Vesey-Ferraro-Jaskin
Griffith

Chara/Shattenkirk
Seidenberg/Krug
McQuaid/C. Miller
Morrow

Rask
Subban

Bruins get a top-pair D and more size on the wing. StL gets Deeper at C. Shattenkirk/Jaskin for Spooner/Koko/1st/+. Re-sign Kelly.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
How high do people go with offering Loui a contract?

Me I don't offer him a contract at all.

Got no interest in paying big bucks for aging wingers when they'll need money to re-sign Pastrnak next year, Vatrano the year after that, and who knows maybe even Vesey the same year as Vatrano as he's likely going to get a 2-year deal from someone this summer.

Save the cash, invest it on the D. You can't have 5-6 wingers making approx. 4 million per and above in a cap system.

If the Bruins had to trade one of Vatrano or Pastrnak because they can't afford one of them with Eriksson's deal on the books, that will be criminal.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Me I don't offer him a contract at all.

Got no interest in paying big bucks for aging wingers when they'll need money to re-sign Pastrnak next year, Vatrano the year after that, and who knows maybe even Vesey the same year as Vatrano as he's likely going to get a 2-year deal from someone this summer.

Save the cash, invest it on the D. You can't have 5-6 wingers making approx. 4 million per and above in a cap system.

If the Bruins had to trade one of Vatrano or Pastrnak because they can't afford one of them with Eriksson's deal on the books, that will be criminal.

Vesey can only sign a two year deal. ELC length is based on age of signing

18-21 : 3 years
22-23 : 2 years
24 : 1 year

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Vesey can only sign a two year deal. ELC length is based on age of signing

18-21 : 3 years
22-23 : 2 years
24 : 1 year

Ah I always wondered why some NCAA guys only signed 2-year deals coming out of college.

So let's assume Vesey becomes a Bruin, Marchand is extended, and Pasta and Vatrano develop as expected, sign Eriksson and you got 6 high-priced wingers come the 18-19 season.

Yes you could move Belesky, but your still left with 5, which is still one or two too many in a cap system IMO. Wasteful spending when investing in C and D is the way to go in today's game.

If a team finds itself looking like a contender at the deadline and in need of a Top 9 winger on an expiring contract, that is easy acquired provided the team has some cap space left. Top 9 C and Top 4 D there are no guarantees you can even find one at the deadline.

amazingcrwns

drop the puck
Feb 13, 2003
Western MA
Visit site
How high do people go with offering Loui a contract?

I like Loui, but I think his time in Boston is over. When it comes to allocating salary cap space, I think Marchand, Pastrnak, Krug, Spooner, and a top pairing defenseman are all higher priorities than Eriksson.

If Loui hits UFA and he's not getting the offers we all expect him to. I'd offer him the choice.
4 yrs $24M,
5 yrs $27.5M, or
6 yrs $30M.

I can't imagine he'd take that though. He'll get 5/32.5 from someone.

ska8ter8808

Jul 3, 2006
Massachusetts
Fake world wants:

March-Bergy-Vatrano
Belesky - Spooner - Pasta
(Heinen/Griffith/Senyshn)- R. Sheahan-Vesey

Lindholm - Krug
Demers - Scandella
C Miller - K Miller

Rask
Subban

What I expect:
Same team plus Yandle

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
New lines adding Loui in

37/63/88

Vesey/46/21

Absurd too 6

39/51/.?
72/55/?

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Not what I want, but prediction:

Marchand Bergeron Pasta
Vesey Krejci Eriksson
Beleksey Spooner Hayes
Vatrano Accari Connolly
Chara Colin
Krug McQuaid
Yandle Seidenberg

Kev Bruin

Mar 23, 2002
Rich Valley, Alberta
Visit site
My Bruins moves this summer. McQuiad and our 1st and our 2017 3rd to Anaheim for Vatanen and their 2016 1st. I would aquire Faulk from Carolina for Zboril and Edmonton's 2nd (or isles this year)& Giffith. Then I call Benning. Hayes, Morrow and Koko and the rights to His son for Edler.

Chara/Vats (12.5 million)
Edler/Faulk (9.83 million)
Krug/ Seids(9 million)
Added 15.5 million in and moved out about 6 million

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
My Bruins moves this summer. McQuiad and our 1st and our 2017 3rd to Anaheim for Vatanen and their 2016 1st. I would aquire Faulk from Carolina for Zboril and Edmonton's 2nd (or isles this year)& Giffith. Then I call Benning. Hayes, Morrow and Koko and the rights to His son for Edler.

Chara/Vats (12.5 million)
Edler/Faulk (9.83 million)
Krug/ Seids(9 million)
Added 15.5 million in and moved out about 6 million

You really think Carolina even considers that horrible offer for a stud number 1 who has not even hit his prime yet?

Would you move Bergeron for a mid level prospect, 2nd and ahl forward? Because Faulk is to Carolina as Bergeron is to Boston. Except younger and cheaper.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Sign Vesey, Martin, Yandle

Marchand Bergeron XX
Vesey Krejci Pastrnak
Beleskey Spooner XX
Vatrano XX Martin

Chara xx
Yandle xx
Krug Mcquaid

Rask
XX

No idea how much is left. Need a first line right wing to be competitive, at least another top 4 besides Yandle and hope some young guys take a big step. I don't expect playoffs again next year.

amazingcrwns

drop the puck
Feb 13, 2003
Western MA
Visit site
What a mess... Let's go with a band-aid to replace Eriksson by bringing back Stempniak. I think Senyshyn's the long term solution at RW next to PB37 and BM63, so we need a 1 year fill-in.

Defense needs an overhaul, but Seidenberg isn't going anywhere. Out with K.Miller and Trotman, in with Demers and Yandle. Seidenberg to the right side next to Yandle.

Marchand - Bergeron - Stempniak
Beleskey - Krejci - Pastrnak
Vatrano - Spooner - Connolly
Ferraro - Acciari - Hayes

Chara - Demers
Yandle - Seidenberg
Morrow/Krug - McQuaid

Rask
Subban

C. Miller and C. Kelly (yep, sorry) watch from the press box and fill in for injuries.

Needs work, but while Sweeney will try, I don't think he'll be able to pry Brodin, Trouba, or someone similar away from their current teams at a reasonable price.

I'm amending this after Vatrano's play on his off-wing at the world championships.

Out with Stempniak, in with Vesey, switch Vatrano to the right side.

Marchand - Bergeron - Connolly
Vesey - Krejci - Pastrnak
Beleskey - Spooner - Vatrano
Ferraro - Acciari - Hayes

Chara - Demers
Yandle - Seidenberg
Morrow/Krug - McQuaid

Rask
Subban

Thrive

Scoish Velociraptor Maloish
Jan 10, 2009
Massachusetts
Kelly - Spooner - Hayes
Vatrano - Acciari - Ferraro
Randell

Chara - K. Miller
Krug - McQuaid
Seidenberg - Trotman
Morrow

Rask
Subban

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I'm surprised that so many people are penciling in Vatrano on the 4th line.

IMO, if the season were to start tomorrow, he'd be our 3rd best winger.

I think they should be looking at ways for him to play with Krejci.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
We need a decent rw. We might have the worst set of rw in the league. Need to shed so, e space and for it with a legitimate top line rw, and two top 4 dmen. Good luck.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I'm surprised that so many people are penciling in Vatrano on the 4th line.

IMO, if the season were to start tomorrow, he'd be our 3rd best winger.

I think they should be looking at ways for him to play with Krejci.

He and Acciari were out-rage-us in Providence plus you do the Marchand fourth line stint and get a scoring threat down there - Chicago has been doing this

Plus when Frank turns into Brett Hull I can complain Clode mishandled him by playing him on the fourth line;)

Espresso Martini

Apr 12, 2016
Kelly - Spooner - Hayes
Vatrano - Acciari - Ferraro
Randell

Chara - K. Miller
Krug - McQuaid
Seidenberg - Trotman
Morrow

Rask
Subban

These lines make me sad - Connolly on the 1st line....why? Kelly and Hayes on the 3rd .....why? At least this way they won't just miss the playoffs.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
We need a decent rw. We might have the worst set of rw in the league. Need to shed so, e space and for it with a legitimate top line rw, and two top 4 dmen. Good luck.

That is why Loui in play; you think Claude doesn't want Loui:laugh:

I'm not saying it will happen but don't be shocked

If he was even 2 years younger but he's probably looking at at least 5 years

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
He and Acciari were out-rage-us in Providence plus you do the Marchand fourth line stint and get a scoring threat down there - Chicago has been doing this

Plus when Frank turns into Brett Hull I can complain Clode mishandled him by playing him on the fourth line;)

Marchand didn't stay on the 4th line for long. I just think Vatrano's needed further up the lineup. I think he's going to score 25+ next year. Jimmy "Mays" Hayes can be your fourth line scorer.

I'm also not completely sold on Acciari as the answer to the 4th line center spot... I'm not saying he can't grow into that role, but he was weak on draws (44%), provided no offense and was -4 in 19 games even though he was getting just 9 minutes of ice time a game.

I'd like to see them sign Ryan White to a 1yr deal. He's 28 so he's not old, he scored 11 goals last year, he hits, he fights, he kills penalties and he won 52.4% of his draws. That would give Acciari some time to ease into the role.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I fully expect Vatrano to work his way up the lineup and push Hayes out of the top 9. Where exactly is an interesting question. I also think that if you re-sign Eriksson, the forward group has a chance to be the best group in the Claude era and one of the very best in the league.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005

1 year rental of Radim Vrbata, should be cheap coming off a down year but I think he'd be great with Krejci.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I predict a prospect or two make and stick with the big club this year.

My guesses are Senyshyn and Carlo

I've asked this before, not to be a wise guy, but because I seriously don't know:

Who was the last Dman taken in the 2nd round, that played in the NHL in his draft +2 year?

You are asking him to do what guys like Hamilton and Trouba did, and they were taken very high in the 1st. You just don't see 2nd round Dmen in the league. The closest I can think of is Mirco Mueller who was taken around 20-25 I think, and it was a bad decision that has hurt his development.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I've asked this before, not to be a wise guy, but because I seriously don't know:

Who was the last Dman taken in the 2nd round, that played in the NHL in his draft +2 year?

You are asking him to do what guys like Hamilton and Trouba did, and they were taken very high in the 1st. You just don't see 2nd round Dmen in the league. The closest I can think of is Mirco Mueller who was taken around 20-25 I think, and it was a bad decision that has hurt his development.

not typically no, but from what I`ve been reading about Carlo, I wouldn`t be one bit shocked if he, maybe an O`Gara makes the big club. Now, I wouldn`t put them anywhere other than a 5th/6th spot and I also would expect the prospect to sit upstairs from time to time.

Just wouldn`t shock me at all, but I am one who believes, when the puck drops for the 2016/17 season, we will NOT be looking at close to the same bodies on D that they have now

As for your question about 2nd rounders playing in year 2, no idea, there has got to be someone who has however, you look at Parayko for the Blues, not 100% sure but I thought I heard in the broadcast the other night, them mentioning he`s played less than 25 AHL games, he`s a 3rd rounder I believe?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad