Pre-Game Talk: Predict All the Canucks Trades before the Deadline

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Schenn for 3rd and 6th

no dice.

if Ben Chiarot whois not even as good as Schenn and on a heavy contract, get get a 1st, 4th and a 20 year old prospect, Schenn can only can get a 1st.
Myers for Mcdavid 50% retained and oiler's entire set of draft picks for the next decade
lol ok now I get it.

but I do think we can get more for Schenn. Easily.

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
no dice.

if Ben Chiarot whois not even as good as Schenn and on a heavy contract, get get a 1st, 4th and a 20 year old prospect, Schenn can only can get a 1st.

lol ok now I get it.

but I do think we can get more for Schenn. Easily.
Maybe a 2nd if we're lucky, seriously doubt we can get a 1st our way back though.
But then again, the league is full of old farts that constantly make bad trades.
Guess we'll find out.

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
Now rumor is Canucks not might move Schenn because his wife is going to give birth soon and Tocchet likes him a lot. So we could go from getting a bunch of picks for Kuzmenko and Schenn to nothing.

Reactions: quat

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
The rumor mill has been consistent regarding Demko......he wants out of Vancouver. I guess they don't call Vancouver 'a goalie graveyard' for nothing.

But where there's smoke there could be fire......the Kings are currently using AHL journeyman Phoenix Copley as their starting goalie.....Quick is rapidly aging out, and his heir apparent Cal Peterson was so bad he's ended up in the minors.

L.A. certainly has the assets to acquire Demko, that's for sure. Of course it would leave Vancouver nowhere as far as their own crease in concerned.

But if you want to remake this team defensively, I the possibility of a Demko trade has to be taken seriously.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Rangers fan coming in Peace.

Recently Glen Sather was in attendance at the Canucks/Jackets game. He's not GM anymore but acts as some sort of an Advisor. Weird that he was there, but he used to scout games as GM often.

Rangers beat writers keep saying LD, Top 6 RW, and bottom 6 energy guy.

With that said, does Schenn ever play the Left side or has he been primarily a RD during his stay in Vancouver?

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
So someone is suggesting that the Canucks are close on a deal with NJ.

Boeser for Holtz. Apparently they want Canucks to take 30% retention, and the Canucks are asking for a draft pick to do that.

sounds like a tolerable deal to me. Jump at it if its a later 1st round, but the article I saw is that we aremore likely to get a 2nd.

I would jump at this deal if they would throw in something like their 3rd for our 5th.

Reactions: oceanchild

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas

Boeser for Holtz. Apparently they want Canucks to take 30% retention, and the Canucks are asking for a draft pick to do that.

sounds like a tolerable deal to me. Jump at it if its a later 1st round, but the article I saw is that we aremore likely to get a 2nd.

I would jump at this deal if they would throw in something like their 3rd for our 5th.
I like really Holtz as a prospect and would make that trade, but our wings are way congested...I would hope they have a plan at some point to address the abomination that is our defense.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013

Recently Glen Sather was in attendance at the Canucks/Jackets game. He's not GM anymore but acts as some sort of an Advisor. Weird that he was there, but he used to scout games as GM often.

With that said, does Schenn ever play the Left side or has he been primarily a RD during his stay in Vancouver?
Right side only.

Sounds legit

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010

LD could be Travis Dermott, I guess. Top 6 RW leaves Boeser/Garland as options. I don't really see a bottom six/energy guy that would be a fit.

Has there been any credible source for this rumor? The only thing posted in here was by some guy who sells online hockey cards but bought a blue checkmark so people think he's some sort of source.

Reactions: Lion Hound

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
LD could be Travis Dermott, I guess. Top 6 RW leaves Boeser/Garland as options. I don't really see a bottom six/energy guy that would be a fit.

Has there been any credible source for this rumor? The only thing posted in here was by some guy who sells online hockey cards but bought a blue checkmark so people think he's some sort of source.
An article from something called wheel house hockey. Houseofhockey.net

Have no idea of how legit this source is. But it sounds like a legit proposal. I like my tinkering with it, namely

Boeser (30% retained) and 5th (2023)

for

Holtz NJ 2nd and 3rd (both 2023)

My reasoning is that NJ needs to slightly sweeten the deal, and trading our 5th for their 4th is only likely to be about 15 spots overall.

Edit - So Nucker is LOL at this. I would jump at it if it were 25% retained. I assume he doesn't think NJ would do it, but it seems like just. the sort of thing they would do for a cup run.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Nucker101

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
An article from something called wheel house hockey. Houseofhockey.net

Have no idea of how legit this source is. But it sounds like a legit proposal. I like my tinkering with it, namely

Boeser (30% retained) and 5th (2023)

for

Holtz NJ 2nd and 3rd (both 2023)

My reasoning is that NJ needs to slightly sweeten the deal, and trading our 5th for their 4th is only likely to be about 15 spots overall.

Edit - So Nucker is LOL at this. I would jump at it if it were 25% retained. I assume he doesn't think NJ would do it, but it seems like just. the sort of thing they would do for a cup run.

But even in the article it shows it's just referencing some twitter nobody, it's not a real rumour.

As for the actual value.. well, it seems insanely bad for NJ. But I've kind of given up on having reasonable discussions about Boeser's value as apparantly it ranges from zero to a top-25 NHL prospect depending whose proposing it.

That guy even says "the ask from vancouver for salary retention would be a 2nd" and that makes no sense. The salary retention is in place to offset how overpaid he is so you have a potential asset. It's not in place to extract additional value.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
But even in the article it shows it's just referencing some twitter nobody, it's not a real rumour.

As for the actual value.. well, it seems insanely bad for NJ. But I've kind of given up on having reasonable discussions about Boeser's value as apparantly it ranges from zero to a top-25 NHL prospect depending whose proposing it.
Fair enough. But it does seem to make some sense, since Holtz has only played 18 games this year, and has 4 pts. NJ is having a great season. Boeser has good value to them at 30% retained, and is the sort of piece that would likely help.

Good for us, we shed our $4 M in cap space, get a 7th OA (2020) pick who has been disappointing to NJ (fans seem to be complaining). And a late 2nd round pick.

And even if the site is not got any history, it doesn't seem to have either a Canuck or NJ bias.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas

That guy even says "the ask from vancouver for salary retention would be a 2nd" and that makes no sense. The salary retention is in place to offset how overpaid he is so you have a potential asset. It's not in place to extract additional value.
I think its probably mostly just rumor mongering through extrapolation...I think we had been initially linked to NJ in rumors, NJ is looking for a winger, we have wingers, JR has a good relationship with Tom Fitzgerald...ergo we must be trading our winger for their prized Swedish rookie prospect.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Fair enough. But it does seem to make some sense, since Holtz has only played 18 games this year, and has 4 pts. NJ is having a great season. Boeser has good value to them at 30% retained, and is the sort of piece that would likely help.

Good for us, we shed our $4 M in cap space, get a 7th OA (2020) pick who has been disappointing to NJ (fans seem to be complaining). And a late 2nd round pick.

NJ has long been rumored to be interested in Boeser or Garland and I agree with you that the bones of the deal (Boeser with 30% retention) makes sense. I even agree that Holtz might be a guy they would be willing to give up if they acquired Boeser.

I'm just so far off from you in terms of value.

Boeser with 30% retained along with a wing prospect like McDonough for Holtz and a cap dump like Jonsson is probably where I fall. Even still, I really like that trade for the Canucks but it's at least in the realm of plausibility vs a Holtz/2nd/3rd and no cap dump proposal,

I think its probably mostly just rumor mongering through extrapolation...I think we had been initially linked to NJ in rumors, NJ is looking for a winger, we have wingers, JR has a good relationship with Tom Fitzgerald...ergo we must be trading our winger for their prized Swedish rookie prospect.

My thought is that Holtz is actually out there.. but in a Timo Meier trade. Not a trade with us.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
My thought is that Holtz is actually out there.. but in a Timo Meier trade. Not a trade with us.
I would agree with that...I do think we could target Holtz in a Boeser deal as well, but I don't think Boeser with some retention alone gets that done...unless JR has some compromising photos of Fitzgerald.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012

What's the value of a properly paid top6 winger at 25

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
What's the value of a properly paid top6 winger at 25

This:

Boeser with 30% retained along with a wing prospect like McDonough for Holtz and a cap dump like Jonsson is probably where I fall. Even still, I really like that trade for the Canucks but it's at least in the realm of plausibility vs a Holtz/2nd/3rd and no cap dump proposal,

.. or at least, that would be a very good deal for the Canucks if Holtz is actually available.

If he's not, probably the pretty standard 2nd & a B prospect for Boeser with 30% retained.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Rathbone for a similar prospect, change of scenery type deal or a 4th rounder.
Schenn for 2nd+low end prospect
Hoglander for a RHD prospect
Boeser gets moved but idk for what. Maybe Holtz+Andreas Johnsson (cap)

I think that's it. Garland/Myers get moved in the offseason and Demko goes nowhere.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

ChuckNorris4Cup

May 31, 2018
I can't predict these things, but as long as more are traded I'm happy. Guys I'd like to see moved, Brock(too slow on everything), Garland(like his work ethic but doesn't score enough), Miller(can't stand the guy, may not be able to move but I'd like him moved), Myers(This guy is brutal, but can be used as depth on a playoff team), OEL(Probably can't be moved but this guy is bad, worth max 2M).

Schenn(I really like this guy, but understand you need to take what you can get at the moment). Demko(This is a tough one, but we don't need wins and if something is there that you just can't turn down then you take it)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad