Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Stutzle Stepan Dadonov
Brady White Batherson
Norris Tierney Brown
Paul Paquette Watson
Gal Chaplik Balcers
Arti

* I’d rather see Norris as 2C and White as 3C or 4RW. Norris could also play 3C with CT playing LW.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
I think if either of them prove they’re ready, Galchenyuk will be scratched pretty quickly.

Tkachuk - Tierney - Batherson
Stuetzle - Stepan - Dadonov
C.Brown - Norris - White
Paul - Paquette - Watson

Also wouldn’t surprise me if Tierney is moved out mid-season and Stepan is gone at the deadline, depending on our place in the standings and their development.
I’d be surprised. He has a two year contract at a reasonable cap hit, and is a serviceable player.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Tkachuk- White-Dadonov
Stuetzle- Stepan- C Brown
Chucky - Tierney - Paul/Anisimov
Anisimov/Paul-Paquette-Watson

Extras: Balcers/Chlapik

Extras rotate in according to injuries and for anyone in the bottom 6 not named Tierney

Prospects have to kick the door down to earn a spot with the team or as injuries happen

Chabot-Gudbranson
Wolanin-Zaistev
Reilly/Coburn-Brown/Jaros

Bottom pairing rotates in and out.

Murray
Hogberg

Puts the roster at 25 players. So 2-4 players on the taxi squad.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Hopefully:

Tkachuk - Tierney - Dadonov
Galchenyuk - Stepan - White
Brown - ?????? - Batherson
Paul - Paquette - Watson
Balcers

Chabot - Gudbranson
Wolanin - Zaitsev
Brannstrom - Coburn
Reilly, Brown

Murray
Hogberg

?????? = better of Brown, Norris (other goes to Belleville)

With Anisimov traded, Stuetzle in Belleville or loaned back to Mannheim (if possible)

Once the AHL starts back up, the taxi squad should be filled with plugs like Peca, Shaw, etc... and not good prospects. They should be playing games and not sitting in the pressbox.

Tap on the Ankle

Jun 9, 2004
Ottawa
Just forward depth of guys who are already full-time NHLers

C:
Tierney
Stepan
White
Paquette
Anisimov

LW:
Tkachuk
Paul
Galchenyuk

RW:
Dadonov
Batherson (maybe not technically full-timer yet but I think he's definitely is from now on)
C.Brown
Watson

that's a full roster right there but I bet one of Galchenyuk/Anisimov sits with Stutzle most likely making it as a top 6 LW. After that it's hard to say, could see any one of L.Brown/Balcers/Norris/Formenton/Abramov pushing for a spot, most likely at the expense of whichever of those 2 guys didn't lose the spot to Stutzle.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Tkachuk - Stepan - Batherson
Stuetzle - Tierney - Dadanov
Gally - White - Brown
Paul - Paquette - Watson

Anisimov

Last edited:

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Tkachuk White Dadonov
Stuetzle Stepan C Brown
Galchenyuk L Brown Batherson
Tierney Paquette Watson

Chabot Zaitsev
Brannstrom Gudbranstrom
Reilly Brown

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Absolutely LOVE our 4th line!!!!

Paul- Paquette - Watson
0d871-15423535314080-800.jpg

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Tkachuk - White - Dadonov
Stuetzle - Stepan - Batherson
Galchenyuk - Tierney - Brown
Paul - Paquette - Watson
Chlapik
Anisimov

Chabot - Gudbranson
Wolanin - Zaitsev
Reilly - Brown
Coburn

Murray
Hogberg

Doesn't look like there is much roster flexibility to rotate players in and out from the taxi squad unless the Senators are willing to start waiving people. The only players on the above roster that are exempt from waivers are Tkachuk, Stuetzle and Batherson. So I guess the plan is to just stack Belleville.

Either way it looks like we'll be placing a lot of interesting names on waivers: Chlapik, Anisimov, Balcers, Jaros, Lajoie, Coburn, and Reilly are all in the mix to be waived.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Tkachuk - C. White - Batherson
Norris - Tierney - C.Brown
Paul - Paquette - Watson
Chlapik
Galchenyuk
Anisimov
L. Brown
Abramov
Formenton
Balcers

That's a lot of forwards......

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Anyone know how many spares we can have on the roster? If nothing changes I expect:

Tkachuk-Stepan-Batherson

Stuetzle-Tierney-Dadanov

Galchenyuk-White-C.Brown

Paul-Paquette-Watson

Haley-Anisimov

Chabot-Gudbranson

Wolanin-Zaitsev

Brannstrom-J.Brown

Reilly-Zub

Coburn

Love it. Rotate Norris and Brown whenever injuries happen. Trade-deadline deal any of the following who don't fit in long term or if a prospect is proving themselves in their stints: Stepan, Galchenyuk, Cobourn, Gudbranson etc.

Reactions: Clayonator

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Tkachuk - White - Dadonov
Stuetzle - Stepan - Batherson
Galchenyuk - Tierney - Brown
Paul - Paquette - Watson
Chlapik
Anisimov

Chabot - Gudbranson
Wolanin - Zaitsev
Reilly - Brown
Coburn

Murray
Hogberg

Doesn't look like there is much roster flexibility to rotate players in and out from the taxi squad unless the Senators are willing to start waiving people. The only players on the above roster that are exempt from waivers are Tkachuk, Stuetzle and Batherson. So I guess the plan is to just stack Belleville.

Either way it looks like we'll be placing a lot of interesting names on waivers: Chlapik, Anisimov, Balcers, Jaros, Lajoie, Coburn, and Reilly are all in the mix to be waived.

You might end up getting that 2nd rounder FOR FREE!! But I see you might keep Paquette anyways so...

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Set the foundation straight. Start with the bottom!

Paul - Paquette - Watson
Galchenyuk - Tierney - Up4G'bs
Anisimov - White - Brown
Tkachuk - Stepan - Dadonov

--- reverse --- (or mirroring) ----

Balcers - Norris - Batherson
Formenton - L. Brown - Abramov
Stuetzle - Chlapik - Shaw

Last edited:

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Tkachuk - C. White - Batherson
Norris - Tierney - C.Brown
Paul - Paquette - Watson
Chlapik
Galchenyuk
Anisimov
L. Brown
Abramov
Formenton
Balcers

That's a lot of forwards......

Agreed.....but its a weird ass year, and Im okay with Dorion kicking the can down the road by one year so to speak. There will be injuries - more than usual with the truncated schedule. And Covid is going to pop its stupid head up more likely than not. So my guess is that we see a really fluid roster next season, and guys will be coming in and out of the lineup constantly.

So long as the AHL north division is still a go, and the young players left out of the rotation are still getting some games in this upcoming season, then Im okay with the extra NHL-capable bodies being handy for us this year.

And I truly do believe that our team is going to make life miserable for these other North Division teams, which are all on shaky ground imo. We already decided that pure truculence was the direction we wanted to go in this year, so f*** it, lets go all in and rattle some cages.

And theres something about this all Canadian division that will make the tears twice as salty and delicious as they normally would be. Especially if we start passing some underachievers in the standings at some point. The amount of hate flowing here would be enough to make old Emperor Palpatine on the other side of the universe go from 6 o'clock to midnight :naughty:.

Last edited:
Reactions: derriko

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
This is likely what they go with to start the season. Looks like another season of L. Brown in the minors. Its really the Galchenyuk signing I dont understand.

Tkachuk Tierney Batherson
Stuetzle Stepan Dadonov
Galchenyuk White C. Brown
Paul Paquette Watson
Balcers Anisimov Chlapik

Chabot Gudbranson
Wolanin Zaitsev
Reilly Brown
Coburn Zub

Murray
Hogberg

Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner