GDT: Preds @ hot garbage

Etch

Relegate the Oilers
Jun 1, 2011
Moncton, NB
Because they are fighting for jobs and don't give a rat's ass about the players in the draft being able to help out this team. It means one of them loses their job and big pay check if they're replaced. As fans we look at it one way, the players look at it completely different.

I obviously understand that side of it, but unless I'm Kyle Chipchura (who should lose his job anyway regardless of McEichel or not), or a pending FA... I'd be extatic at the prospect of getting the next Crosby. You mean all I have to do is lose a coupla games and then I still get my millions AND get to play with the next generational talent? Sign me up.

Just lose. Management should be hammering them in the dressing room right now for getting that point.

(This is kind of a joke post but kind of not really, I'm still just real mad about that game)

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Gormley had an awful game. John Moore wasn't much better (assist aside).

Also? The Preds are amazing. Except for Ribeiro and James Neal. They suck ALL the ass.

Mike Fisher was playing like Carrie wrote a song about him.

That is all.

I won't comment on Gormley because I'm not a fan of his and everyone thinks he is the golden boy. I have to disagree about Moore. I thought he played his best game since the trade, but still, he has to do much better. The guy I want to talk about is Stone, who I thought played fantastic.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
I obviously understand that side of it, but unless I'm Kyle Chipchura (who should lose his job anyway regardless of McEichel or not), or a pending FA... I'd be extatic at the prospect of getting the next Crosby. You mean all I have to do is lose a coupla games and then I still get my millions AND get to play with the next generational talent? Sign me up.

Just lose. Management should be hammering them in the dressing room right now for getting that point.

(This is kind of a joke post but kind of not really, I'm still just real mad about that game)

Need to be madder at Nashville. They're the ones that didn't beat us in regulation. The tank was more Thomas the Tank Engine today.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
When was the last time someone who finished dead last got the 1st overall pick?
Stamkos, Tavares, Hall and Nugent-Hopkins were all to 30th place teams. The last 3 (Yakupov, MacKinnon and Ekblad) have all been to 29th place teams. One more year in that run before Bettman changes up his pattern. This bodes well for us.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Alright, I'll continue my contrarian ways and say: I think Moore has been alright. Has shown some flash with the puck and has good speed. He's had several gaffes and it seems like each has ended up in the net. Maybe a bit of bad luck. Yandle started as a train wreck as well, and didn't turn it on until about the same age.

This. All the pieces are there. Now it's just a matter of putting it all together.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
I won't comment on Gormley because I'm not a fan of his and everyone thinks he is the golden boy. I have to disagree about Moore. I thought he played his best game since the trade, but still, he has to do much better. The guy I want to talk about is Stone, who I thought played fantastic.

Golden boy = Max Domi. Seriously, terrible stretches in the OHL = "he's out grown the league"

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I hate both Dave Tippett and Jim Playfair like so, so ****ing much.

May I interest you in a trade?

Nolan7RESIZED.jpg

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I was on the "why is Campbell playing so much over Gormley" boat but now I see why Gormley played less than ten minutes.

The thing about Gormley is that I do not see flashes of him getting better. The best thing he can do is forget about this year and come to training camp, if he is even still here, on a mission. Get his confidence back and do something to impress the coaches.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
It really is time for Donnie to turn Gormley into something better. Also we had better not bring Campbell back either.

Turn to FA and go get another RHD that can play in a #4/5 spot so we don't have to have him back. C'mon Tipp, I know you can hear me, he's not good, get off the man-crush and get someone who's better.

Dahlbeck has been fantastic. Moore is off & on, pretty much a lesser version of what we traded him for.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
It really is time for Donnie to turn Gormley into something better. Also we had better not bring Campbell back either.

Turn to FA and go get another RHD that can play in a #4/5 spot so we don't have to have him back. C'mon Tipp, I know you can hear me, he's not good, get off the man-crush and get someone who's better.

Dahlbeck has been fantastic. Moore is off & on, pretty much a lesser version of what we traded him for.

I agree. I love Santa's game.

Moore is off and on and you said. So was Yandle. I think Moore will get better as he gets older.

Campbell does need to go. His services are appreciated and he hasnt played bad. Just doesn't fit our needs.

Gormley needs to be traded for a RHD or similarly struggling forward.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

Campbell has surprised me with his play, not sure if he can do it for the entire year. I would wait until after next years training camp on Gormley. Maybe his play will turn a few heads instead of us :shakehead.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I agree. I love Santa's game.

Moore is off and on and you said. So was Yandle. I think Moore will get better as he gets older.

Campbell does need to go. His services are appreciated and he hasnt played bad. Just doesn't fit our needs.

Gormley needs to be traded for a RHD or similarly struggling forward.

Campbell does fit our needs, that is why he is playing.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Gormley for McIlrath or Gormley+ for Mayfield

I don't get the knocks on Campbell. He's done what's been asked and more. Perfect #7 Dman

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Campbell has surprised me with his play, not sure if he can do it for the entire year. I would wait until after next years training camp on Gormley. Maybe his play will turn a few heads instead of us :shakehead.

I wouldn't wait that long. I'd move him at the draft with a pick to get a good veteran RHD.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad