Malone-Acciari-Kelly
Chara-Yandle
Siedenberg-Krug
McQuaid-Morrow/C.Miller
Rask/Subban

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
For Demers I'd go 5 years 5.5 mil he will get a deal similar to Sekera. Sweeney needs to swing a deal for a big name defenseman or then you just waste assets if you only trade for a #4 when you could get for Demers using only money.

But Demers is not that good. He is a modern Andre Ferrence. A good solid #4 defenseman, but nothing more than that

He was abysmal in the St Louis series arguably the worst player on the ice for the Stars. Absolutely terrible in game 7

He might be the best of a terrible group of RH defensemen, but that doesn't mean you open up the wallet and give him core player money. That is how you screw your future and end up in cap Hell, giving very mediocre players longterm deals at core player money

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
But Demers is not that good. He is a modern Andre Ferrence. A good solid #4 defenseman, but nothing more than that

He was abysmal in the St Louis series arguably the worst player on the ice for the Stars. Absolutely terrible in game 7

He might be the best of a terrible group of RH defensemen, but that doesn't mean you open up the wallet and give him core player money. That is how you screw your future and end up in cap Hell, giving very mediocre players longterm deals at core player money

Bingo. Spot on.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Marchand - Bergeron - Eriksson
Pastrnak - Krejci - Vesey
Connolly - Spooner - Beleskey
Foligno - Accairi - Martin
X - Randell

Chara - Yandle
Krug - Trouba
McQuaid - C. Miller
X - Trotman

Rask
Subban

I'm terrible at this... Basically, with Foligno you'll get a physical player who can chip in on occasion. He would probably rotate with Connolly from the 3rd line to the 4th line. Matt Martin brings some energy to the 4th line without being a liability. He can drop the gloves, too. That 4th line would be nasty to play against, especially with Accairi getting some experience in the big leagues.

On defense, Yandle brings some (more) offense, especially on the powerplay. Trouba has a world of potential, and would probably cost an arm and a leg to acquire.

Last edited:

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

He's a solid No.3/4, closer to a 4.

But I'd rather pay a legit No.4 guy 5 million per to play in my top 4, than pay a couple No.6's in McQuaid and Kevan Miller a combined 5-6 million a year.

Demers + young cost-controlled D-man at 6.0 per > McQuaid + Kevan Miller at 6.0 per.

Which one gets you into cap hell more? Paying No.6 guys like McQuaid/Miller 2.5 to 3.0 million per when you can get young cost-controlled guys at less than 1.0 million per to do the same job and spend properly on a legit No.4 in Demers.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Pastrnak - Krejci - Vesey
Connolly - Spooner - McGinn
Foligno - Accairi - Martin
X - Randell

Chara - Yandle
Krug - Trouba
McQuaid - C. Miller
X - Trotman

Rask
Subban

I'm terrible at this...

What happened to Beleskey?

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site

But I'd rather pay a legit No.4 guy 5 million per to play in my top 4, than pay a couple No.6's in McQuaid and Kevan Miller a combined 5-6 million a year.

Demers + young cost-controlled D-man at 6.0 per > McQuaid + Kevan Miller at 6.0 per.

Which one gets you into cap hell more? Paying No.6 guys like McQuaid/Miller 2.5 to 3.0 million per when you can get young cost-controlled guys at less than 1.0 million per to do the same job and spend properly on a legit No.4 in Demers.

And this is where I stand too. Demers seems like a better option than McQuaid or Kevan in the top 4. If you could add him to a reasonable contract, then acquire a better dman via trade to go with him, you'd have a serviceable defense. As of now you have 2-3 guys in your top 4 who shouldn't be playing top 4 in the NHL. And they're getting paid like theiy're top 4, which is a serious problem.

CDonns

Nov 28, 2015
MA

This exactly we have had McQuaid/K. Miller take roster spots from kids who could use the time to help develop their game team has 2 defensemen that can play the top 4 in Chara and Krig and that's it we need at least one next year if not two. I wouldn't ok with bringing 2017 UFA defenseman as a stop gap if we acquire a young potential top pairing defenseman if the expansion draft is going to happen.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
Marchand Bergeron Vessey
Beleskey Krejci Pastrnak
Vatrano Czarnik Perron/Stempniak
Martin Accari Connolly
Ferraro

Chara Shattenkirk/Vatanen/Barrie
Brodin Siedenberg
Krug Mcquaid
C.Miller

Czarnik is a bold pencil but he tore up the AHL at almost a point per game. They trust him defensively too (3 SHG led team) and has a skill set fairly similar to Spooners. Debrusk and Heinen are also mid season options. Oh and I guess he has sick chem with Vatrano too

Spooner + for Brodin
2016 14th overall + Zboril + I hope would open negotiations between the rumored defenseman available. To be honest I would take any one of those mentioned and maybe even Demers at the right price

annndd then Perron. A lot of people are clamoring for Shaw but I don't see it as a wise decision paying assets for him. Great player don't get me wrong but Perron would be a better fit in my opinion. He only had 6 less hits than him this year (148 to 142). He's still young, a more proven goal scorer and will command a similar contract (4 million estimated from Ducks board).

Totally would do Sieds for Wideman if that interested Calgary as well. Krug and Brodin would be a sick 2nd unit too.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com

Worst player on the Stars was Klingberg. Pushed around in the corners, led their whole team in giveaways. Second worst plus minus on the team at -5. Almost no offensive contribution...

Not to dismiss your point. I think Demers is better than you're suggesting but I agree that he isn't worth core player money.

CDonns

Nov 28, 2015
MA
What I Think Will Happen
Marchand-Bergeron-Vesey
Beleskey-Krejci-Pastrnak
Vatrano-Spooner-Connolly
Lewis-Acciari-Ferraro

Chara-Demers
Krug-McQuaid
Seids-C. Miller

Rask
Subban

What I Want to Happen
Beleskey-Stamkos-Pastrnak
Marchand-Bergeron-Vesey
Vatrano-Spooner-Connolly
Martin-Acciari-Ferraro

Chara-Brodin
Krug-Carlo
Seids-C. Miller

Rask
Subban

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Vesey-Krejci-Pasta
Marchand-Bergy-Heinen
Beleskey-Spooner-Okposo
Vatrano-Acciari-Connolly
Ferraro

Chara-Yandle
Krug-McQuaid
Seids-C.Miller
Morrow

Rask-Subban

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
Marchand-Bergeron-Eriksson
Vesey-Krejci-Pasta
Beleskey-Spooner-Connolly
Vatrano-Acciari-Ferraro

That's what I think happens on offense. Not too many big changes. Get rid of Hayes or make him an extra. As I've said before, you can expose Eriksson in an expansion draft if you need to get rid of him. Berg, March, Krejci, Pasta, Spooner, Beleskey, and one other are the protected ones.

On defense: I HAVE NO IDEA.

Goalie: Rask, Subban

rainone99

Dec 21, 2010
Montreal
What I would like to see is a total transformed team....Major moves....

Trade Krejci, Krug, Rask, Mcquaid, Chara, Seidenberg, Hayes, Connolly, Morrow, Trotman, Koko, Griffith.....

Bring In Thru trades... Stafford, Matheson, Petrovic, Stralman, Andersen, + Draft Picks

Rask + Trotman to Cal (#6 pick + R Anderson)
Krejci + Krug to Flor (Matheson + Petrovic + 2nd)
San 1st + Chara + Koko to Ana ( Andersen + 2nd)
Connolly + Griffith + McQuaid to Win ( Stafford + 4th)
Hayes + Morrow to Tam (Stralman)
Seidenberg to Col (5th)
Trade rights to Miller + Eriksson to Van (3rd pick if they both sign)

#6 pick - Logan Brown
#14 Pick - Dante Fabbro

Don't bring back.... Miller, Eriksson, Kelly, Stempniak, Talbot, Gustavsson

Sign.... McGinn, Backes, Okposo, Liles, Polak

Marchand Bergeron Stafford
McGinn Backes Okposo
Beleskey Spooner Pastrnak
Vesey Vatrano Acciari Czarnik Ferraro

Matheson Petrovic
Liles Stralman
O'Gara C Miller
Polak

Andersen
Subban

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
What I would like to see is a total transformed team....Major moves....

Trade Krejci, Krug, Rask, Mcquaid, Chara, Seidenberg, Hayes, Connolly, Morrow, Trotman, Koko, Griffith.....

Bring In Thru trades... Stafford, Matheson, Petrovic, Stralman, Andersen, + Draft Picks

Seidenberg to Col (5th)

#6 pick - Logan Brown
#14 Pick - Dante Fabbro

Don't bring back.... Miller, Eriksson, Kelly, Stempniak, Talbot, Gustavsson

Sign.... McGinn, Backes, Okposo, Liles, Polak

Marchand Bergeron Stafford
McGinn Backes Okposo
Beleskey Spooner Pastrnak
Vesey Vatrano Acciari Czarnik Ferraro

Matheson Petrovic
Liles Stralman
O'Gara C Miller
Polak

Andersen
Subban

Poor Bergeron to get left with that. I love a guy with 3 nhl games going on the top pair.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Seidenberg to Col (5th)

I appreciate the thought and effort.

1) I would do the CAL deal but don't think they will. Yes, I know Schneider returned #9, but that deal is an outlier. CAL has 2 very good goalie prospects. I doubt they deal #6 and a very good D prospect for a goalie.

2) FLA is paying Barkov and Bjugstad $10m total to be their #1 & #2 C. I seriously doubt they'd have interest in Krejci. Of all their needs, C isn't one of them. Rather, I think they are a team that might be interested in Subban (not for Matheson though).

3) ANA deal doesn't take into account their current roster, needs or internal cap situation. While they will most likely move Andresen, I don't think that package makes sense for them. I think they'd be more interested in a top 6 W or 3rd C. D just doesn't make sense, especially with Chara's contract.

4) I like the WPG one and think it's fair.

5) Hayes has no value, Morrow has very little value. A contending team like TB has far greater need for Stralman than those 2 guys.

6) I don't know if COL would be interested in Seidenberg, but at that price it's a good deal. His contract stinks, but I do think he can play still (somewhat).

7) VAN deal seems decent, something lie a 6th that turns into a 3 and a 4 if they both sign.

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011
Vesey - Krejci - Pasta
Beleskey - Spooner - Hayes
Vatrano - Kelly - Randall

Chara - Demers
Krug - Seidenberg
Morrow - McQuaid
C Miller

Rask
Lindback

Kelly back on a cheap 1 year
Vesey signed 2 year entry

Not sure if they can afford both Demers and Loui, but Demers would take priority

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Marchand - Bergeron - Vatrano
Vesey - Krejci - Pastrnak
Belesky - J.Staal - Connolly
M.Martin - Acciari - C.Knight

Extra Fs: Ferraro, Ferlin

Chara - Trouba
Goligoski - Demers
M.Stuart (50%) - C.Miller

Extra D: Morrow

Rask
Pavelec (50%)

Falls under 73 million cap.

This is a team built for Claude Julien. Strong up the middle offensively, defensively, and on face-offs. Gives him his precious 2 defensive lines (Bergeron's and Staal's), Krejci line becoming a pure scoring line, and the 4th a banging line with two competent face-off men in Acciari and C.Knight, that is pretty sound defensively and has a couple PKers.

Mobile, veteran Top 4 D, two solid goaltenders.

I know most will say that winger group is lacking, but if your really worried about wingers you haven't been paying attention. Dime a dozen in today's game, If your going to spend big bucks don't waste it bringing in expensive wingers like Okposo, Eriksson, Brouwer, etc. As long as you got a couple home run hitters in Marchand, and likely Pastrnak, your good. The days of spending 5 million per year/per winger on FOUR Top 6 wingers is over.

Last edited:

CDonns

Nov 28, 2015
MA
Marchand - Bergeron - Vatrano
Vesey - Krejci - Pastrnak
Belesky - J.Staal - Connolly
M.Martin - Acciari - C.Knight

Extra Fs: Ferraro, Ferlin

Chara - Trouba
Goligoski - Demers
M.Stuart (50%) - C.Miller

Extra D: Morrow

Rask
Pavelec (50%)

Falls under 73 million cap.

This is a team built for Claude Julien. Strong up the middle offensively, defensively, and on face-offs. Gives him his precious 2 defensive lines (Bergeron's and Staal's), Krejci line becoming a pure scoring line, and the 4th a banging line with two competent face-off men in Acciari and C.Knight, that is pretty sound defensively and has a couple PKers.

Mobile, veteran Top 4 D, two solid goaltenders.

I know most will say that winger group is lacking, but if your really worried about wingers you haven't been paying attention. Dime a dozen in today's game, If your going to spend big bucks don't waste it bringing in expensive wingers like Okposo, Eriksson, Brouwer, etc. As long as you got a couple home run hitters in Marchand, and likely Pastrnak, your good. The days of spending 5 million per year/per winger on FOUR Top 6 wingers is over.
How exactly do we get Jordan Staal and Trouba?

I'd love Jordan Staal on this team, if we were to acquire him I think Krejci would go and Spooner stays for cap purposes.

I could see something like this
Marchand-Bergeron-Vatrano
Beleskey-Spooner-Pastrnak
Vesey-Staal-Connolly
Martin-Acciari-Ferraro

Chara-Brodin
Krug-Demers
Seids-C. Miller

Rask
Lindback

For trades I'd say Krejci for Brodin as a base then 14th overall + Subban for Jordan Staal + LA's first.

Confound

Vindication
Oct 28, 2010
Maine
Bickell-Krejci-Pastrnak
Marchand-Bergeron-Stempniak
Beleskey-Kelly-Griffith
Czarnik-Acciari-Randell

Chara-McQuiad
Krug-Brodin
Seidenberg-K Miller

Lindback
Ortio

Rask would be a good fit with the Flames, trade him for Ortio, Wotherspoon and a 2nd as I said in another thread. Get it done Sweeneely!

Big daddy Jacobs would be proud, team would be fighting for playoffs and keep the seats filled.

rainone99

Dec 21, 2010
Montreal
I appreciate the thought and effort.

1) I would do the CAL deal but don't think they will. Yes, I know Schneider returned #9, but that deal is an outlier. CAL has 2 very good goalie prospects. I doubt they deal #6 and a very good D prospect for a goalie

2) FLA is paying Barkov and Bjugstad $10m total to be their #1 & #2 C. I seriously doubt they'd have interest in Krejci. Of all their needs, C isn't one of them. Rather, I think they are a team that might be interested in Subban (not for Matheson though).

3) ANA deal doesn't take into account their current roster, needs or internal cap situation. While they will most likely move Andresen, I don't think that package makes sense for them. I think they'd be more interested in a top 6 W or 3rd C. D just doesn't make sense, especially with Chara's contract.

4) I like the WPG one and think it's fair.

5) Hayes has no value, Morrow has very little value. A contending team like TB has far greater need for Stralman than those 2 guys.

6) I don't know if COL would be interested in Seidenberg, but at that price it's a good deal. His contract stinks, but I do think he can play still (somewhat).

7) VAN deal seems decent, something lie a 6th that turns into a 3 and a 4 if they both sign.

1) Calgary wants to win NOW... they need goaltending badly... Rask is still considered a top dog in this league, everyone understand Boston's D is a mess.... Schneider got a #1, Jones got a #1, Talbot got a #1, this can happen even without Anderson in the deal.. Rask is worth number 6.

2) Florida needs some Vetrans who have been there, their team is too young and guys like Krejci and Krug give them that... They have no #3 Centerman, this league is built up the middle...They have so much young D they can give us 2 of them.... This can happen

3) Anahiem needs to trade one of their goalies, they of course take a number 1 pick and Chara's contract for him... This happens..

4) We agree :)

5) My weakest one I admit, but with the expansion draft Stralman will be moved... We can maybe add a pick here to make it happen

6) We agree :)

7) We agree :)

rainone99

Dec 21, 2010
Montreal
Poor Bergeron to get left with that. I love a guy with 3 nhl games going on the top pair.

We are not winning the cup for the next 3 to 5 years.... who cares who is on the top pairing next year, this team needs to think what will this team look like in 2019 2020

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad