NFL: Predict the Myles Garrett suspension length

Myles Garrett will be suspended for how many games?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
How is someone in here actually defending Garrett lmao? He quite literally could have killed the guy swinging the helmet like that...he’s lucky he didn’t

Should be a full season ban.

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
A literal crime

If the Steelers were smart they would hold Rudolph out with concussion like symptoms to try and maximize their division rivals suspension

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Goodell gave Brady 4 games based on... not much at all and Zeke got 6 even after one of the NFL's own people essentially said he shouldn't receive one.

So who knows. Pick a number out of a hat.

Reactions: irunthepeg

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
You can't respond like that, but he put his cleat in his groin and then extends with pressure. He has some level of control. Garrett will be gone a long time, but he didn't snap out of nowhere.
What in the world are you talking about? Rudolph reacted the same way anyone would if a much larger man was laying on top of you/bear hugging you and wouldn’t let go. Garrett should have had the awareness to recognize it’s the end of the game and to let go of Rudolph after taking him to the ground.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
We should just be lucky he didn’t hit him with the broadside of the helmet bc everyone would’ve seen someone get murdered. I would be sitting in jail if I did that to someone.

Reactions: MikeyMike01

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I'll say at least the rest of this season.

Wouldn't be surprised to see it spill over into next season.

Really, really dumb play regardless of what preceded it.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
no matter how much you are provoked.

For example, a previous roughing the passer penalty (on a helmet to helmet hit) and numerous questionable hits throughout the game?

We're talking about why Rudolph grabbed Garrett's helmet, right? A game full of excessive violence culminating in another incident at the end of a game that wasn't in doubt, well after the ball had been delivered, that was also excessive.

Last edited:

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Here's a better angle. Garrett will still get a long time because you can't respond like that, but there are such things as mitigating circumstances. This was before Garrett ripped off his helmet, and Rudolph tried to rip his off. Either way, you can't respond like that, and he will lose a lot of money.

So I see Garrett being dirty and slamming Rudolph on the ground and holding him down, rubbing things in on the last play of the game, Rudolph doing whatever he can to get this D-bag off of him, and Garrett then losing his mind because Rudolph had the gall to be upset about being cheapshotted.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
He clearly at the very least tries to push off using that foot. I'm fine with suspending him the year, what he did you can't do no matter how much you are provoked. But, it was not snapping out of nowhere. The whole play was essentially Garrett takes him down, arguably late, Rudolph either gets his hand caught or tries pulling Garretts mask off while Garrett was still on top, Garrett in return grabs Rudolphs mask while being pulled away by DeCastro, Rudolph either is trying to push Garrett off with his foot or directly tries kicking him and ends up hitting him in the groin, Garret then forcefully and successfully rips off Rudolph's helmet, as DeCastro is pushing Garrett away and we are seeing it potentially calm down, Rudolph runs at Garrett while Garrett is tied up, Garrett then uses his free hand which has the helmet to hit Rudolph. That's what happened. Garrett will get a long suspension for it, which was well earned, but he didn't just snap on him after landing on him after the play.
I respect you as a poster, but you are clearly letting your bias get to you at this point.

Garrett started the incident by forcing Rudolph to the ground after the ball was clearly out and there was seconds left in a game that was clearly over. Rudolph escalated the incident by going after Garrett (dumb because Garrett would pound him), Rudolph was wrong to try to take off Garrett's helmet and to continue the scrum.

Garrett quite literally could have caused brain damage with what he did next. Nothing in this scrum was even close to the same level as swinging a football helmet at somebody's unprotected head. Garrett (and Rudolph) are unbelievably lucky that the bottom of the helmet hit Rudolph and not the top. If that's the top of the helmet there's a good chance Garrett and Rudolph never play another NFL game.

Garrett should at minimum be done for the season, a full season's worth of games would be appropriate.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Haynesworth was the longest suspension for a single incident (5 games) I am aware of... But I went with 8 (I won't be sad at all if it's longer..) The NFL has to come down hard on this...

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Im going to say it falls somewhere between a 1 game suspension and spending the rest of his life in prison.

Reactions: CDJ

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
FWIW neither Andre Johnson nor Cortland Finnegan were suspended for their helmet throwing fist fight years ago. I get their situation was not nearly as sever, but the whole lifetime ban thing is a little too much.

RE criminal charges, this is a good point. I also don't think Rudolph would go that far. Even tho Garrett went way too far, I'm sure some players would take it the wrong way and consider it a breaking of the code.

A literal crime

If the Steelers were smart they would hold Rudolph out with concussion like symptoms to try and maximize their division rivals suspension

Problem with that is the NFL would be all over it. I.E. they'd get independent doctors to confirm it and if Steelers faked it ohh boy.

Last edited:
Reactions: CDJ

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
FWIW neither Andre Johnson nor Cortland Finnegan were suspended for their helmet throwing fist fight years ago. I get their situation was not nearly as sever, but the whole lifetime ban thing is a little too much.

RE criminal charges, this is a good point. I also don't think Rudolph would go that far. Even tho Garrett went way too far, I'm sure some players would take it the wrong way and consider it a breaking of the code.

Problem with that is the NFL would be all over it. I.E. they'd get independent doctors to confirm it and if Steelers faked it ohh boy.

Neither Finnegan or Johnson swung helmets like tomahawks at each other’s heads in that fight. It’s not really a comparable at all.

Thanks for reminding me of that fight and how big of a fan I was of Andre Johnson though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad