Post-Game Talk: Preds @ Ducks - 9:00

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Great to see the team get another win. Glad to see the team not pushing the losing culture on the call-ups. I just don't get the calls to tank.

Exactly- people want us to tank so we can pick 6th instead of 8th or 9th??????

RIDICULOUS

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Great to see the team get another win. Glad to see the team not pushing the losing culture on the call-ups. I just don't get the calls to tank.

I'm with you. I'm naive and just expect the team to "go out and do their best" no matter how far out of the race, but I wouldn't fight it. You'll just get into the whole "we could have had Steven Stamkos but because we won meaningless games we got Colin Wilson, etc...." My advice is just try to ignore it and root how you want. ;)

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Exactly- people want us to tank so we can pick 6th instead of 8th or 9th??????

RIDICULOUS

I don't actively want us to lose, but at this point in the season when we are obviously not going to make the play offs and we obviously need to restructure our forwards I'm OK with it if we do lose.

With that said, it's entertaining as **** when we win.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
we finally get back to picking 6th and are now up to 9/10/11

This is why the draft should be a complete lottery, just not a lottery for #1. Draw for every pick in positions 1-14.

I don't watch and pay to go to these games for a loss, I watch and pay to go see a win. Sorry.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I don't actively want us to lose, but at this point in the season when we are obviously not going to make the play offs and we obviously need to restructure our forwards I'm OK with it if we do lose.

With that said, it's entertaining as **** when we win.

I get that, and I could SORT OF get on board with losing if I thought it would be a huge benefit in the draft- at the end of the last season I did think losing would greatly benefit us..... But this year?? To move 2 or 3 spots and pick 6th instead of 9th? No way I am rooting for losses for that......

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
How can someone with 1 assist get 2nd star over someone with 2 goals and 1 assist? crazy.

3 Stars.

1-Wilson, 2-Maroon, 3-Hornqvist

dulzhok

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
It's pretty easy to explain.. short-term pain for long term gain.

If we had gotten MacKinnon last year, I'm sure a few loses here and there would've been lone forgotten by now.

Jones is certainly going to better for the future viability of our franchise than than say Samuel Morin.

Pretty sure Pittsburgh has long forgotten a few loses that got them Malkin as opposed to Olesz a few spot later.

Not saying it's the way to go, but one can certainly see the appeal.

1stLineCottonCandy

Apr 7, 2013
Chattanooga
It's pretty easy to explain.. short-term pain for long term gain.

If we had gotten MacKinnon last year, I'm sure a few loses here and there would've been lone forgotten by now.

Jones is certainly going to better for the future viability of our franchise than than say Samuel Morin.

Pretty sure Pittsburgh has long forgotten a few loses that got them Malkin as opposed to Olesz a few spot later.

Not saying it's the way to go, but one can certainly see the appeal.

Your talking number one overall though which we have no shot at

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
How can someone with 1 assist get 2nd star over someone with 2 goals and 1 assist? crazy.

3 Stars.

Stars are voted on by the home town media. That's pretty much all you need to know.

MrMariusz

Nov 13, 2007
Belgium
So frustating that we are gonna finish very close to a playoff spot. A few less clown attempts in the shootout, Rinne back a little earlier,...

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
(Leaves keys to the Central Division basement in Winnipeg's mailbox)

"Here you go! There's a fridge in the corner. No beer, sorry; we had to give it to the horses. Anaheim's great, wish you were here. Love, Gnash."

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net

3 Stars.

In a non-shutout game where the home team loses, the guy who scored a goal or had multiple points for the home team practically always gets the #2 star.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
I don't have a problem with winning. I just don't see the point with winning with Clune in the lineup, etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad