Pre-Game Talk: Predators @ Habs, Saturday at 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
It’s going to take a lot more then Weber playing 82 games and a PK injury to sway the trade. PK has been apart of three teams that have made it to the ECF or farther, and played a big part each time. For a trade that was suppose to help us in the moment, what exactly has Shea done in the playoffs his entire career? Just because we’ve been hosed in the past doesn’t mean people should throw management a pass on this trade. When the clowns that designed this team get fired, you’ll see many more fans able to move on.

I wish I could believe that, but as fans we are starting to turn into a real ugly bunch. Hoping for losses to tank....sure I guess. Hoping for losses to get management fired...sure I guess. Hoping to see your favourite team get blown out of the building?? That shouldn't be a thing. The attacks on players...awful. The crap that was said about Price....wow. Losing brings out the worst in Habs fans. That's why I hate the idea of a full rebuild. 3-4 years of consistent losing will result in chaos.

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
All I know is that management was bound and determined to deal PK before his no move clause kicked in.
Wich is why they got a subpar return. Trading Weber made NOSENSE WHATSOEVER from a financial standpoint for the Preds. They already paid more than 50% of Weber's salary at the time and were gonna enjoy the pay cut.

I'm sure Poile got a call from the owner when the trade went down. That's not even taking into account the cap penalty they will face..

Poile wouldn't have traded Weber for a "lateral move".

Reactions: ArtPeur

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I wish I could believe that, but as fans we are starting to turn into a real ugly bunch. Hoping for losses to tank....sure I guess. Hoping for losses to get management fired...sure I guess. Hoping to see your favourite team get blown out of the building?? That shouldn't be a thing.

I don’t disagree with this point. It shouldn’t be this way. But we have an owner that’s put up an enormous political shield around the team protecting people he likes. It seems like the only way to penetrate the shield is to lose and get into the pockets of Molson.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
It’s going to take a lot more then Weber playing 82 games and a PK injury to sway the trade. PK has been apart of three teams that have made it to the ECF or farther, and played a big part each time. For a trade that was suppose to help us in the moment, what exactly has Shea done in the playoffs his entire career? Just because we’ve been hosed in the past doesn’t mean people should throw management a pass on this trade. When the clowns that designed this team get fired, you’ll see many more fans able to move on.

Get...6th place in Norris voting?

No, shit, that's a regular season award and no one even cares about 2nd place much less 6th. Back to the drawing board.

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
Next year Weber plays 82 games and PK is out of the lineup with a herniated disk and the debate pendulum swings again. We won, we lost, we won, we lost....So what? Most of us survived way more lopsided trades than this. Sempre avanti!

Some of you still don't seem to get it. Or maybe you just don't want to get it. The trade was lopsided from day 1. It was a bad trade for the Habs two summers ago. It was a bad trade for the habs last season. It was a bad trade for the Habs last playoffs. It's a bad trade now. And it will be a bad trade nest season, and every season after that.

This isn't a pendulum. It's a noose.

The problem, though, is that we still haven't learned from it. In fact, we should have learned from this in 1995 when we traded Patrick Roy. But we didn't, so we repeated the same mistake 2016. We didn't learn from that trade, so Bergevin repeated the same mistakes he did with Subban in his contract negotiations with him, which inevitably costs us Radulov and Markov.

If we had learned from our mistakes, people wouldn't still be defending Bergevin, and Bergevin wouldn't have a job right now. But here we are. And I'm not convinced we will learn our mistakes soon. There is a cultural problem in the Habs organization. We used to be the beacon of progressive hockey in the NHL. Right now, we are the dark shadow of traditionalism in the NHL.

So yeah, I guess we can continue our "it could be worse" comments, but that kind of thinking doesn't produce progress, if the last 25 years without a cup tells us anything.

Pickles

Apr 25, 2017
In the jar'o
The only ones upset are either his fan club or people that just like to complain for the sake of it.

The trade has not been a complete utter failure, it hasn’t even been a failure.

Weber is still elite, and finished 6th in Norris voting last year. Somehow that just gets forgotten?
It's a huge failure whether you want to admit it or not. Honestly who cares if Weber finished 6th in Norris voting. PK is on his way to his 2nd Norris. Has Weber even won one yet? You're not fooling anyone here, you're not impartial you're just a sad hater.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Some of you still don't seem to get it. Or maybe you just don't want to get it. The trade was lopsided from day 1. It was a bad trade for the Habs two summers ago. It was a bad trade for the habs last season. It was a bad trade for the Habs last playoffs. It's a bad trade now. And it will be a bad trade nest season, and every season after that.

The problem, though, is that we still haven't learned from it. In fact, we should have learned from this in 1995 when we traded Patrick Roy. But we didn't, so we repeated the same mistake 2016. We didn't learn from that trade, so Bergevin repeated the same mistakes he did with Subban in his contract negotiations with him, which inevitably costs us Radulov and Markov.

If we had learned from our mistakes, people wouldn't still be defending Bergevin, and Bergevin wouldn't have a job right now. But here we are. And I'm not convinced we will learn our mistakes soon. There is a cultural problem in the Habs organization. We used to be the beacon of progressive hockey in the NHL. Right now, we are the dark shadow of traditionalism in the NHL.

So yeah, I guess we can continue our "it could be worse" comments, but that kind of thinking doesn't produce progress, if the last 25 years without a cup tells us anything.

You better not hope the Habs bring in the likes of Damp House as the next PHO, giving way to friends from the blue couches occupying key positions, like Stéphane Leroux realizing his wet dream by becoming head of scouting.

LaFloater

Jan 23, 2014
Burlington
Wow the day has finally arrived where I can watch a Habs game with some interest in the game. This might be the 2nd game I have watched all year (after years of religiously watching all the games on RDS etc until the PK trade). My only interest in the Habs this season is waiting for the axe to fall on Bergevin. But despite checking every few days and expecting the most logical and overdue firing in Habs history (Since MT last year) it still hasn't happened. I just want the Habs to be completely humiliated by PK and the Preds tonight so that Molson might be finally triggered to do something. Alas Molson seems like Théoden in the LOTR in his obliviousness to how terrible the situation is and Bergevin is his wormtongue.

Almost looks like Wormtongue is talking about PK right here!

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
You better not hope the Habs bring in the likes of Damp House as the next PHO, giving way to friends from the blue couches occupying key positions, like Stéphane Leroux realizing his wet dream by becoming head of scouting.

Stop Runner. We have enough to worry about right now. Thinking about the possibility of things staying just as corrupt in the future is too much.

Reactions: groovejuice

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta

I don't disagree that it's a trade I wouldn't have made, but one for one, in no way is it a lopsided deal. If Team Canada were at the Olympics right now, a healthy Weber would be there and a healthy PK would not. While to some that means nothing, to others it says a lot. Potato/potato

I personally find all the proposals out there moving Price and Weber for prospects and picks are also lopsided because you have proven all-stars and to exchange them for ifs and buts is crazy, yet here we are talking about it as Habs fans.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
Subban was becoming bigger than the face of the franchise and the GM and the owner.

Molson and MB couldn't take that and so traded Subban to save their image before his NTC kicked in.

Reactions: BLASPHEMOUS

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Stop Runner. We have enough to worry about right now. Thinking about the possibility of things staying just as corrupt in the future is too much.

The idea of Damp House as PHO has been floated by franco media.

Damphousse est le prototype parfait de ce que le président des opérations hockey du Canadien de Montréal devrait être.

Le CH a besoin d’un président

Reactions: nhlfan9191

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
tenor.gif

PK tonight when he steps on the ice, hearing thousands of his fans chanting his name. PK PK PK PK PK

And millions AND PK means MILLIONS chanting at home!

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Has any PreGT ever been this long? I swear, it has more pages than all the other pre-game-talks combined this season

.. and there's no GDT yet

Goodbahd

Dec 17, 2017
Apparently you have an issue just reading, as well as a general cognitive handicap. I didn't mention intelligence or Einstein, and have never alluded to Bergevin's education or lack thereof.

Just more infantile fabrications to support your unsupportable meanderings.

The only Pejorative Sluration on display here is you.

You definitely indirectly considered Subban to have Einstein-level intelligence. It's understandable though you live your life on these boards, so you have no understanding of the outside world, or the real world.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
Have to be honest, a combination of how awful the habs are as a team ( I don't like many players), and the olympics snowboarding and alpine skiing starting at 8pm, I can see myself turning off the habs game after a period of play. I don't think Canada gets enough coverage of skiing and snowboarding, so it's really fun to watch the best.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Have to be honest, a combination of how awful the habs are as a team ( I don't like many players), and the olympics snowboarding and alpine skiing starting at 8pm, I can see myself turning off the habs game after a period of play. I don't think Canada gets enough coverage of skiing and snowboarding, so it's really fun to watch the best.
Is Kingsbury on tonight?

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
can't believe it has come to this for me, but i hope habs get smoked tonight with PK getting a hat trick and his name chanted all night. would be great to see bargain-bin and condo Geoff embarrassed into submission, i'm not even a subban fan lol

Reactions: Garbageyuk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $5.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany