Pre-Game Talk: Predators in our Barn, Thurs Nov. 17 7:30 PM on TSN

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Wonder if Varone gets the call or maybe Bailey. I guess Paul is LW capable over Bailey. Always Perron. They'll need someone.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Might be a chance for Puempel to slot into a top 6 spot. If he doesn't get a chance now, he never will.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Ottawa Senators ‏@Senators 15m15 minutes ago
The coach confirms that Mike Condon will start in goal tonight against the Predators.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Feeling a yuuuggggeee game coming up from pure goal scorer Matt Puempel.

SelleckStache

Mar 12, 2007
Ottawa
I've been waiting for Pageau and Brassard to join forces. Good for matchups.
Pageau is the straw that stirs the drink on most lines too

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Hmm, disappointing that they're not playing Puempel on a better line. Dude's done in Ottawa as soon as all our injured guys return (if they ever do).

Puempel hasn't been great but man. Someone throw the guy a bone. There's a spot right there beside brassard and stone.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Ya, that's always a great plan. Get rid of a proven player, for some maybe's.....

Thank god, that era is gone..... :yo:

I didn't care for the revelation that there were better deals on the table but they knew Mike wanted to go to Nashville, perhaps this attitude has led to guys taking discounts or signing that we are not aware of however, from a pure sports business perspective it looks and likely was pretty silly.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Fisher is my favourite example of the bad trades that can be made when a team goes into "tear it all down and rebuild" mode. He's now played almost six very solid seasons in the NHL since that trade, and the two players we drafted with the picks we got amounted to absolutely nothing. Guys with proven ability to play in this league are very hard to come by, and character two way players like Fish are even more rare. This was almost as bad as the Spezza trade...almost.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Fisher is my favourite example of the bad trades that can be made when a team goes into "tear it all down and rebuild" mode. He's now played almost six very solid seasons in the NHL since that trade, and the two players we drafted with the picks we got amounted to absolutely nothing. Guys with proven ability to play in this league are very hard to come by, and character two way players like Fish are even more rare. This was almost as bad as the Spezza trade...almost.

Wasnt he traded more as a personal favour for his family? It just conveniently coincided with our rebuild.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

Most GMs will try & accommodate their players who have been excellent character guys for their franchise & community as Fisher was here in Ottawa. BM did the right thing for Fisher & every player in the NHL notices that. This may be a business but human beings & lives are also at stake & doing the right thing should always be respected.

The fact that what they got in return not making it should be more on the scouting staff for not finding better players to draft at that spot or maybe there just wasn't anyone good enough to draft at those spots. Maybe BM should have used those picks to move up to draft someone better, I'm quite sure there were other options & they decided to go a certain way & it didn't work out. Sometimes you get lucky & find a gem in later rounds & sometimes you don't, every team is guilty of it. If I remember correctly there was a majority of people on here who wanted Fisher off this team & I was one of the few who wanted to keep him. Most didn't think he was good enough & only a 3rd line centre at best & most thought the return was decent at the time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad