NFL: Predict the Myles Garrett suspension length

Myles Garrett will be suspended for how many games?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tvillewr419

May 17, 2019
With the national media coverage this is gunna get I think it starts at 6, Kareem got 8, burficts 12 was for history and stuff on/during the field of play. Heck AP got the commissioners list for whipping his kid, I keep leaning towards this is a statement with the way the league has taken a stance helmet contact/head injuries, Thinking 12-16, criminal being the key word

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Rest of the season...perhaps a game or two less or he will be available for the playoffs(potentially) after the NFLPA gets involved.

He is lucky that was Mason Raymond and not Tom Brady. Then the shit would have really hit the fan.

Reactions: irunthepeg

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Honestly asking, do you have a clip of the nut kick. I didn't see that, if it happened.
After Rudolph tried to rip Garrett’s helmet off, Garrett gets up and then goes to rip Rudolph’s helmet off. While doing so, Rudolph’s cleat ends up in Garrett’s crotch. I don’t think Rudolph was trying to stomp on Garrett’s crotch, but it looks like his foot ends up there in the tussle more by accident.

Tvillewr419

May 17, 2019
Far from enough for Garrett to do what he did. And I saw a better angle earlier (which will either be proven in the all 22 or not), so, I'm not saying its 100%, but that appears to be what makes him go nuts.

ThatS already mid Garrett acting an idiot..that’s on the third+ violent tug from a 260lb super human when ones head and neck are literally strapped to their body via the items ur yanking on, you’re going to get a reaction from anyone as ur trying to rag doll him

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
ThatS already mid Garrett acting an idiot..that’s on the third+ violent tug from a 260lb super human when ones head and neck are literally strapped to their body via the items ur yanking on, you’re going to get a reaction from anyone as ur trying to rag doll him
Here's a better angle. Garrett will still get a long time because you can't respond like that, but there are such things as mitigating circumstances. This was before Garrett ripped off his helmet, and Rudolph tried to rip his off. Either way, you can't respond like that, and he will lose a lot of money.

Tvillewr419

May 17, 2019
Im not saying Rudolph didn’t play any part, he def grabs at garrets helmet after he was thrownto the ground 3-4 seconds after he released the ball in a game you had won with 17 seconds left, he also Had already been head hunted twice that game and two Steelers receivers had been concussed, every one is gunna take exception to that BS that late.. and I’ll be honest I don’t see a kick from him on the ground, is his foot there sure, he doesnt pull the leg back to his chest and explode into Garrett not like the 3+ Tugs Garrett takes to get his helmet off

Reactions: JetsWillFly4Ever

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Far from enough for Garrett to do what he did. And I saw a better angle earlier (which will either be proven in the all 22 or not), so, I'm not saying its 100%, but that appears to be what makes him go nuts.

Edit: Better angle, hard to differentiate between whether he's pushing him off or a full on kick purposefully, but that's where it starts to really go haywire. Garrett still deserves atleast 4, and will probably get 6.

Ahh. At least gives a possible explanation for why he lost it. Don't think it changes anything for the suspension of Garrett personally.

Reactions: Tryamw

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Ahh. At least gives a possible explanation for why he lost it. Don't think it changes anything for the suspension of Garrett personally.
I think it stops it from being anything longer than the rest of this season. Still going to cost him a lot of money and the fact it was on during primetime hurts will make sure the league comes down hard.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
If the NFL had any integrity, he would be suspended for the rest of the season so in other words, I expect him to be back this season.

He committed a criminal act that could have turned out much worse than it did. Throw the book at him, throw the whole library at him.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

He kicked him in the nuts as he's ripping his helmet off out of self defense it looks like so it shouldn't change anything.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
He kicked him in the nuts as he's ripping his helmet off out of self defense it looks like so it shouldn't change anything.
After the other Rudolph tried to rip off Garrett's helmet (or atleast got his hand stuck causing it to appear that way). It's also the secondary escalation by running at him after if Garrett perceived he was kicked. Either way, it is an ugly situation and it will cost him the season most likely, and probably a shit ton of signing bonus money on his next deal.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I count at least three suspensions coming, possibly more, from this game.
The minimum is going to be Garrett and Pouncy. Garrett for the helmet incident, which will probably cost him the season, Pouncy for punching and kicking a defenseless player on the ground. It depends on what the league decides Rudolph did (kick?, escalation?, punch?), because all of that is unclear (so, I'm not saying Rudolph clearly did that. Don't think Randall gets a suspension, and I don't think Ogunjobi will get one, but maybe due to running at a QB in a scrum.

Which 3 do you count?

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Should be a lifetime ban, honestly. He quite literally could have killed a man like that. There’s absolutely no reason he should get to play professional football for millions of dollars any more. Far more serious than a guy smoking weed or even taking PEDs.

My guess is he’ll get the rest of the year, but it should be life.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
The minimum is going to be Garrett and Pouncy. Garrett for the helmet incident, which will probably cost him the season, Pouncy for punching and kicking a defenseless player on the ground. It depends on what the league decides Rudolph did (kick?, escalation?, punch?), because all of that is unclear (so, I'm not saying Rudolph clearly did that. Don't think Randall gets a suspension, and I don't think Ogunjobi will get one, but maybe due to running at a QB in a scrum.

Which 3 do you count?

I count the Randall one as the third. I might be wrong because NFL, but that was a gross play for my tastes. Not more than a game (don't believe Randall has a history).

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Here's a better angle. Garrett will still get a long time because you can't respond like that, but there are such things as mitigating circumstances. This was before Garrett ripped off his helmet, and Rudolph tried to rip his off. Either way, you can't respond like that, and he will lose a lot of money.

That's not a kick to the nuts. That's a guy being tossed around, bouncing off the grass & not having any control of his body. Yes his leg made slight contact with Garret's groin, but no way was that a kick.

There's no defending this act. He could've killed Rudolph. Seems like a classic case of roid rage here. See Alzado, Lyle.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
That's not a kick to the nuts. That's a guy being tossed around, bouncing off the grass & not having any control of his body. Yes his leg made slight contact with Garret's groin, but no way was that a kick.

There's no defending this act. He could've killed Rudolph. Seems like a classic case of roid rage here. See Alzado, Lyle.
You can't respond like that, but he put his cleat in his groin and then extends with pressure. He has some level of control. Garrett will be gone a long time, but he didn't snap out of nowhere.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Dude, you said you're a Browns fan? You're clearly letting your fandom get the better of you.
He clearly at the very least tries to push off using that foot. I'm fine with suspending him the year, what he did you can't do no matter how much you are provoked. But, it was not snapping out of nowhere. The whole play was essentially Garrett takes him down, arguably late, Rudolph either gets his hand caught or tries pulling Garretts mask off while Garrett was still on top, Garrett in return grabs Rudolphs mask while being pulled away by DeCastro, Rudolph either is trying to push Garrett off with his foot or directly tries kicking him and ends up hitting him in the groin, Garret then forcefully and successfully rips off Rudolph's helmet, as DeCastro is pushing Garrett away and we are seeing it potentially calm down, Rudolph runs at Garrett while Garrett is tied up, Garrett then uses his free hand which has the helmet to hit Rudolph. That's what happened. Garrett will get a long suspension for it, which was well earned, but he didn't just snap on him after landing on him after the play.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad