Post-Game Talk: Preds @ Flames 3-9-16 8:30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

LetsGetThis

Sep 30, 2013
Yeah we would easily. Wide awake, no dreams here. No ands ifs or buts about it. You keep talking about firing lavy for what reason, he says he works on 3-3 ot every practice. I've seen multiple interviews where he's said that. You act like there's no chance this team could beat anybody, it's usually all negative even when we win. I don't understand it at all. Makes no sense at all. :help: me understand. And don't get me wrong man I've seen a lot of your post and agree but at the same time you say we lose before the game is over, I mean I just don't understand some of things you say man. I even like reading some of your post.

Have you actually seen the team work on it in practice? I've been to several and haven't witnessed a 3 on 3 practice yet.

XxSmashville18Xx

Nov 14, 2015
Smashville, TN
Have you actually seen the team work on it in practice? I've been to several and haven't witnessed a 3 on 3 practice yet.

I've been too a few seen them work on it once. Is that all they've done I doubt it. Just saying what I've heard in interviews he's been apart of, I highly doubt him and the players would lie about that. Everybody keeps talking about 3 on 3, let me ask you this does it matter when we make the playoffs? No it does not. Right now play la over Dallas or Chicago or St. Louis sounds awhole lot better too me. With pekka playing his best hockey now and all the lines putting in top work, we would beat them in 5 games. Yeah getting one point over two sucks! But at the same time we've played a lot of hockey in past two weeks against powerhouse teams, our team is just tired. It was clear what the problem was last night. We stole a point and that's all that matters too me. Just didn't like the comment about firing lavi? It makes no sense at all! Points in our last 14-15 games is pretty damn impressive! It's mostly the players doing all the work but lavi brought something to our team that trotzy didn't and that's offense! I miss trotz defense of course. But at the same time this team is rolling.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
I'm ready to call for Lavy's job after that! 1-12 totally embarrassing. This team does not belong in the playoffs if they can't win more than 1 of 13 overtime attempts.

giphy.gif

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois
That was 100 percent on lazy skating Ribiero.

Wth was he thinking? This OT loss goes on him! He owes Hutton an apology for that stupid play.

Ellis falls down... Goal.

We are lucky to come away with 1 point after how we played, but I will take the point and go onto the next game. We showed some resilience tonight. Kept plugging and scrapping.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I'm ready to call for Lavy's job after that! 1-12 totally embarrassing. This team does not belong in the playoffs if they can't win more than 1 of 13 overtime attempts.
So winning 2 of 13 overtime attempts is good enough? 1 of 13 is where we draw the line?

XxSmashville18Xx

Nov 14, 2015
Smashville, TN
3 on 3 ot doesn't mean anything when it comes to playoff hockey! Nothing! Does it suck that we couldn't pull some of these games out because we been just awful at the new system, hmm yeah but at the same time we are sitting at a good spot and if we keep playing our style of hockey we will be fine. All I would like to see is for someone to step up and be our spark plug, make a big hit just get the guys going. Need to crash the inboards a little harder, we're giving teams a lot of space on the inboards and in the trapezoid... IMO. The last couple games I've seen were missing all that. The spark plug is picking back up a little bit, hits our starting to come along.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Just think, if we win half our OT games this year we would be right in the thick of the division race.

Now that may not even be a good thing because we've played Pacific Division teams much better than we've played the Blues, Blackhawks and Stars.

XxSmashville18Xx

Nov 14, 2015
Smashville, TN
Just think, if we win half our OT games this year we would be right in the thick of the division race.

Now that may not even be a good thing because we've played Pacific Division teams much better than we've played the Blues, Blackhawks and Stars.

That's why I'm saying we're in a good spot right now. I know we can beat la in a series! We beat them in 5. They've beat us by 1 goal twice this year when pekka wasn't playing up to his ability

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I mean I know our OT play is horrid and that's on the coaches. But seriously, last night's OT loss is on Ribeiro. Come on, look at that play. He shouldn't play 3 on 3.

Arvy needs to have a look there.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I'm not sure Arvidsson is a good fit. He tends to just fly around without any structure so that could lead to some less than ideal defensive situations.

But sure, try him a few times. It's not like we're winning in OT with who we're playing anyways.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
That's why I'm saying we're in a good spot right now. I know we can beat la in a series! We beat them in 5. They've beat us by 1 goal twice this year when pekka wasn't playing up to his ability

Ummm. 1 of those two losses was during this 14 game point streak on Feb 20.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I'm not sure Arvidsson is a good fit. He tends to just fly around without any structure so that could lead to some less than ideal defensive situations.

But sure, try him a few times. It's not like we're winning in OT with who we're playing anyways.

And SHOOT, which is something we need! No one else really shoots in OT, they just sit back and watch the other team score on us.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville

I think Arvidsson is fine. He plays like a chicken with his head cut off though. He needs to let the game slow the hell down for him.

Drinking game: Take a drink anytime Arvidsson falls down.

RyanGetzlafsHairline*

In 3-on-3 overtime, which doesn't happen in the playoffs. The team hasn't lost in regulation (which is all that matters for the playoffs) in 14 games. You're funny, ragging on me for saying the first line isn't playing well, and it might be worthwhile to switch things up. Then every time the other team scores first, you declare that the game is over and the team sucks, lol. After a 3-on-3 OT loss in the second game of a back to back, you say the team doesn't deserve to make the playoffs. Too funny.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I think Arvidsson is fine. He plays like a chicken with his head cut off though. He needs to let the game slow the hell down for him.

Drinking game: Take a drink anytime Arvidsson falls down.

I just got drunk thinking about that.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
There's no 3-on-3 OT in the playoffs--that's true--but there are still reasons to be concerned, IMO.

The teams with the most OT success in the regular season are going to be the most confident in playoff OT, even though the format changes, and those with the least success are liable to be the least confident. If you go all season with an "oh no... overtime" mindset, that may not just evaporate when the playoffs arrive.

The inability to adjust as the season goes on and figure out OT also has me worried that they won't adjust very well as the playoffs go on. If you can't adjust your strategy when it's not working in OT, and you've had 13 chances over 6 months, how successfully and quickly will you adjust your overall strategy when it's not working against your opponent and you have maybe only a couple more chances over a couple of days before you're eliminated?

It's definitely a positive for the Preds that 3-on-3 OT disappears in the playoffs, but I don't believe that we can just assume that the effects and contributing factors are just going to disappear, themselves.

Last edited:

fiveAMpractice

Oct 19, 2014
The players are just not listening to the Hall of Fame defence coach . With all the years of 3 on 3 overtime experience he has gained over his career you think the players would have a good handle on what to do out there . Its all fun till someone gets fired.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
The players are just not listening to the Hall of Fame defence coach . With all the years of 3 on 3 overtime experience he has gained over his career you think the players would have a good handle on what to do out there . Its all fun till someone gets fired.

You do realize there was no OT when he played right? It was either a win, a loss or a tie. OT didn't get introduced until recently and there was certainly very little 3 on 3 play during regulation.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
4 on 4 is still hockey. 3 on 3 is a joke regardless of who wins. We've all watched it; its goofy. It's the Canadian superstructure attempt to stop shootouts. Go from bad to worse, in other words. They say the shootout is a skills competition. Duh, hockey is a skills game. If the 3 on 3 doesn't work maybe they'll just decide to let 2 goons fight it out. That's NHL management logic.

Shaking my head. :shakehead

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
4 on 4 is still hockey. 3 on 3 is a joke regardless of who wins. We've all watched it; its goofy. It's the Canadian superstructure attempt to stop shootouts. Go from bad to worse, in other words. They say the shootout is a skills competition. Duh, hockey is a skills game. If the 3 on 3 doesn't work maybe they'll just decide to let 2 goons fight it out. That's NHL management logic.
Yeah that's totally the direction the league is trending.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Welp we may not have 3 on 3 OT in the playoffs but we can still have OT in the playoffs and I just hope if/when we end up in OT in the playoffs we don't end up sucking at that too.

XxSmashville18Xx

Nov 14, 2015
Smashville, TN

Ummmmmm that was before pekka got hot. It was before Chicago, St. Louis and Dallas! It was one of the first games we played. So no pekka wasn't hot at the time , so no this team was rolling yet! Thanks :sarcasm:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad