GDT: Preds @ hot garbage

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I don't get the knocks on Campbell. He's done what's been asked and more. Perfect #7 Dman

Perfect #7 defenseman who is being played as the #5 defenseman. That's my only knock on him.

I'd still rather see Philip Samuelsson with that roster spot, though.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Perfect #7 defenseman who is being played as the #5 defenseman. That's my only knock on him.

I'd still rather see Philip Samuelsson with that roster spot, though.

I think Campbell is a perfect third pairing D. Cheap, makes few mistakes, hits, blocks shots and so far very consistent.

What more do you want from a 3rd pairing?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I wouldn't wait that long. I'd move him at the draft with a pick to get a good veteran RHD.

Very possible, but his stock is so low I would wait andsee what training camp brings. I just hate losing a high 1st rounder for next to nothing.

MP

Feb 8, 2008
I hate both Dave Tippett and Jim Playfair like so, so ****ing much.
Never liked Playfair. Ever since his Calgary days, my impression was always that he's a fire-and-brimstone kind of coach, and I can't imagine a veteran roster taking kindly to that. I'm sure he knows his stuff, but I never felt like he was going to fit in here the way Dave King did, for example.

Also, wasn't he the one who told Jamie McLennan to slash a guy during the playoffs? A quick Google search yielded the following: McLennan, coach, organization disciplined by NHL. Now, I admit, we've all wanted to chop a Red Wing at one time or another, but we aren't coaches in the world's top hockey league. I never wanted him here, and I won't be sad to see him go.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Never liked Playfair. Ever since his Calgary days, my impression was always that he's a fire-and-brimstone kind of coach, and I can't imagine a veteran roster taking kindly to that. I'm sure he knows his stuff, but I never felt like he was going to fit in here the way Dave King did, for example.

Also, wasn't he the one who told Jamie McLennan to slash a guy during the playoffs? A quick Google search yielded the following: McLennan, coach, organization disciplined by NHL. Now, I admit, we've all wanted to chop a Red Wing at one time or another, but we aren't coaches in the world's top hockey league. I never wanted him here, and I won't be sad to see him go.

Well he's certainly no Kinger..... but who is?

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I like Jake alot, because even though I sometimes think he's more of a ****-stirrer than me, he's also always pleasantly disagreeable. I don't know how he doesn't get snarky like me. ;)

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I like Jake alot, because even though I sometimes think he's more of a ****-stirrer than me, he's also always pleasantly disagreeable. I don't know how he doesn't get snarky like me. ;)

You mellow with age.....trust me.:nod:

Desert Ice 11

Yoooooo
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
I've never liked Playfair and I feel that he would be better suited for another team..not sure which one but not the Coyotes.

I think DT is a good head coach that can adapt. He can obviously keep games close and pull out a win or two with this ****** roster.

Domingue showed me why he doesn't belong in the NHL yet. Rebound control was missing..and looked very out of place in the net. If it wasn't for the defense and blocked shots, he would have looked a lot worse on the scorecard.

Stone has become a Z replacement, and it's great to see his number of blocked shots and his defensive effort. Really enjoyed his physical game. Hopefully it doesn't stop there and he continues to become that defenseman where opposing players are very aware that he's on the ice.

Would have liked to see more Gormley. Shinnimin played well, or at least I thought he did.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I've never liked Playfair and I feel that he would be better suited for another team..not sure which one but not the Coyotes.

I think DT is a good head coach that can adapt. He can obviously keep games close and pull out a win or two with this ****** roster.

Domingue showed me why he doesn't belong in the NHL yet. Rebound control was missing..and looked very out of place in the net. If it wasn't for the defense and blocked shots, he would have looked a lot worse on the scorecard.

Stone has become a Z replacement, and it's great to see his number of blocked shots and his defensive effort. Really enjoyed his physical game. Hopefully it doesn't stop there and he continues to become that defenseman where opposing players are very aware that he's on the ice.

Would have liked to see more Gormley. Shinnimin played well, or at least I thought he did.

Yup I agree with all your points. I wish Gormley played more, but most times when he touches the puck something happens, mostly bad. I just don't get it with him.

The Grocery Stick

AZDomiNation
Oct 30, 2014
ID

DT's worst attribute is his inability to adapt. He has his system, if he has the parts to work his sytem, things are fine, if he doesn't have the parts there is no change to adapt to his limited parts. Further, his inability to adapt is best highlighted by his overplaying a bad goalie (Mike Smith) while underplaying a good one (Devan Dubnyk) and not recognize how bad this team is with Mike Smith in net and how good it is when anyone else but Mike Smith is in the net. Which segues us to Domingue...

Louie has the appearance and the results (albeit limited results) of being NHL ready. He looks confident, composed and the circus factor is incredibly diminished with him as he actually holds on to his stick, doesn't fall down behind the net, and doesn't jump over pucks. Further, he had 100+ shutout minutes between the Montreal, Boston and Nashville games and played the wall in the Nashville OT.

Totally agree regarding Stone's blocked shots and defensive efforts. He's been a highlight of this year and looking forward to his continued growth.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006

I could not agree with you less on this.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
DT's worst attribute is his inability to adapt. He has his system, if he has the parts to work his sytem, things are fine, if he doesn't have the parts there is no change to adapt to his limited parts. Further, his inability to adapt is best highlighted by his overplaying a bad goalie (Mike Smith) while underplaying a good one (Devan Dubnyk) and not recognize how bad this team is with Mike Smith in net and how good it is when anyone else but Mike Smith is in the net. Which segues us to Domingue...

Louie has the appearance and the results (albeit limited results) of being NHL ready. He looks confident, composed and the circus factor is incredibly diminished with him as he actually holds on to his stick, doesn't fall down behind the net, and doesn't jump over pucks. Further, he had 100+ shutout minutes between the Montreal, Boston and Nashville games and played the wall in the Nashville OT.

Totally agree regarding Stone's blocked shots and defensive efforts. He's been a highlight of this year and looking forward to his continued growth.

I think DT can adapt or adjust just fine and Louie has only played two games, no way to tell if he is NHL ready just yet.

The Grocery Stick

AZDomiNation
Oct 30, 2014
ID
I think DT can adapt or adjust just fine and Louie has only played two games, no way to tell if he is NHL ready just yet.
He has started 2 and played in 4 and has gotten progressively better in each. In the limited time he has played he looks ready or, at least, more ready than the other guy. I will look forward to him getting more time.

Desert Ice 11

Yoooooo
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe

Well he did lose his stick. The Smith shot was a redirect down but still was pretty funny.

Domingue doesn't look very poised and his lateral movement is poor. He crouches down way to low when the opposing player has possession behind the net. His play of the puck is limited and thank God because his stick handling is not even close to where it needs to be. To me, it looks like the defense works much harder to bail him out. His rebound control is next to none....

He needs work.

I could not agree with you less on this.

No one is asking you to :)

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
Wow

This was an up and down thread.... Starting with Tippett announcing that Chip was a poor mans Datsyuk .

But this really brings up bad memories .... Us trying to tank for McDavid , fast forward to the draft lottery ... and eventually losing our top 2 pick and missing out and McEichel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad