May 15, 2014
Marchand/Bergeron/Shaw
Beleskey/Krejci/Pastrnak
Vatrano/Czarnik/Stewart
Blidh/Acciari/Randell

Chara/Shattenkirk
Krug/Wideman
Cross/McQuaid

2016 2nd round pick and Brian Ferlin to Chicago for Andrew Shaw.
Ryan Spooner and Sharks 1st to St. Louis for Kevin Shattenkirk.
Dennis Seidenberg and Seth Griffith to Calgary for Dennis Wideman.
Jimmy Hayes to Arizona for a 2016 6th round pick.
The Bruins sign Chris Stewart to a 1 year deal.

All predictions, don't get upset.

Last edited:

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
I got it is max 3 players different than what we saw this year and only one in a meaningful spot (line 2). I think they like K-Miller a lot and bring him back, and I think Chiller gets more ice time. I don't see them giving up on Morrow either, so that's your 6D right there. Vessey on the Marchand line, Spooner as the 3rd line C, and the 4th line will have the usual suspects from this year. Backup goalie is anyone's guess.

PatriceBergeron

Apr 7, 2014
MA
Ladd-Krejci-Pastrnak
Marchand-Bergeron-Okposo
Vatrano-Spooner-Connolly
Ferraro-Acciari-Randell

Chara-Goligoski
Seidenberg-Demers
Krug-Miller

Trade Hayes and McQuaid. Rask if you still need more cap space.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Are we doing predictions, or wishlists? Because the difference between the two is pretty big. I mean predicting Okposo/Ladd/Goligoski and 2 trades is pretty far out there as predictions go. Like I could predict I wake up sleeping beside Megan Fox tomorrow too.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
beleskey-krejci-pastrnak
Marchand-bergeron-stempniak
Vatrano-spooner-heinen
Ferraro-acciari-connolly
Hayes

Chara-Demers
Seidenberg-c miller
Krug-mcquaid
Morrow

Rask
Subban

tburns21

Jul 22, 2015
I think DS will play the free agent market pretty conservative. he may take a run at KO and Stammer but other than that the only two guys I could see him adding if they're available would be mcginn or stewart for the 3rd line RW. I'm not counting my vesey egg before it hatches. I think he may be active on the trade front to bring some stability to the back end and/or free up some money.

Marchand-Bergy-Connolly
Belesky-Krecji-Pasta
Vatrano-spooner/czarnik-Stewart/mcginn
hayes-acciari-randell

chara-"who knows" (demers maybe)
Krug-Mcquaid/K miller
Seids-Chiller
morrow

i like the idea of moving griff and seids (no retention) for wideman and a pick, but then they won't need k miller.

given the strength down the left side of the F group I could see DS offering a few FA on the RW some contracts or making a trade for one plus a dman in a bigger deal.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Think the team`s going to give any and all kids a legit shot, not even going to attempt to name the lineup up and down but there will be a true top 4 D-man added, and I predict a kid like Senyshyn makes it impossible to send back to Junior and keep him for at least an early season look.

On D, I think one of Carlo or O`Gara breaks camp with the big team with Miller and Seids both gone

amazingcrwns

drop the puck
Feb 13, 2003
Western MA
Visit site
What a mess... Let's go with a band-aid to replace Eriksson by bringing back Stempniak. I think Senyshyn's the long term solution at RW next to PB37 and BM63, so we need a 1 year fill-in.

Defense needs an overhaul, but Seidenberg isn't going anywhere. Out with K.Miller and Trotman, in with Demers and Yandle. Seidenberg to the right side next to Yandle.

Marchand - Bergeron - Stempniak
Beleskey - Krejci - Pastrnak
Vitrano - Spooner - Connolly
Ferraro - Acciari - Hayes

Chara - Demers
Yandle - Seidenberg
Morrow/Krug - McQuaid

Rask
Subban

C. Miller and C. Kelly (yep, sorry) watch from the press box and fill in for injuries.

Needs work, but while Sweeney will try, I don't think he'll be able to pry Brodin, Trouba, or someone similar away from their current teams at a reasonable price.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Beleskey-Krejci-Pastrnak
Marchand-Bergeron-Connolly
Vesey-Spooner-Ferlin
Vatrano-Acciari-Ferraro
Randell-Hayes

Chara-Demers
Krug-McQuaid
Seidenberg-Colin
Morrow

Rask - Subban

Expansion Protected

F:
Bergeron, Krejci, Marchand, Pastrnak, Spooner
Exempt - Vatrano, Acciari, Vesey

D:
Chara, Krug, Demers

G:
Rask

Exposed :

Seidenberg, McQuaid, Morrow, Connolly, Subban, Randell, Ferraro, Colin, Hayes, Beleskey, Ferlin

Pay the expansion team to take Seidenberg or Hayes.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
My prediction on what will happen (not what I want to happen).

Belesky - Krejci - Pastrnak
Vesey - Spooner - Hayes
Vatrano - Acciari - Connolly

Extras: Randell, Ferraro

Chara - K.Miller
Krug - McQuaid
Seidenberg - C.Miller

Extras: Trotman

Reimer
C.Johnson

Rask dealt for futures, need that precious cap flexibility (sarcasm)

Morrow dealt for a late rd. pick

Bruins get shut out on all the available Top 4 D via trade and UFA.

Eriksson walks, no significant UFA forwards can be convinced to come to Boston except Vesey.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Vesey - Spooner - Hayes

Chara - K.Miller
Krug - McQuaid
Seidenberg - C.Miller

Reimer
C.Johnson

Eriksson walks, no significant UFA forwards can be convinced to come to Boston except Vesey.

So who is the #1 pick in the 2017 draft?

CDonns

Nov 28, 2015
MA
If Sweeney gets real bold and creative this is what I could see, highly unlikely but whatever I'll go for it.

Marchand-Bergeron-Perron
Beleskey-Spooner-Pastrnak
Vatrano-Bozak-Connolly
Vesey-Acciari-Ferraro
Randell

Chara-Brodin
Krug-Carlo
Seids-C. Miller
Trotman

Rask
Subban

Krejci (1 mil retained) for Brodin. Bozak for Koko if he doesn't bolt to Russia + Morrow. Sign Perron.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site

Vesey - Spooner - Hayes

Chara - K.Miller
Krug - McQuaid
Seidenberg - C.Miller

Reimer
C.Johnson

Good Lord. That team is absolutely awful. Every one of those defensive pairings is in over their heads. And obviously goaltending won't bail them out.

That's a bottom 5 NHL team. Which also might be exactly what needs to happen.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Vesey - Krejci- Stempniak
Beleskey- Spooner- Heinen/Connolly
Vatrano- Acciari- Ferraro/Connolly

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
I'm not seeing enough Chris Kelly's and K Miller's in these lineups, come on people!

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Good Lord. That team is absolutely awful. Every one of those defensive pairings is in over their heads. And obviously goaltending won't bail them out.

That's a bottom 5 NHL team. Which also might be exactly what needs to happen.

It is.

I believe Sweeney is on orders to trade Rask from up above. He'll take futures at the draft like he did for Lucic and Hamilton when he doesn't get an offer that includes an actual NHL player.

I forgot to add in Chris Kelly. So let's subtract Connolly whose dealt for a 4th or 5th in 2017.

While I like the Bruins overall organizational depth like many here, I don't think any of the mid-to-high end prospect Forwards (Heinen, Debrusk, Senhyshyn) or D (Carlo, O'Gara, Gryz, etc. ) are ready for next season, so there is a bit of a gap there.

It's not all doom and gloom but I don't think next season is going to be one with a whole lot of promise. After that I believe as they integrate their next wave of prospects into the mix things will improve, just won't be this year.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
So many of these predictions are terrible nhl teams. I'm praying Sweeney continues moving pieces and we see a huge change in the d, and a shake up for the offense.

This thread has me depressed.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
It is.

I believe Sweeney is on orders to trade Rask from up above. He'll take futures at the draft like he did for Lucic and Hamilton when he doesn't get an offer that includes an actual NHL player.

I forgot to add in Chris Kelly. So let's subtract Connolly whose dealt for a 4th or 5th in 2017.

While I like the Bruins overall organizational depth like many here, I don't think any of the mid-to-high end prospect Forwards (Heinen, Debrusk, Senhyshyn) or D (Carlo, O'Gara, Gryz, etc. ) are ready for next season, so there is a bit of a gap there.

It's not all doom and gloom but I don't think next season is going to be one with a whole lot of promise. After that I believe as they integrate their next wave of prospects into the mix things will improve, just won't be this year

I agree, and the process should have started this season - but some people actually think if this team got in the playoffs they would have actually done something.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Vesey - Krejci- Stempniak
Beleskey- Spooner- Heinen/Connolly
Vatrano- Acciari- Ferraro/Connolly

Most realistic IMO. Really hope they land Vesey.

I don't blame you for not daring to take a crack at the Defense. Expecting that to be the main focus this offseason (just like the past three...)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad