Beleskey-Krejci-Pastrnak
Vesey-Spooner-Griffith
Ferlin/Randell-Acciari-Hayes/Connolly

Chara-Demers
Krug-C.Miller
McQuaid-Seidenberg/Morrow/Carlo

Rask
Gustavsson/Subban

I think Sweeney tries to get some deals done but ultimately the only thing he can do is sign Demers to 5/6 yrs 5-5.5mil per

If Koko stays and they actually give him a look on 3rd line duty possibility of spooner on krejci's LW

Griffith gets a good look on spooners 3rd/wing after a full solid year in providence.

Hayes/Connolly are bottom line guys with possibilty of 3rd line time

3rd/4th line is a game of musical chairs all yr with the exception of spooner until they find a line that really works.

I think I heard Carlo looked really good last yr and it was hard to send him away so this year with the crap the D played last year he gets a look.

I dont think they played c.miller and morrow enough last year to know what they're capable of and that was a mistake. Play them this year to see if they have a future with us.

Vatrano clearly can shoot and gets a shot with our best 2 all around players.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I think Sweeney tries to get some deals done but ultimately the only thing he can do is sign Demers to 5/6 yrs 5-5.5mil per

I guess I am the doubter on Demers. Solid player, I would like to see Bruins sign him because I think he can be a solid #4.

I really hope this is more of a Belesky situation where the projections turn out to be way above what the player

I like him as a solid 4, maybe at 4 years 16 million total, but I fear being the best of a crappy class of FA RH shot defenseman, someone (and I hope not Boston), is going to give him a 30+ million over 5-6 years.

Demers has been having a tough time in the postseason

People talk Cap Hell, you don't get into Cap Hell by giving a great player like Steve Stamkos 11 million dollars a year longterm. You go into cap hell by giving mediocre guys 5.5 million for a very long term, just because well they are the best of a bad bunch of FA

Last edited:

Bear Town Shaker

May 6, 2015
1) Marchand - Bergeron - Okposo,2) Belesky-Bennet - Pasternak,3) Vecey -Nielsen -Erikkson, 4) Vatrano - Accari - Heinen, 5) Ferraro - Randall - Connelly .. A Defense of Chara - Demers, Krug - Brodin, C.Miller - Schenn..... Morrrow - McQuaid... In Goal ... Raanta - Hiller... Pre draft : Rask to Calgary for Bennet and No.6 ( Sergachev ).... Spooner, Hayes and 14 overall to NJD for No. 10 ( Jost or McLeod ) and Neimelan with yhe SJ pick. Queue the Duck Boats.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
What I expect to see...

Marchand - Bergeron - Connolly
Beleskey - Krejci - Pastrnak
Vesey - Spooner - Vatrano
Blidh - Acciari - Hayes
X: Ferraro

Chara - Yandle
Krug - K.Miller
Seid's - Chiller
X: Morrow

Rask - Johnson

Realistic signings and still room on the cap for in-season improvements. I know Yandle is ill-suited to that slot and role but I wouldn't be surprised to see them try it.

What I'd like to see...

Beleskey - Stamkos - Pastrnak
Marchand - Bergeron - Shaw
Blidh - White - Hayes
X: Acciari

Chara - Dumba
Krug - K.Miller
Cowen - Chiller

Rask - Johnson

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Not sure what I think will happen, but I know what I hope happens...I hope Torey Krug is the worst d-man in our top 4. Meaning no Adam McQuaid, no Kevan Miller, no Trotman, etc. Since right now Krug is our 2nd best overall dman behind Chara, it means we need to add two guys at least as good as Krug. If we can't add them, nothing else really matters, at least as far as next season goes.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
1) Marchand - Bergeron - Okposo,2) Belesky-Bennet - Pasternak,3) Vecey -Nielsen -Erikkson, 4) Vatrano - Accari - Heinen, 5) Ferraro - Randall - Connelly .. A Defense of Chara - Demers, Krug - Brodin, C.Miller - Schenn..... Morrrow - McQuaid... In Goal ... Raanta - Hiller... Pre draft : Rask to Calgary for Bennet and No.6 ( Sergachev ).... Spooner, Hayes and 14 overall to NJD for No. 10 ( Jost or McLeod ) and Neimelan with yhe SJ pick. Queue the Duck Boats.

What goalie has ever returned a top 3 and a top 6 pick?

I don't think CAL would deal either one of those pieces for Rask. Nevermind both.

Mantis

I am a doctah
Mar 7, 2011
Crimetown, Saskatchewan
Marchand/Bergeron/Shaw
Beleskey/Krejci/Pastrnak
Vatrano/Czarnik/Stewart
Blidh/Acciari/Randell

Chara/Shattenkirk
Krug/Wideman
Cross/McQuaid

2016 2nd round pick and Brian Ferlin to Chicago for Andrew Shaw.
Ryan Spooner and Sharks 1st to St. Louis for Kevin Shattenkirk.
Dennis Seidenberg and Seth Griffith to Calgary for Dennis Wideman.
Jimmy Hayes to Arizona for a 2016 6th round pick.
The Bruins sign Chris Stewart to a 1 year deal.

All predictions, don't get upset.
Ewwwwwwwwwww

Ten Thousand Hours

Aug 17, 2010
Boston
Seeing these projected forward lineups makes me start to step back off of the ledge. Should be another potentially good group up front.

Too bad the only blue line I've liked so far is the one with all the question marks.

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
Beleskey-Krejci-Okposo
Marchand-Bergeron-Vesey
Vantrano-Spooner-Pastrnak
Kelly-Accari-Ferraro

Chara-Yandle
Krug-Demers
Seidenberg- C Miller

Rask
Subban

Bear Town Shaker

May 6, 2015
What goalie has ever returned a top 3 and a top 6 pick?

I don't think CAL would deal either one of those pieces for Rask. Nevermind both.

Idon't know Quince, but Rask would likely answer the Flames unsettled goalie situation they've been experiencing which seems like forever and maybe put them on a level with Quick and Rinne in the West. As far as the B's are concerned they need to address the Defense in a big way and in a short amount of time if they have any hopes of retuning to seriously challenge for the Cup. I think moving Krejci to the Wild also makes sense for both clubs too, given Minny's discontent with Vanek leading to a possible buyout. Having watched many Ranger games this year, I can tell you Rantta played outstanding and in my opinion better than Lundquist at any time during the season. Getting back to Calgary, they are facing the future without any Goaltenders currently under contract and Boston can acquire the rights to Hiller to provide a nice one two tandem.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Idon't know Quince, but Rask would likely answer the Flames unsettled goalie situation they've been experiencing which seems like forever and maybe put them on a level with Quick and Rinne in the West. As far as the B's are concerned they need to address the Defense in a big way and in a short amount of time if they have any hopes of retuning to seriously challenge for the Cup. I think moving Krejci to the Wild also makes sense for both clubs too, given Minny's discontent with Vanek leading to a possible buyout. Having watched many Ranger games this year, I can tell you Rantta played outstanding and in my opinion better than Lundquist at any time during the season. Getting back to Calgary, they are facing the future without any Goaltenders currently under contract and Boston can acquire the rights to Hiller to provide a nice one two tandem.

Pretty sure Hiller flew the coop as well.

BsEuphoria

The Future
Sep 21, 2013
Think the team`s going to give any and all kids a legit shot, not even going to attempt to name the lineup up and down but there will be a true top 4 D-man added, and I predict a kid like Senyshyn makes it impossible to send back to Junior and keep him for at least an early season look.

On D, I think one of Carlo or O`Gara breaks camp with the big team with Miller and Seids both gone

:biglaugh: :biglaugh:

You can't possibly be serious unless there was a coaching change. Unless Clode has his whole family held over the fire to do this, no freakin chance.

I want new blood, and lots of it.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
When was the last time a D taken around 14 made the NHL out of camp? Even going back 2 years... Honka and Sanheim, 2 guys who were real solid picks... still haven't been NHL players. 3 years.... Morin, Pulock, Morrissey... those guys are still all part timers at this point.

Way optimistic to be penciling any yet to be drafted player now. Even Carlo, Lauzon, Zboril are probably going to need some time in the AHL. One might break through in 2017 but even that is optimistic.

Outside of the Top 5 D, it's rare for one to make the team out of camp their first year. Even in the Top 5-10, a lot of them play one year in Junior, Euro, or NCAA and then make the jump the 2nd year after they have been drafted. The typical path for the guys drafted 10 back (that are successful) is two years outside the NHL, and in the 3rd year some AHL before hitting the big league.

The last two I found were:

2010 - Fowler (12th)
2009 - Kulikov (14th)

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
What I expect to see...

Marchand - Bergeron - Connolly
Beleskey - Krejci - Pastrnak
Blidh - Acciari - Hayes
X: Ferraro

Chara - Yandle
Krug - K.Miller
Seid's - Chiller

Rask - Johnson

Realistic signings and still room on the cap for in-season improvements. I know Yandle is ill-suited to that slot and role but I wouldn't be surprised to see them try it.

What I'd like to see...

Beleskey - Stamkos - Pastrnak
Marchand - Bergeron - Shaw
Blidh - White - Hayes
X: Acciari

Chara - Dumba
Krug - K.Miller
Cowen - Chiller

Rask - Johnson

What you expect looks pretty good

If they have the good fortune to get Vesey I would believe 11 spots are all but accounted for

C- Bergeron, Krejci, Spooner, Accari
LW/shot- Marchy, Beleskey, Vesey, Vatrano
RW- Pasta, Connolly, Ferraro

7 players under 25 years old joining 37,46,63,39

On D you forgot mcQuaid

D- Chara, Seids, Krug, McQuaid and Colin Miller will likely be the favorite over Trotman & Morrow

The other 3 spots likely come from
a Yandle or Shattenkirk or Fowler type

Chara and Seids are near end here and the 3 2015 draft picks the 2016 they take in first joining players like OGara, Grzelcyk, Arnesson etc will form the future D

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Marchand-Bergeron-Shaw
Beleskey-Krejci-Pastranak
Vesey-Spooner-Hayes
Vatrano-Acciari-Connolly

Krug-Myers
Chara-Seidenberg
Liles-McQuaid

Rask
Gustavsson

Trade San Jose 1st for Andrew Shaw
Trade for Tyler Myers* (see note below)
Sign Jimmy Vesey
Re-Sign JM Liles and Gustavsson to one year deals

I'd re-tool our roster with some youth up front, and some experience and leadership on the backend.

Up front, Shaw gives us some hustle and physical play, and likely 20 goals with Bergeron and Marchand. Vesey is hit or miss; but I have him penciled in the third line; could easily bump up Vatrano and slot someone else if he busts. My defensive pairs can all play good minutes; meaning none of the old legs have to play 25 a night. Gus was a reliable backup, and I would ask Julien to play him at least 20 games; giving Rask a little more time off.

Plenty of youth knocking on the door in training camp. No spots guaranteed.

edit: Didn't realize Dan Girardi was concussed in the playoffs, was tentative trading for him already; but his style won't be good with PCS.

Last edited:

CDonns

Nov 28, 2015
MA
Marchand-Bergeron-Shaw
Beleskey-Krejci-Pastranak
Vesey-Spooner-Hayes
Vatrano-Acciari-Connolly

Krug-Girardi
Chara-Seidenberg
Liles-McQuaid

Rask
Gustavsson

Trade San Jose 1st for Andrew Shaw
Trade Joe Morrow & Seth Griffith for Dan Girardi (1.5 million retained)
Sign Jimmy Vesey
Re-Sign JM Liles and Gustavsson to one year deals

I'd re-tool our roster with some youth up front, and some experience and leadership on the backend. The Rangers need cap space to sign their RFA forwards, this move gives them a couple of fringe assets and 4 million dollars.

Up front, Shaw gives us some hustle and physical play, and likely 20 goals with Bergeron and Marchand. Vesey is hit or miss; but I have him penciled in the third line; could easily bump up Vatrano and slot someone else if he busts. My defensive pairs can all play good minutes; meaning none of the old legs have to play 25 a night. Gus was a reliable backup, and I would ask Julien to play him at least 20 games; giving Rask a little more time off.

Plenty of youth knocking on the door in training camp. No spots guaranteed.

Dan Girardi is terrible our defense would be worse than last year. If Sweeney trades for Girardi I will puke and it would be time to call for Sweeney's head why not sign Demers instead of wasting assets on Dan Girardi.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Dan Girardi is terrible our defense would be worse than last year. If Sweeney trades for Girardi I will puke and it would be time to call for Sweeney's head why not sign Demers instead of wasting assets on Dan Girardi.

**** didn't realize Girardi was having concussion issues; changed my original post based off that. ****

I'm not sold on Demers though; think he will be overpaid.

CDonns

Nov 28, 2015
MA
**** didn't realize Girardi was having concussion issues; changed my original post based off that. ****

I'm not sold on Demers though; think he will be overpaid.

For Demers I'd go 5 years 5.5 mil he will get a deal similar to Sekera. Sweeney needs to swing a deal for a big name defenseman or then you just waste assets if you only trade for a #4 when you could get for Demers using only money.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad