Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
4dzcnv156rs31.jpg

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Surly they wouldn't put the full tiger on a jersey.
I'm still sticking that it's just going to be script Nashville Predators across the front.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
The hat looks like the tiger is mad talking to itself. Also, has the body of bear/bison hybrid. Wish the body was blue and gold instead of black and gold.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
The hat looks like the tiger is mad talking to itself. Also, has the body of bear/bison hybrid. Wish the body was blue and gold instead of black and gold.
I'm thinking that it's navy blue. Picture probably makes it look that dark.

Reactions: bdub24

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
I dunno about you guys, but when I was learning dinosaurs in school my teacher called them things sabertooth tigers, nobody ever said saber tooth falafel or whutever

Reactions: sparkle twin

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
I dunno about you guys, but when I was learning dinosaurs in school my teacher called them things sabertooth tigers, nobody ever said sabre tooth falafel or whutever
Please ... PLEASE ... be satire.

Calling a saber tooth cat (genus Smilodon) a tiger doesn't make it so any more than calling a koala a bear makes that a reality. If your teacher mixed dinosaurs and large mammals together, you should probably go shoot hockey pucks at them given the over 45 million years between the two.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Please ... PLEASE ... be satire.

Calling a sabre tooth cat (genus Smilodon) a tiger doesn't make it so any more than calling a koala a bear makes that a reality. If your teacher mixed dinosaurs and large mammals together, you should probably go shoot hockey pucks at them given the over 45 million years between the two.
Like almost all of my posts, it's 90% satirical. But growing up....it wasn't called anything but a sabretooth tiger....

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Well if you really wanna get down to it, no one that has been alive in the last several centuries was even alive to see the dang things. We are going of a fossil record that is often incomplete and has a whole lot of people making a whole lot of educated guesses sometimes.

Generally you see them look like Bobcats or mountain lions with big teeth, but last I looked they ain't exactly too many photos of an actual sabertooth cat lying around.

Make it pink and give it green stripes for all I care, ain't like any of us are exactly experts in the field.

Reactions: sparkle twin

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Well if you really wanna get down to it, no one that has been alive in the last several centuries was even alive to see the dang things. We are going of a fossil record that is often incomplete and has a whole lot of people making a whole lot of educated guesses sometimes.

Generally you see them look like Bobcats or mountain lions with big teeth, but last I looked they ain't exactly too many photos of an actual sabertooth cat lying around.

Make it pink and give it green stripes for all I care, ain't like any of us are exactly experts in the field.

I believe it's pretty well established from our logo that sabertooth cats were blue and yellow.

Also, I'm a geologist and work in a department with a paleontologist who is an expert on North American megafauna so I could try and get him on the board to be the resident expert on sabertooth cats if need be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad