but because I’m tired of the drama. Not drama caused by Subban but of the folks who seem to live to bash his tiniest mistake.

Reactions: NoNecksCurse
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad