Marchand-Bergeron-Stempniak
Beleskey-Kelly-Griffith
Czarnik-Acciari-Randell

Chara-McQuiad
Krug-Brodin
Seidenberg-K Miller

Lindback
Ortio

Rask would be a good fit with the Flames, trade him for Ortio, Wotherspoon and a 2nd as I said in another thread. Get it done Sweeneely!

Big daddy Jacobs would be proud, team would be fighting for playoffs and keep the seats filled.

Good grief that Calgary deal is awful. We get back a mediocre to poor backup goalie, a 23 year old D prospect who has shown nothing at the AHL or NHL level, and a second round pick.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
March-Bergeron-Pasta
Vesey-Krejci-Okposo
Beleskey-Heinen-Vatrano
Kelly-Acciari-Martin
ex:Ferraro/Randell

Chara-Brodin
Zboril-McQuaid
Carlo-Krug
ex: Colin Miller

Rask
Enroth

Hayes traded for a pick
Connolly traded for a pic
Seids traded for a pick
Spooner+for Brodin

Roll with a youthful D. Break in a new 3rd line pivot that's got offensive skill but more defensively minded which Claude will love.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
My reality guess:

Pasta-Krejci-Beleskey
Marchand-Bergeron-Vatrano
Vesey-Spooner-Farnham
Connolly-Acciari-Ferraro
Randell

Chara/Yandle
Seidenberg/Krug
McQuaid/C. Miller
Morrow

Rask
Subban

Hayes for a 5th rounder 2017

What I'm thinking:

Vesey-Stamkos-Krejci
Marchand-Bergeron-Vatrano
Pasta-Spooner-Beleskey
Connolly-Acciari-Ferraro
Randell

Chara/Liles
K.Miller/Vatenan
McQuaid/C.Miller
Morrow

Rask
Subban

Seidenberg for a 6th rounder 2016

I must be over the cap...just pondering...

Last edited:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I appreciate the thought and effort.

1) I would do the CAL deal but don't think they will. Yes, I know Schneider returned #9, but that deal is an outlier. CAL has 2 very good goalie prospects. I doubt they deal #6 and a very good D prospect for a goalie.

2) FLA is paying Barkov and Bjugstad $10m total to be their #1 & #2 C. I seriously doubt they'd have interest in Krejci. Of all their needs, C isn't one of them. Rather, I think they are a team that might be interested in Subban (not for Matheson though).

3) ANA deal doesn't take into account their current roster, needs or internal cap situation. While they will most likely move Andresen, I don't think that package makes sense for them. I think they'd be more interested in a top 6 W or 3rd C. D just doesn't make sense, especially with Chara's contract.

4) I like the WPG one and think it's fair.

5) Hayes has no value, Morrow has very little value. A contending team like TB has far greater need for Stralman than those 2 guys.

6) I don't know if COL would be interested in Seidenberg, but at that price it's a good deal. His contract stinks, but I do think he can play still (somewhat).

7) VAN deal seems decent, something lie a 6th that turns into a 3 and a 4 if they both sign.

Their last years goalie pick looks fantastic and got signed to an entry level contract.

1) Calgary wants to win NOW... they need goaltending badly... Rask is still considered a top dog in this league, everyone understand Boston's D is a mess.... Schneider got a #1, Jones got a #1, Talbot got a #1, this can happen even without Anderson in the deal.. Rask is worth number 6.

2) Florida needs some Vetrans who have been there, their team is too young and guys like Krejci and Krug give them that... They have no #3 Centerman, this league is built up the middle...They have so much young D they can give us 2 of them.... This can happen

3) Anahiem needs to trade one of their goalies, they of course take a number 1 pick and Chara's contract for him... This happens..

4) We agree :)

5) My weakest one I admit, but with the expansion draft Stralman will be moved... We can maybe add a pick here to make it happen

6) We agree :)

7) We agree :)

Barkov-Bjugstad-Trocheck, one of the best young C trios to build around.
They have Jagr, Luongo, Thornton, Campbell, who have seen it all, so that point was pretty well off.
Petrovic is a 3rd pairing D.

Anaheim is looking to move one of their D-players and not to add an expensive D-player, they have Theodore waiting on ELC, Montour too.

McGinn& Stafford are better for 3rd line, both of them shouldn't be used on the top6.
Stralman deal would never happen.

Last edited:

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Don't know about Vatrano on Bergy's right. In the last few season, player's on that position have had a habit of disappearing. It's almost like being a third wheel on the Marchand-Bergeron wagon. Not that I have any better ideas whom to put there. Some powerforward type who drives the net would be interesting experiment. I don't think that Beleskey plays RW though.

Sturm

Jun 25, 2015
Virginia
Colin Miller has to start the year on the NHL roster and stay there the whole season. No more messing around with him. At this point he's as good as any not named Chara or Krug that is currently on our roster

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Colin Miller has to start the year on the NHL roster and stay there the whole season. No more messing around with him. At this point he's as good as any not named Chara or Krug that is currently on our roster

For what it's worth. Colin needs to play 38 games to lose waiver eligiblility. He loses it after this year regardless of games played

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Their last years goalie pick looks fantastic and got signed to an entry level contract.

Barkov-Bjugstad-Trocheck, one of the best young C trios to build around.
They have Jagr, Luongo, Thornton, Campbell, who have seen it all, so that point was pretty well off.
Petrovic is a 3rd pairing D.

Anaheim is looking to move one of their D-players and not to add an expensive D-player, they have Theodore waiting on ELC, Montour too.

McGinn& Stafford are better for 3rd line, both of them shouldn't be used on the top6.
Stralman deal would never happen.
If Boston misses playoffs 7 straight years and has multiple top 3 picks I can see them having talent like Florida.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
If Boston misses playoffs 7 straight years and has multiple top 3 picks I can see them having talent like Florida.

Be careful what you wish for....

and actually it was 10 straight years.:nod:

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
Thought I would try another one of these because they are fun. This is my complete fantasy la-la land lineup with trades.

To Col: Brad Marchand, Jeremy Lauzon
To Bos: Rights to Tyson Barrie (Signed for 7 years @ 7 million)

To Tor: Boston 1st, Jimmy Hayes
To Bos: JVR, Leo Komarov

To EDM: Adam McQuaid
To Bos: 5th Rounder

Boston Signs
Kieth Yandle - 6 years @ 6 million
Vesey - 3 years @ 1 million (bonus laden)

Boston Re-signs
Torey Krug - 5 years @ 5 million
Joe Morrow - 2 years @ 1 million
Colin Miller - 2 years @ 1 million
Brett Connolly - 2 years @ 1.5 million
Lee Stempniak - 2 years @ 3 million

JVR-Krejci-Pasta
Belesky-Bergeron-Stempniak
Vesey-Spooner-Connolly
Komarov - Acciari - Vatrano

Chara-Seidenberg
Barrie-Krug
Yandle-Miller
Morrow

Rask
Subban

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Thought I would try another one of these because they are fun. This is my complete fantasy la-la land lineup with trades.

To Col: Brad Marchand, Jeremy Lauzon
To Bos: Rights to Tyson Barrie (Signed for 7 years @ 7 million)

To Tor: Boston 1st, Jimmy Hayes
To Bos: JVR, Leo Komarov

To EDM: Adam McQuaid
To Bos: 5th Rounder

Boston Signs
Kieth Yandle - 6 years @ 6 million
Vesey - 3 years @ 1 million (bonus laden)

Boston Re-signs
Torey Krug - 5 years @ 5 million
Joe Morrow - 2 years @ 1 million
Colin Miller - 2 years @ 1 million
Brett Connolly - 2 years @ 1.5 million
Lee Stempniak - 2 years @ 3 million

JVR-Krejci-Pasta
Belesky-Bergeron-Stempniak
Vesey-Spooner-Connolly
Komarov - Acciari - Vatrano

Chara-Seidenberg
Barrie-Krug
Yandle-Miller
Morrow

Rask
Subban

I want no part of JVR on the Bruins....he'd probably be scared to come into the same room with Chara anyways :naughty:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Don't know the point of this post.

I just said they'd have no intrest for those trades and the post was full of miss info.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
I see a lot of people putting Vatrano on the RW, can this kid actually play the off-wing given his size?

IMO, he reminds me of Sobotka but with more offensive upside...and he could only play center/wing.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I see a lot of people putting Vatrano on the RW, can this kid actually play the off-wing given his size?

IMO, he reminds me of Sobotka but with more offensive upside...and he could only play center/wing.

I think if someone could be tried on his offside it could be Vatrano, due to his shot, get more out of his shot.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
I think he'd be a perfect fit to play the offwing on the PP because that would allow him to get open a lot easier.

I just feel like playing the offwing could lead to defensive lapses 5 on 5, even though he's currently a good 2 way player.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com

He's playing the off-wing at the Worlds. I don't like him with Bergeron and Marchand but I think he's going to be an important player for us going forward and could fit well with Krejci or Spooner.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
He's playing the off-wing at the Worlds. I don't like him with Bergeron and Marchand but I think he's going to be an important player for us going forward and could fit well with Krejci or Spooner.

He has great chemistry with Acciari

Let Frank 'the rifleman' Vatrano do the Marchand 4th line stint till he's ready to move up

I bring back Stempniak for one year - overall his body of work was good- allows Sensyshyn another year to build up assist total and have a higher HF approval rating

Brewins

Apr 23, 2015

He played a few games offwing if i remember correctly. He did alright didnt stop him from ripping shots.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
If they really are getting Vesey I pass

If no Vesey - 5/30 you are somewhat screwed and need Loui badly

Why does Vesey impact Loui? RW is still an issue, Vesey or not. There's no reason that Marchand, Bergeron, Loui couldn't be a line next year. Vesey, Krejci, Pasta is a really good line. Beleskey, Spooner, Connolly isn't bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad