Pre-Game Talk: Predators @ Habs, Saturday at 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pickles

Apr 25, 2017
In the jar'o
I don't know if you've been paying attention but Subban already has more points than Shea Weber did last year in twenty-five fewer games. There's no exaggerating on my part. P.K. is doing something now that Shea is incapable of. For the last year, P.K. has been inarguably the better player.

Stop begging the question with this ''at worst it's a lateral move'' b.s. We're losing this trade.
We lost that trade the moment it was made. Shea was never going to lead this team in points the way Subban did and he's doing the same thing for Nashville.

Reactions: Runner77

Goodbahd

Dec 17, 2017
There is only one guy who's embarrassing himself here.

Hint: it's not Lebowski. Phil Housely :laugh: at least you put the ö on Lidström :sarcasm:

Well I guess you just did embarrass yourself, because you basically inadvertently tried to argue that Housely would be better than Lidström if we were to consider point totals as the sole focus of evaluating defenseman, which is what you tried to do.

E82

Feb 3, 2015
I’m neutral about the player, that’s why I can offer an objective analysis about the situation. Your contention is that your angry about the trade and trying to take it out on other posters who don’t think like you.
lmao dont kill me with your objective BS

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Your not making sense. I didn’t draw parallels between the two. I said arguments about points, are not good indicators of who is better when it comes to evaluating defenseman. I used the Housely versus Lidström as an example.

Both Subban and Weber are on a lower level than both Housely and Lidström, respectively.

Do you know what drawing a parallel means?

Because you're quite clearly insinuating that Subban is the Housley of your scenario, ergo "all points", and Weber is the Lidstrom.

It just goes to show how out in the left field you are when it comes to evaluating either player. Which, to be fair, is the only justification for anyone that still defends this trade.

Koivu11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
$

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
I’m neutral about the player, that’s why I can offer an objective analysis about the situation. Your contention is that your angry about the trade and trying to take it out on other posters who don’t think like you.

Actual neutral fans offering objective analysis have PK as the front runner for the Norris this season.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Subban is having a better season this year. Weber has a better season last year, unfortunately he’s been injured all year. Right now it’s a lateral move at worst. Weber is still elite. He had 16 points in 26 games before injury.

Subban was injured last year. Why doesn't that get included in your comparison of their seasons last year? Subban still managed to finish with a higher P/GP than Weber, despite his injury, and Weber's health. For all of 2017, including the playoffs, Subban was the better player, and he has a Conn-Smythe vote to prove it.

Subban's 2016-17, moreover, was better than Weber's season this year, such as it is.

Your points argument is completely invalid though.

What the f*** is a points argument?

Phil Housely has more points in fewer games played than Nik Lidström. Are you going to embarrass yourself and try to suggest that Housely was better?

I actually don't even have to engage with this point, since you already conceded that Subban is having a better season than Weber has had in recent memory.

Weber will finally have a handicap of 0 this year, if everything goes well.

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
He had 16 points in 26 games before injury.
He had 6 goals 7 assists, 13 points .+16 in 16 games last year too. 67 points pace

Still finished the year with 17g 25a in 78 games, a 44 points pace.....

Something tells me it would of been similar this year

Habset

Feb 21, 2008
Montreal
Subban is having a better season this year. Weber has a better season last year, unfortunately he’s been injured all year. Right now it’s a lateral move at worst. Weber is still elite. He had 16 points in 26 games before injury.

Your points argument is completely invalid though.

Phil Housely has more points in fewer games played than Nik Lidström. Are you going to embarrass yourself and try to suggest that Housely was better?
Weber is elite but Subban is on a higher level right now. You keep bringing up last season but in an injured season Subban still had a better PPG and helped his team make it much further then with Weber as their captain for the last 11 seasons. Subban has made it to 2 separate conference finals and Weber hasn't even been past the 2nd round despite a longer career.

Comparing their stats since the trade will show you how Subban has stood out since then:

Subban: 0.67 ppg
Weber: 0.55 ppg

Weber doesn't even stand out much where he was supposed to be a clear favorite:

Subban: 0.19 gpg
Weber: 0.22 gpg

Subban: +8
Weber: +13

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
He had 6 goals 7 assists, 13 points .+16 in 16 games last year too. 67 points pace

Still finished the year with 17g 25a in 78 games, a 44 points pace.....

Something tells me it would of been similar this year

Yeah this stupid "pace" thing is just that....stupid.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
People whine when ex-habs are booed when they are coming back to Montreal. WAtch now how people will whine when they'll do the exact opposite tonight. This might very well get out of hands.....lol

The people that'd whine about that on here, I can count on my hands.

Half of them don't even bother posting at the moment because the sole purpose of their existence seem to be trashing certain players. They won't show up if Subban does well. I'd bet we could see some long gone familiar faces around these parts tonight if Subban has a rough time.

Reactions: Runner77

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
I know I do this to myself, but following and posting on this site doesn't enhance my enjoyment in following the Habs. I'm guessing I am not alone in this and I would also guess those that follow the radio enjoy it even less. My wife who does neither, is blissfully in love with the team even when things go wrong. After all isn't that what it is about? A positive distraction from the rigours of daily life. I for one would welcome some of that naivete.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad