HF Habs: Official 2024 HFHabs Mock NHL Draft (COMPLETE)

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Ok, the auto is North American, so Arizona selects Jack Pridham (W) from West Kelowna (BCHL).

That brings us to Boston, which is @SOLR

He asked to be autoed, so his is European. Boston selects Eerik Wallenius (LD), HPK Jr. (U20 SM-sarja).

Next pick is NYR, which is me.

Last edited:

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Ok, the auto is North American, so Arizona selects Jack Pridham (W) from West Kelowna (BCHL).

He asked to be autoed, so his is European. Boston selects Roman Shokhrin (LD), Loko-76 Yaroslavl (MHL).

Thanks bud, from Amsterdam in one piece despite having been tattooed a dutch flag on the forehead (Kings day)

Enjoy, went there for my honeymoon and we f***ing loved it.

I'm a recurring visitor for work ;)

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
With their final pick of the draft, the New York Rangers are pleased to select Joona Saarelainen (F), Kalpa (U20 SM-Sarja)

bopeep

Jan 22, 2004
bc

He asked to be autoed, so his is European. Boston selects Roman Shokhrin (LD), Loko-76 Yaroslavl (MHL).

Winnipeg took Shokhrin at #153

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
NYR's final draft:

1. 32nd OA: John Mustard (F) - Waterloo Blackhawks (USHL) / Providence College (Hockey East - NCAA).

A speedy competitive player, Mustard will need some time at Providence to gain weight, leg strength and clean up his defensive game a bit. He loves to play an inside game, and will challenge defenses off the rush by attacking routes to the net. He doesn't give an inch anywhere on the ice, and gets involved physically. He keeps his feet moving and is difficult to track down. He has small power forward qualities to his game (Hyman before McDavid type).

4. 128th OA: Marcus Gidlof (G) - Leksands IF J20 (J20 Nationell).

He's huge, 6'6. He tracks pucks well through traffic largely because he can get pretty far down to look through legs, while still covering an upper portion of the net. He's an aggressive, challenging goaltender, which is actually something that he'll have reign in a bit at higher levels. He's dominating the junior levels of Swedish hockey, so I expect he moves up to HockeyAllsvenskan next season for a better challenge.

5. 160th OA: Hunter Laing (F): Prince George Cougars (WHL).

He's a center, but can & has played all three forward positions. He's on a deep team, but still put up decent points while playing down the lineup in his rookie season. He's huge, 6'6, and knows how to use his wingspan defensively. His offensive game isn't elite, but he's got a nice set of hands on him for both passing & shooting. He's willing to engage physically, and, while not a goon, is willing to drop the mitts. Unfortunately, his current claim to fame is getting knocked unconscious on a brutal hit against the Vancouver Giants. We think he'll recover and continue to grow his game.

6. 192nd OA: Joona Saarelainen (F) - Kalpa Jr. (U20 SM-Sarja).

The complete opposite of Laing. He's small, only 5'9, but has terrific stickhandling skills and is a water bug on ice. He moves constantly. The puck sticks to him like glue. He's a terrific playmaker both forehand and backhand. He has solid goal scoring instincts too with quick, soft hands. His edges are terrific for his juking. He's needs to gain a bit more power. He doesn't have elite speed. He has a stocky build though & is a hard worker.

Reactions: Mrb1p

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Chicago's draft:

2. Chicago - Ivan Demidov (W) - SKA (MHL)
22. Chicago (from TB): Andrew Basha (W) - Medicine Hat (WHL)
34. Chicago: Charlie Elick (RD) - Brandon Wheat Kings (WHL)
51. Chicago (from Phil via LAK): Spencer Gill (RD) - Rimouski Oceanic (QMJHL)
61. Chicago (from Vancouver): Julius Miettinen (C) - Everett Silvertips (WHL)
66. Chicago: Adam Kleber (RD) - Lincoln Stars (USHL)
71. Chicago (from OTT): Leon Muggli (LD) - EV Zug (NL)
148. Chicago (from Nash): Mael Lavigne (W) - Victoriaville Tigres (QMJHL)
162. Chicago - Artyom Schuchinov (D) - Chelyabinsk (KHL)

I didn't realise #162 was my last pick.

2. Chicago - Ivan Demidov (W) - SKA (MHL)
Demidov may be the most talented player in this draft. He doesn't fit a need per say for Chicago, but at this point, I don't see how you can pass on pure talent. He is an all-around threat and should be part of a Malkin-Crosby or Drai-McDavid dynamic for a decade or more. He will come over in 2025 and needs to add a lot of lower body strength to be effective. I see him as a Clayton Keller clone at the very least.

22. Chicago (from TB): Andrew Basha (W) - Medicine Hat (WHL)
Basha is another "not so needed" pick, but when you look at his play style, you realize that he actually fits a need for the Hawks. He's a work-horse do it all that will make any of the top three lines he plays on just so much better. His talent is undeniable but his true value lies in being a glue guy in the same mold as Yanni Gourde and Ondrej Palat.

34. Chicago: Charlie Elick (RD) - Brandon Wheat Kings (WHL)
I went hard for the need pick after going pure talent with pick #2 and #22. Elick is a massive D with a lot of physical pressure, transition skills and a near-perfect defensive game. The Hawks are incredibly weak at the defensive position and especially weak on the right side. He brings a sure-fire NHL player with upside to be a Tanev-like defender while providing physical pressure. I'd also say his offense is underrated.

51. Chicago (from Phil via LAK): Spencer Gill (RD) - Rimouski Oceanic (QMJHL)
Tall, rangy, athletic and smart to boot. He finds seems with his shot and on top of it all, he has a booming shot from the point. His defensive game needs polishing, but he has a lot of potential as a top 4 defender. I think his IQ shines both offensively and defensively. He's never going to be a Norris winner but he may very well be a staple 2nd pairing D on a cup winner, kind of like Ekholm. I see him at the very least making the show on his size and athletic abilities alone.

61. Chicago (from Vancouver): Julius Miettinen (C) - Everett Silvertips (WHL)
Another freak athletic player. Am I turning into Timmins ? He showed fantastic things as a rookie. A lot of skills, size and he even showed some physicality at times, which is very nice. I'm not sure he has true top 6 upside but at this point it's not exactly what the Hawks need. Size and speed are the name of the game for them.

66. Chicago: Adam Kleber (RD) - Lincoln Stars (USHL)
God another physical freak ? What the hell. Smooth skater, massive body, very young and a lot of physical growth left in his game. He's a pretty high-upside pick even if he hasn't shown a lot of offensive awareness so far in his young career. He's physical to compliment his size but not overly aggressive. He's a long-term project as he's super raw but could pay out massively. I think he goes much closer to the top 30 than 66.

71. Chicago (from OTT): Leon Muggli (LD) - EV Zug (NL)
Another massive trump card. One of the smartest player I've seen this year. Average sized and average tools-wise, although with great skating. He's a bit slanted towards the defensive zone but he has shown to be able to hold the line pretty well offensively. His shot selection is pretty poor though and I wouldn't call his shot an asset. All in all though, he's also gonna get drafted earlier. He's like 140 lbs right now but he tries to push pro players around anyway, I think he's gonna be a menace when he's grown. Kinda like Romanov sans the massives highlight hits (How Romanov has basically been this year.)

148. Chicago (from Nash): Mael Lavigne (W) - Victoriaville Tigres (QMJHL)
Shot in the dark at a guy that's below in the depth chart a little bit. He's an overager and I wish he showed a bit more offensive progression but he did show some progression and I totally fell in love with him in the playoffs. He was a big time gamer. He's also physical and plays a good defensive game. Again, long shot, but at 148 that's what we need.

162. Chicago - Artyom Schuchinov (D) - Chelyabinsk (KHL)
And last but not least, I get a pro defender at 162 ? I'd lie if I said I saw a lot of him, but he was highly regarded coming into this season and he's settled in nicely with Chelyabinsk, it's hard to ask for more with a 6th round pick. He's clearly going higher than that.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
NYR's final draft:

1. 32nd OA: John Mustard (F) - Waterloo Blackhawks (USHL) / Providence College (Hockey East - NCAA).

A speedy competitive player, Mustard will need some time at Providence to gain weight, leg strength and clean up his defensive game a bit. He loves to play an inside game, and will challenge defenses off the rush by attacking routes to the net. He doesn't give an inch anywhere on the ice, and gets involved physically. He keeps his feet moving and is difficult to track down. He has small power forward qualities to his game (Hyman before McDavid type).

4. 128th OA: Marcus Gidlof (G) - Leksands IF J20 (J20 Nationell).

He's huge, 6'6. He tracks pucks well through traffic largely because he can get pretty far down to look through legs, while still covering an upper portion of the net. He's an aggressive, challenging goaltender, which is actually something that he'll have reign in a bit at higher levels. He's dominating the junior levels of Swedish hockey, so I expect he moves up to HockeyAllsvenskan next season for a better challenge.

5. 160th OA: Hunter Laing (F): Prince George Cougars (WHL).

He's a center, but can & has played all three forward positions. He's on a deep team, but still put up decent points while playing down the lineup in his rookie season. He's huge, 6'6, and knows how to use his wingspan defensively. His offensive game isn't elite, but he's got a nice set of hands on him for both passing & shooting. He's willing to engage physically, and, while not a goon, is willing to drop the mitts. Unfortunately, his current claim to fame is getting knocked unconscious on a brutal hit against the Vancouver Giants. We think he'll recover and continue to grow his game.

6. 192nd OA: Joona Saarelainen (F) - Kalpa Jr. (U20 SM-Sarja).

The complete opposite of Laing. He's small, only 5'9, but has terrific stickhandling skills and is a water bug on ice. He moves constantly. The puck sticks to him like glue. He's a terrific playmaker both forehand and backhand. He has solid goal scoring instincts too with quick, soft hands. His edges are terrific for his juking. He's needs to gain a bit more power. He doesn't have elite speed. He has a stocky build though & is a hard worker.

I prefer Ketchup.

Good draft with those draft assets.

Thanks bud, from Amsterdam in one piece despite having been tattooed a dutch flag on the forehead (Kings day)

I'm a recurring visitor for work ;)

The place is much wilder today than St-Jean-Baptiste on the Plain of Abraham if one could imagine that. For all the party fans.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I prefer Ketchup.

Good draft with those draft assets.

The place is much wilder today than St-Jean-Baptiste on the Plain of Abraham if one could imagine that. For all the party fans.
Esti you've never been to a St Jean with Mrb1p and it shows. Once the ziguezon kicks off I'm in total goblin mode.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: Toene and SOLR

Twisted Sinister

Living in Your Head Rent Free
Oct 8, 2014
Was definitely NOT out all day. I'll try and list next time I know that's happening

Kaden Shahan
Committed to University of Connecticut

@Vachon23 has been messaged

Last edited:
Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad