Friedman: Preds only untouchables are Josi, Ellis and Rinne

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
I’m saying this only if they truly are clearing house.

if you’re trading forsberg and you ACTUALLY do a real rebuild and trade like 3+ Defence-man you will need another top d

We have defensemen, defensemen prospects and the top 5 in this year's draft is defense heavy. Plus we can/will likely pick up a defenseman or two with Ekholm and Arvidsson.

If we're moving the only offensive player we have right now offense should be first priority.

LOUISVILLE ICE CARDS

Washed up College Hockey Player OSU18 Uofl 2021
May 7, 2013
Louisville Kentucky
I’m saying this only if they truly are clearing house.

if you’re trading forsberg and you ACTUALLY do a real rebuild and trade like 3+ Defence-man you will need another top d
We have a plethora of Defensive prospects that need a shot at playing. We won’t add a defensemen on top of our deep defensive prospect pool. Forwards are the problem. We have roughly 2 good forward prospects

LucicAndChong

formerly known as Big Sugar
Jan 22, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Lol, if we end up moving Rielly the very last player we need as a main piece is a 26 year old winger
So you’re telling me that you would rather have what we have now over

Thornton - Matthews - Marner

Forsberg - Tavares - Simmonds

Hyman - Nylander - Mikheyev

Kerfoot - Spezza - Boyd

Muzzin - Holl

Dermott - Brodie

Lehtonen/Sandin - Bogosian

???

that defence is not bad for the leafs. We always say Dermott is a top 4 D, and we know everyone else in that top 4 is a top 4 d. Bogo is great on 3D and Lehtonen is good on 3LD and then we can finally get reps for Sandin when he’s back

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
But if I could see Forsberg being a fit anywhere, I'm going to say that Vegas snags him. If not Vegas probably Florida, Colorado or New York Islanders might be good suitors.

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008
Rinne untouchable out of respect and so he can be a lifelong Predator?

Interesting Ellis makes the list... very good player but still, you could get a pretty good package for him (and that contract may not age well)

Of course everyone asks about Forsberg but Arvidsson would be a lowkey great pickup as well.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Lol, this is patently wrong. Yes, you definitely trade Rielly for this winger.
no, especially when offense is our strongsuit and we finally have a solid defense.

also why did you say 26 year old defenceman like it was a bad thing? they are the same age from the same draft.

Reactions: Guttersniped

LucicAndChong

Jan 22, 2018
Ontario, Canada
We have a plethora of Defensive prospects that need a shot at playing. We won’t add a defensemen on top of our deep defensive prospect pool. Forwards are the problem. We have roughly 2 good forward prospects
Okay then, let me change the question.

what would it take from the leafs for forsberg? 1st + Any Forward Prospects not named Robertson + Any other high prospect

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
So you’re telling me that you would rather have what we have now over

Thornton - Matthews - Marner

Forsberg - Tavares - Simmonds

Hyman - Nylander - Mikheyev

Kerfoot - Spezza - Boyd

Muzzin - Holl

Dermott - Brodie

Lehtonen/Sandin - Bogosian

???

that defence is not bad for the leafs. We always say Dermott is a top 4 D, and we know everyone else in that top 4 is a top 4 d. Bogo is great on 3D and Lehtonen is good on 3LD and then we can finally get reps for Sandin when he’s back
yes i take our team now over that. that d is a lot worse. we finally have a good defense i am not trading our 1D for a winger.

like i said earlier i would target Mattias Ekholm if anyone. cheap contract and would probably be a Muzzin type return.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Rinne untouchable out of respect and so he can be a lifelong Predator?

Interesting Ellis makes the list... very good player but still, you could get a pretty good package for him (and that contract may not age well)

Of course everyone asks about Forsberg but Arvidsson would be a lowkey great pickup as well.

Yes, Rinne is pretty much cooked. He'll likely be the first major Predator to be a life longer. Will get his number retired when the fans can come in. I wouldn't be mad if traded him to see him get a Cup, but he would be a back up. He's got a NMC/NTC so it's likely his decision to stay.

Arvidsson is definitely on the block with that contract of his.

no, especially when offense is our strongsuit and we finally have a solid defense.

also why did you say 26 year old defenceman like it was a bad thing? they are the same age from the same draft.

If we're trading a 26 year old Forsberg then we need players younger than 25, nothing else makes sense.

what would it take from the leafs for forsberg? 1st + Any Forward Prospects not named Robertson + Any other high prospect

1st + Robertson and another high end prospect would be interesting.

I don't see the Preds trading Fabbro but I could see them trading Ekholm and Boston should be all over that.

I could see Fabbro moved if we got a similar young guy back. He's had his struggles, but he has also looked good as a no.4.

Ugh, thanks Friedman--queue a whole bunch of shitty proposals for Forsberg.

Tell me about it. Haha.

LucicAndChong

Jan 22, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Yes, Rinne is pretty much cooked. He'll likely be the first major Predator to be a life longer. Will get his number retired when the fans can come in. I wouldn't be mad if traded him to see him get a Cup, but he would be a back up. He's got a NMC/NTC so it's likely his decision to stay.

Arvidsson is definitely on the block with that contract of his.

If we're trading a 26 year old Forsberg then we need players younger than 25, nothing else makes sense.

1st + Robertson and another high end prospect would be interesting.

I could see Fabbro moved if we got a similar young guy back. He's had his struggles, but he has also looked good as a no.4.

Tell me about it. Haha.

“Any Offensive Prospect Not Named Robertson”

1st + Robertson

ok

LOUISVILLE ICE CARDS

Washed up College Hockey Player OSU18 Uofl 2021
May 7, 2013
Louisville Kentucky

Your not going to like what Preds fans are going to want from the Leafs. Your 1st Rd pick will likely be a late first also your cap would require Preds taking salary back. I don’t see the Leafs and Preds being trade partners for Forsberg. Granlund however is a different story

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad