Post-Game Talk: Preds @ Ducks - 9:00

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Tanking for a pick is a phenomena of fickle fans. No legitimate coaching staff or organization is going to do this. Now does this mean the teams will not write off a season and put a pile of rookies on the ice and let the chips fall where they may? Of course they do. But to intentionally attempt to lose games has legal and other ramifications. Ask Pete Rose he did not do this but was merely betting on games in which he had influence to change the outcome.

There is no circumstance where even a fan can make such suggestions and be take serious. No matter how you want to defend it twist words. Call in the grammer Nazi's flame protest or cry in your beer. Suggesting a team tank leaves ones credibility in question.

twig

Dec 8, 2013
This is why the draft should be a complete lottery, just not a lottery for #1. Draw for every pick in positions 1-14.

I don't watch and pay to go to these games for a loss, I watch and pay to go see a win. Sorry.

I watch and pay to be ,entertained, win or lose.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
I watch and pay to be ,entertained, win or lose.

I agree, but there have been far to many games this season that were not close to being entertaining. Winning does make it more enjoyable. This team continues to make one scratch ones head. Play a game like last night or play ones like the flames game where they game up Nystorms 4 goals for a loss.

I Will Son

An Army of One
Feb 15, 2010
Nashville
You know the only reason we all want a higher draft pick is because we want this team to be better in the future.. We never have the ability to draft high and we are always stuck getting the "safe" players.. I guess you could say it's the only way some of us see us getting the player(s) we have always lacked.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
You know the only reason we all want a higher draft pick is because we want this team to be better in the future.. We never have the ability to draft high and we are always stuck getting the "safe" players.. I guess you could say it's the only way some of us see us getting the player(s) we have always lacked.

beautifully said ... /thread

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
I don't have a problem with winning. I just don't see the point with winning with Clune in the lineup, etc.

I guess I'm the only one that doesn't understand the hate that clune gets. The guy plays his ass off every shift. He may not be a good offensive player but he plays his role and plays it damn well.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
The notion that a group of players would purposely tank and lose at the professional level is crazy. Why would guys who livelihood depends on stats and playing well purposely play bad?

I once saw Mike Golic answer this very question, and to sum it up, he would of punched the owner/coach/GM in the face if he was asked to play worse, professionals just don't do that.

The entire team tanking is something created by fans to explain the fact that players had reached the point where they didn't give a crap anymore and were just showing up for the pay check. It has nothing to do with the team itself.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I guess I'm the only one that doesn't understand the hate that clune gets. The guy plays his ass off every shift. He may not be a good offensive player but he plays his role and plays it damn well.

You aren't the only one. Look I understand the guy has zero offensive talent, but he plays hard and does what he can. Do I think he should be on the team? No, but I can at least respect the fact he tries like hell and support that until he is no longer with the team.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN

It isn't hate. I agree with what you just said. I also agree with the post above this.

My point is this - if you are out of the playoffs, many teams will give their youn players an increased role. We call up Van Guilder and start Clune every night with 8-14 minutes TOI.

This is the perfect moment to call up Beck or Watson or a few others to see what they have. We know what Clune brings.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
It isn't hate. I agree with what you just said. I also agree with the post above this.

My point is this - if you are out of the playoffs, many teams will give their youn players an increased role. We call up Van Guilder and start Clune every night with 8-14 minutes TOI.

This is the perfect moment to call up Beck or Watson or a few others to see what they have. We know what Clune brings.

I can agree with that, but oddly enough if you listen to interviews here lately these guys at least publicly are still thinking they can make the playoffs. Hard to argue to put a call up in if you are still playing like you have a shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00