Pre-Game Talk: Predict All the Canucks Trades before the Deadline

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
The Canucks have had 3 retention spots for years, they were never used I don't think, at least I can't remember under Benning.

I agree retention is the key for trades especially right now. The use of the two remaining spots this year and having one next year could be vital to "building" this team quickly.

Rathbone. Maybe as part of a package deal, as a sweetener.

IIRC, they retained salary on Del Zotto.

Reactions: theguardianII

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
The Canucks have had 3 retention spots for years, they were never used I don't think, at least I can't remember under Benning.

I agree retention is the key for trades especially right now. The use of the two remaining spots this year and having one next year could be vital to "building" this team quickly.

Rathbone. Maybe as part of a package deal, as a sweetener.
Beauvillier and Myers will be UFA after next season so I think having two retention spots free would be ideal to facilitate them as rentals.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
1675590456088.jpeg

I think this is not very concrete but Elliotte does not make stuff up. This is likely something he heard, but the level of certainty he has is low so it is "wondering" instead of any form of reporting.

This would free up 950k per year for us and Mantha's contract ends 1 year sooner, right in time for EPs potential extension.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
View attachment 645929

I think this is not very concrete but Elliotte does not make stuff up. This is likely something he heard, but the level of certainty he has is low so it is "wondering" instead of any form of reporting.

This would free up 950k per year for us and Mantha's contract ends 1 year sooner, right in time for EPs potential extension.

Yes please, but why would Washington want to do this.

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
Yes please, but why would Washington want to do this.
Because the future is now with WAS. Mantha is not working out and maybe BB will. WAS could take the deal without retention too given LTIR.

Dropping a year of term is worth it IMO if we don't have to retain. My guess is we would still have to retain though.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
View attachment 645929

This is just what I suggest months ago. I’m an insider too.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Asked my buddies who are not Canucks fans.

They all thought Washington should add a pick in this trade.

Brock is not as hated anywhere else.

Stat watching. Boeser had more points, therefore is better. If we could get a 2nd, even better. Free $1m cap next year and 6.6m the year after. Retain on Mantha and you get another pick and create more cap options

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Stat watching. Boeser had more points, therefore is better. If we could get a 2nd, even better. Free $1m cap next year and 6.6m the year after. Retain on Mantha and you get another pick and create more cap options
No theyve seen him play.

And Ive let them know his struggles.

I dont think you quite understand how bad Mantha has been for the past 3 years.

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
Ya'll think Schenn will get a 1st, even with a sweetener, are smoking something crazy.

Schenn may get a 2nd, if we're lucky, but really, there's many other dmen of his caliber available and no reason any team should pay a 1st for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad