NFL: Predict the Myles Garrett suspension length

Myles Garrett will be suspended for how many games?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
2nd post was correct.
giphy.webp

Reactions: TheAngryHank

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
What do people think? Did MAGA Mason actually call him the N word or is Garret making it up?

Garrett should shut up and move on. He got 6 games and now will play again, also has a new contract coming his way within the next year.

I doubt Rudolph threw a slur at him with so many people around but in any case, its irrelevant.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Yeah I think he’s lying about this and I actually think that would make him a worse person than the assault with a deadly weapon. At least that can be chalked up to the heat of the moment.

The notion that he’d drop a Hard R with a Pouncey brother mere feet from him is nonsense.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Garrett should shut up and move on. He got 6 games and now will play again, also has a new contract coming his way within the next year.

I doubt Rudolph threw a slur at him with so many people around but in any case, its irrelevant.

If Rudolph did use a slur, why would Garrett have waited a week until after the incident to say anything about it? It's more likely Josina Anderson's tweet gave him the idea.

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
Myles Garrett has to be a liar because Mason Rudolph is a fine person whichever side he’s on.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Sounds like Dorsey is trying to help Garrett save face after the fact. Are we to believe every player on or near the scuffle at the time who originally said they didn't hear a racial slur did so on orders by Dorsey?
Garrett said it occurred while he was tackling Rudolph. There were a couple of Steelers standing within a few yards, but in a stadium full of a crowd making a lot of noise, would they have been able to hear Rudolph if he said something in a normal voice? Saying they didn't hear it is certainly very important to consider, but it's not like that's the full answer.

We also know now that Rudolph's helmet had been changed earlier in the game, so the one he was wearing late in the game wasn't mic'd up.

We have three possibilities here:
1. Rudolph said it.
2. Rudolph said something else that Garrett misheard.
3. Garrett made it up.

We'll never know the real answer because neither guy had a microphone on him to where we could really hear what sounds either made in the time between Garrett tackling Rudolph and Rudolph trying to pull Garrett's helmet off. Since we don't and can't know what really happened, this is just going to fall along fandom and political lines when it comes to who believes what.

Reactions: thesaadfather

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Garrett said it occurred while he was tackling Rudolph. There were a couple of Steelers standing within a few yards, but in a stadium full of a crowd making a lot of noise, would they have been able to hear Rudolph if he said something in a normal voice? Saying they didn't hear it is certainly very important to consider, but it's not like that's the full answer.

We also know now that Rudolph's helmet had been changed earlier in the game, so the one he was wearing late in the game wasn't mic'd up.

We have three possibilities here:
1. Rudolph said it.
2. Rudolph said something else that Garrett misheard.
3. Garrett made it up.

We'll never know the real answer because neither guy had a microphone on him to where we could really hear what sounds either made in the time between Garrett tackling Rudolph and Rudolph trying to pull Garrett's helmet off. Since we don't and can't know what really happened, this is just going to fall along fandom and political lines when it comes to who believes what.

It's not hard to believe who's lying considering certain players on the Cleveland side of this are contradicting themselves between what they said in November and what they're saying now. It's not hard at all to draw the conclusion they are trying to help Garrett save face.

Not to mention Dorsey's claim make him and the Browns organization look terrible. If he were telling the truth (which I don't think he is), then they basically told their players to cover up the use of a racial slur.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Man, to think this is actually a thing, a beef between a top end player and a freakin' mediocre at best backup quality QB.

If you don't love that, you don't love Browns football.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
Maybe Rudolph did call him that word. Maybe he didn't. We'll never know the truth. Regardless that does not mean Garrett or any player can try and crack open the alleged racists head.

Reactions: Big Poppa Puck

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Maybe Rudolph did call him that word. Maybe he didn't. We'll never know the truth. Regardless that does not mean Garrett or any player can try and crack open the alleged racists head.

I feel like if it did happen Tomlin would call him out on it, especially since the Steelers are no-nonsense organization who prides themselves on being at the forefront of these issues. It was Dan Rooney after all who helped put in place the rule that you need to interview a minority candidate (even if the rule is circumvented all the time). Rudolph is a guy they could cut without major repercussions.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
I feel like if it did happen Tomlin would call him out on it, especially since the Steelers are no-nonsense organization who prides themselves on being at the forefront of these issues. It was Dan Rooney after all who helped put in place the rule that you need to interview a minority candidate (even if the rule is circumvented all the time). Rudolph is a guy they could cut without major repercussions.
Yeah, I guess that's true. Who would have thought that baseball would be getting more press than the NFL when it came to controveries?

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
But Tomlin has no way to know, so he’s taking the smart default position of standing up for his player.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
But Tomlin has no way to know, so he’s taking the smart default position of standing up for his player.

Tomlin may not have heard what words were exchanged during the actual altercation, but given the responses of the players immediately following the game, it really isn't hard to believe Garrett was coached up by Josina Anderson's tweet a week after the fact.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->