Pre-Game Talk: Predict All the Canucks Trades before the Deadline

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
Schenn: Any of the contending teams. High end return is a second, multiple 3rds, or a B prospect.

Boeser: I think that they will run out of time to properly structure a deal and revisit that before the draft. His salary is easier to fit in during the offseason when teams have a lot more room opened up.

Demko: Even if the rumours of his unhappiness are true, he'd have to come back and play lights out to justify a team acquiring him and the Canucks trading him. With that tight of a timeline, would need to be another offseason move.

Burroughs: One of those small deals that quietly happens on deadline day for a 7th. Also wouldn't be surprised if he stays and is kept around in the same role for next season.

Garland: Like Boeser and Demko, off-season move. With Tocchet as his coach, I think it's increasingly unlikely he gets moved.

Myers: Post-signing bonus off-season trade.

I think there's a very good chance the Canucks will place Pearson and Mikheyev on LTIR and act as trade brokers and/or take on a bad contract for compensation. It's not sexy and doesn't generate any capspace for next season but, essentially, just buys some draft picks and prospects.
You nailed it!

Reactions: Vector

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
Why would we trade Demko in a deal where we take back a negative value asset like Peterson? Some of you have really gone off the deep end for where Demko's value is. If there's any truth that LA wants to send you their minor league goalie making 5M for 3 more years, you hang up on them. That's ridiculous. Peterson would more likely be dealt to a team like Chicago with picks going to the Hawks as well - then a separate deal for LA to acquire a goalie could happen perhaps Demko.

Absolutely no reason we grab a boat anchor contract in a deal where we trade a very good goalie.

Reactions: EVDV and iFan

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
They shouldn't limit themselves if the right piece comes along... but please baby Jesus don't acquire anymore wingers.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Why would we trade Demko in a deal where we take back a negative value asset like Peterson? Some of you have really gone off the deep end for where Demko's value is. If there's any truth that LA wants to send you their minor league goalie making 5M for 3 more years, you hang up on them. That's ridiculous. Peterson would more likely be dealt to a team like Chicago with picks going to the Hawks as well - then a separate deal for LA to acquire a goalie could happen perhaps Demko.

Absolutely no reason we grab a boat anchor contract in a deal where we trade a very good goalie.

Every type of trade should be on the table if the value is there.

Reactions: Canucker and Vector

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Boeser to Washington with the Oshie connection with retention for some sort of pick or prospect and dead weight contract.

Probably mantha involved

Last edited:

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Schenn will go for a 3rd plus another
hot take: Myers will net a 2nd. if they play it right, he may net a 1st

Demko will net a higher return than regular goalie trades if he passes a physical. The truth is, Allvin doesn't have to move him, I doubt Aqua wants to either, he will have to kiss his 'retool' good bye. It will take an offer that knocks their pants off.

Last edited:

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Bally Sports Bankruptcy Can Affect the Salary Cap

That could also make retention even more valuable.

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
I just want more picks for this year's draft. We have 7 at the moment and should have at least 3 or 4 more.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
Wishlist:
  • Miller trade, don't care what the return is
  • Schenn for 2nd
  • Boeser with retention for something significant in return
Realistic:
  • Schenn for a 3rd

It's sad how little of value we have to sell after so many years of going all in to contend immediately with this roster.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I'm going all in.....Boeser, Garland, Myers and Schenn all gone.....with some picks coming back. Canucks will have to retain salary, but even that might be more palatable if there's a bidding war in the 11th hour before the TDL.

With Horvat now off the table,, there's an 'arms race' in the Metropolitan Division. Teams like Carolina, the Rangers and Devils, who are convinced they have a shot at long playoff run, will be in a bidding war against each other. Wouldn't discount the Caps being active as well.

Let the bidding begin!

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
Tyler Myers will be traded to... *shakes magic orange hockey ball* ...the Edmonton Oilers!

And we'll end up with another expensive underperforming winger like Puljujarvi or Foegele

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
Schenn will go for a 3rd plus another
hot take: Myers will net a 2nd. if they play it right, he may net a 1st

Demko will net a higher return than regular goalie trades if he passes a physical. The truth is, Allvin doesn't have to move him, I doubt Aqua wants to either, he will have to kiss his 'retool' good bye. It will take an offer that knocks their pants off.
Certainly the craziest predictions yet

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
I think something along the lines below are possible

Schenn and our 2nd to Tampa for their 1st
Myers @50% and our 3rd To Pittsburgh for Kapanen and their 2nd
Boeser for to Calgary for Lucic, 2nd, kuznetsov (20yo LD)

Reactions: Flik

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Peterson is in the minors making 5M with 3 years left LA should be paying that to move his contract alone.

He has 2 years left after this, add a post-deadline1/4 more season if you really want. His cap hit is $3.85m in the minors. As a wealthy team that should be rebuilding for a few years we should be all over that. Trade Demko somewhere, run woeful Peterson/Martin, correct draft loot.

The Canucks are not rebuilding though, they will move a few players and spend up on UFAs.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Vegas Knights Mark Stone out for the season. They currently have 3.8 million in cap space and currently have a 1st rounder in 2023. some Arm chairs are suggesting we can ship JT miller to them for their 1st, but we have to take a 4 million dollar contract back in return.

so some key injuries around the Leauge.

Max Pacioretty for the Hurricanes. Was expected to go on a all out run for the Canes for a shot at the cup. He's out.

Stone of the Vegas knights. He's out "indefinitely"

Gabriel Landeskog is out until but until Mid March

Tom Wilson for the caps.

I'm sure some teams will seek some additional depth, and we got some guys available, (Garland Boeser, Beauliviier.

NVM on Mark Stone. I think Vegas might pull a Stone appears for the playoffs B.S and circumvent the cap.

Last edited:

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Vegas Knights Mark Stone out for the season. They currently have 3.8 million in cap space and currently have a 1st rounder in 2023. some Arm chairs are suggesting we can ship JT miller to them for their 1st, but we have to take a 4 million dollar contract back in return.

so some key injuries around the Leauge.

Max Pacioretty for the Hurricanes. Was expected to go on a all out run for the Canes for a shot at the cup. He's out.

Stone of the Vegas knights. He's out "indefinitely"

Gabriel Landeskog is out until but until Mid March

Tom Wilson for the caps.

I'm sure some teams will seek some additional depth, and we got some guys available, (Garland Boeser, Beauliviier.

For more likely Boeser is the guy to Golden Knights rather than Miller.

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
Schenn for 3rd and 6th
Garland/Boeser for a 2nd since we're selling low
Myers for Mcdavid 50% retained and oiler's entire set of draft picks for the next decade

MadaCanuckle

Jun 25, 2012
Lisboa
I think something along the lines below are possible

Schenn and our 2nd to Tampa for their 1st
Myers @50% and our 3rd To Pittsburgh for Kapanen and their 2nd
Boeser for to Calgary for Lucic, 2nd, kuznetsov (20yo LD)
Why not Miller? They are all win this year and would want someone who can score right now.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Every type of trade should be on the table if the value is there.

there's only so much dead cap we can take on if we want a team that can compete in a few years. We all know what its like having dead cap space handcuffing us, we should be very careful about what bad contracts we're taking on... we already have OEL and Miller moving forward we can't be adding on bad contracts with lots of term, this season and next sure no issues there but going longer than that we shouldn't be taking that on.

Reactions: m9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad