Line Combos: Predict Your 16/17 Lineup

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
The only way Bruins get Stamkos is if Don trades Krejci. Trade Krejci + 1st + McQuaid to Minny for Brodin

Sign Stamkos if he wants to come, sign Vesey and Yandle and now the Bruins are in Business

Vesey-Bergeron-Marchand
Vatrano-Stamkos-Pastrnak
Beleskey-Spooner-Hayes/Connolly
4th line

Brodin-Yandle
Chara-C. Miller
Krug-K. Miller

Dump Seids anywhere

Why?

If you bring in Stamkos, and Bergeron is going nowhere, you have to choose between Spooner and Krejci.

Why not move Spooner instead. As long as Claude is coach, Krejci is far and away a better fit for the Julien system. Your paying Spooner in a year anyways.

Which would you rather in two seasons?

Stamkos - 10 million
Bergeron - 6.75 million
Spooner - 4.5 million

or

Stamkos - 10 million
Bergeron - 6.75 million
Krejci - 7.25 million

Give me the 2nd group if the difference is 2.5 to 3.0 million.

Now normally I'd keep the younger guy, but I think Spooner's days at C are done under Claude if they can find a replacement.

And in a trade Spooner probably has more value. Cost controlled for one more year vs. signed to a long-term expensive deal, younger, not injury prone like Krejci. Your more likely to get the D-man you want dangling Spooner as oppose to Krejci.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Why?

If you bring in Stamkos, and Bergeron is going nowhere, you have to choose between Spooner and Krejci.

Why not move Spooner instead. As long as Claude is coach, Krejci is far and away a better fit for the Julien system. Your paying Spooner in a year anyways.

Which would you rather in two seasons?

Stamkos - 10 million
Bergeron - 6.75 million
Spooner - 4.5 million

or

Stamkos - 10 million
Bergeron - 6.75 million
Krejci - 7.25 million

Give me the 2nd group if the difference is 2.5 to 3.0 million.

Now normally I'd keep the younger guy, but I think Spooner's days at C are done under Claude if they can find a replacement.

And in a trade Spooner probably has more value. Cost controlled for one more year vs. signed to a long-term expensive deal, younger, not injury prone like Krejci. Your more likely to get the D-man you want dangling Spooner as oppose to Krejci.

I think Spooner may have better trade value right now anyway, he proved he can play in the league and is still on a cheap contract, that right there would have teams interested. I would look at Spooner, Morrow/McQuaid, Koko and Hayes for Brodin and Coyle.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I think Spooner may have better trade value right now anyway, he proved he can play in the league and is still on a cheap contract, that right there would have teams interested. I would look at Spooner, Morrow/McQuaid, Koko and Hayes for Brodin and Coyle.

Agree.

I think many overrate Krejci's trade value, and underrate Spooner's.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
The only way Bruins get Stamkos is if Don trades Krejci. Trade Krejci + 1st + McQuaid to Minny for Brodin

Honestly this seems like a huge overpayment to me. I like Brodin, and he is young, but he is not a real #1, since he brings almost nothing in the offensive zone.

Boston is giving up a legitimate proven #1 center, a first round pick, and a solid 4/5 defender who is locked up for 3 years at low money

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
There's nothing that says that Krejci or Bergeron couldn't go and play RW. I think it would be a little bit of a waste of assets, but they could make it work I'm sure. Spooner could also move to wing, but they have alot of LWs.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Marchand-Bergeron-Stempniak
Beleskey-Krejci-Pastrnak
Vesey-Berglund-Connolly
Vatrano-Acciari-Hayes

Chara-Shattenkirk
Krug-Dumba
Morrow-Miller
Chiller

Allen
Subban

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
There's nothing that says that Krejci or Bergeron couldn't go and play RW. I think it would be a little bit of a waste of assets, but they could make it work I'm sure. Spooner could also move to wing, but they have alot of LWs.

Why would they put this generations best face-off man and two-way center on the wing?

They tried the Krejci to wing experiment late in 2015 season. It was mixed results to say the least. Krejci wasn't 100% but still.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad