Friedman: Preds only untouchables are Josi, Ellis and Rinne

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
What was Patches' contract looking like at the time of the trade?

He had one year left, traded at the beginning of the season. But was extended immediately.

Vegas was given permission to talk with Paccioretty before the trade was made, so the understanding is.

Pacioretty 1 year at 4.25 + 4 years at 7

Reactions: Forge

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Both hah. Regarding the former, since the Stevey Sullivan days haha.

Oh cool. I notice a lot of Toronto fans scoffing at the thought of giving up Robertson. What makes you go against that grain?

Why and how are the Leafs in on every single rumoured player available ....
Why would they give up assets for one year of Forsberg ? I don’t get the need or why leafs give away assets and put themselves in more cap trouble by trading away players that are cost controlled .

They have no problems scoring goals , the Leafs should be inquiring about Ekholm or Fabbro before anyone .

They aren't, they just have a lot of fans and want every teams best players.

Kebs

Def not just a zombie tiger typing
Aug 21, 2009
Nashville, TN
This is got to be a GD joke. Like you need to be fired if serious joke. I understand Josi being untouchable but Ellis and Rinne? Cut bait man, they wouldnt be any worse if they had start to Kaskisuo or Ingram. Or even sign Darling lol

They think about trading Tomasino that front office has lost me.

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
Why and how are the Leafs in on every single rumoured player available ....
Why would they give up assets for one year of Forsberg ? I don’t get the need or why leafs give away assets and put themselves in more cap trouble by trading away players that are cost controlled .

They have no problems scoring goals , the Leafs should be inquiring about Ekholm or Fabbro before anyone .

Forsberg has another year and TO is the center of the universe don't ya know!

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
What's the price on Fabbro? I'd love him on the Sens.

I could also see us having a ton of interest in Sissons or Arvidsson. Maybe Duchene??

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
Hate the thought, but Forsberg on Barzals flank would be disgusting. Especially since he's defensively responsible, which Trotz loves.

Thankfully, I dunno how they would work it cap wise.

Islanders could offer Wahlstrom/1, so they have the value basis.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Fabbro would cost a similar top 6/top 4 guy under 25.

Arvidsson a 1st + prospect. Sissons a decent prospect or a mid-late 2nd maybe?

Don't even know about Duchene tbh.

What would you be looking for from Ottawa for Fabbro? Seems to me like it would have to be a 2-for-1 deal

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
If I’m Boston I tell the Preds to pick any 4 prospects/picks plus Debrusk or Grizz for Ekholm and Forsberg. Maybe they take Moore back for salary reasons.

Not sure that’s enough. But it’s vault Boston to the near top of contender status for the next few years.

Then again I don’t care about the future. I could be dandelion food in two years.

Reactions: Adam da bomb

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
How would you rank Norris, Batherson, Brown and Brannstrom? Upsides? problems?
Personally I think Batherson is a cut above the other guys.

I adore Brown, think he will be a very good player, maybe the best of the group, but dont think its gonna happen in Ottawa.

I like Norris a lot but see him more as a 2nd liner who is good at everything, great at nothing, but can score on the PP. He is probably more of a 3C right now, if not a 4C, but gets a lot of chances and has decent finish. I think he'll be a pretty consistent 20-25 goal, 45-55pt guy who is really good on faceoffs and 50/50 pucks and plays responsibly.

Brannstrom I see as a 3/4D who can provide a unique element from the back-end. I think he'll be a good player.

Not sure I'd do Batherson for Fabbro but I would, without a doubt, add a decent piece to any of the other 3.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I mean if they’re clearing house they’re gonna need a lot of players especially since other teams will want a lot of their dmen

also I don’t think our D is weak. Without Rielly you have

Muzzin - Holl

Dermott - Brodie

Lehtonen/Sandin - Bogo

and honestly I’m fine with that.
That's a BRUTAL D.

Also ignoring why would the Preds clear house and trade their #1 asset for a guy whos UFA in 1.5 years?

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
lol he's in the last year of his contract. If he wanted to chase a cup, I'm pretty sure we could take a bad contract with multiple years remaining and be the team getting the asset(s) in return.
i fully understand, that nashville wouldn't pay to drop rinne. they have no need for the cap space. still he has negative trade value and in your example the additional assets would be for longer term cap dump.
i like the message behind 'rinne isn't available'. shows respect and appreciation for a player, who was big in that scf run.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Personally I think Batherson is a cut above the other guys.

I adore Brown, think he will be a very good player, maybe the best of the group, but dont think its gonna happen in Ottawa.

I like Norris a lot but see him more as a 2nd liner who is good at everything, great at nothing, but can score on the PP. He is probably more of a 3C right now, if not a 4C, but gets a lot of chances and has decent finish. I think he'll be a pretty consistent 20-25 goal, 45-55pt guy who is really good on faceoffs and 50/50 pucks and plays responsibly.

Brannstrom I see as a 3/4D who can provide a unique element from the back-end. I think he'll be a good player.

Not sure I'd do Batherson for Fabbro but I would, without a doubt, add a decent piece to any of the other 3.

Thanks for the write up. Fabbro has been on our 2nd pairing since coming in to the league, he's looked really impressive and steady at times, but has had his share of bad moments. I'd say his upside would be Ryan Suter lite.

I think Brown would be interesting, maybe a small plus?

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Thanks for the write up. Fabbro has been on our 2nd pairing since coming in to the league, he's looked really impressive and steady at times, but has had his share of bad moments. I'd say his upside would be Ryan Suter lite.

I think Brown would be interesting, maybe a small plus?

I think you guys could get Brown and a pretty reasonable plus for Fabbro. I dont think the org is too pleased with Brown. I could see us giving Brown + 2nd and B prospect with no hesitation.

Honestly, I could see Brannstrom + Brown

Reactions: Soundgarden

Cotton

May 13, 2013
A good exercise when thinking if your D is good enough to win a cup is to compare it to other contenders. That top 6 is clearly worse than teams like Carolina, Colorado, Vegas, and Tampa.

I guess Pittsburgh never happened.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
Ekholm for Mantha, straight up.

Who says yes, who says no?

Would be nice to finally see a one-timer on the Preds powerplay. Arvidsson and Forsberg are great at wristers in motion. It's way harder to run a powerplay built on that shot than it is a one-timer.

Ekholm becomes Wings' number 1 D and partner/mentor to Seider until he's ready to run the team.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Ekholm for Mantha, straight up.

Who says yes, who says no?

Would be nice to finally see a one-timer on the Preds powerplay. Arvidsson and Forsberg are great at wristers in motion. It's way harder to run a powerplay built on that shot than it is a one-timer.

Ekholm becomes Wings' number 1 D and partner/mentor to Seider until he's ready to run the team.

That's interesting, but does Detroit want to go from a 26 year old Mantha to a 30 year old Ekholm?

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
That's interesting, but does Detroit want to go from a 26 year old Mantha to a 30 year old Ekholm?

Mantha seems pretty checked out on losing. I don't know that he makes it through this rebuild anyway. Maybe they'll hold out for some futures to compensate for age.

That being said Red Wings are clearing 2 mil in cap so that could be the balancer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad